🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Contest.................."PIC OF YOUR MOST UNUSUAL FIND"

OK LQ....I'm thinking the Mighty AP will be able to identify with this one! :D

This is a set of genuine shackles that the 'ole Rusty Pan used on AP to get him to say all those nasty things about us gals! ;D Had him bound and shackled this whole time! :o

Actually.......found them in a field this past winter. ;D

;)

Attachments

• shackles.JPG
    shackles.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 674
  • shackles.JPG
    shackles.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 666

madfranks

May 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero

Was out this morning, detecting at the park across the street, when I picked up this really loud and strong signal! I've gotten signals like these before and they always turn out to be buried soda cans or big hunks of foil, just garbage. Well I started digging anyway and you'll never guess what I found!!! A BURIED CACHE OF WHEATIES!!!! I've never found a cache before, but apparently someone who wanted to keep their Wheaties safe buried them here. Well I uncovered it and let me tell you, a more exciting morning I have never had!!! I went home and poured myself a bowl; it was delicious.

Attachments

• Wheaties Cache 3.jpg
    Wheaties Cache 3.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 630
  • Wheaties Cache 2.jpg
    Wheaties Cache 2.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 685
  • Wheaties Cache 1.jpg
    Wheaties Cache 1.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 680

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Lol!!! madfranks! A cache of wheats! Im laughing my head off! ;D ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Good one!!!!!!

:D

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Here's an old toy gun I found at a ranch in Wyoming. I guess from the days when they called detectives a "Dick". :D

HH!
TBGO

Attachments

• DickTracyPistol.jpg
    DickTracyPistol.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 650

muddyknees

May 5, 2005
Holden Beach,North Carolina

Found this last year in a church yard. its a gold star pin issued to mothers and wifes of men killed in ww2.
On the back are the inialisof the deceased and the print by act of crongress 1947.
muddyknees

Attachments

• Cap0016.jpg
    Cap0016.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 607

poco

Jun 24, 2006
New York

mojjax said:
I have to give my chickens credit for finding these teeth . They dig holes all around my yard to take dirt baths in . I've found alot of plastic army men , smurfs , a New hampshire public works token , and these creepy teeth !
mojjax

Wow those teeth are freaky :o

dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I would say this is the find that almost gave me a heart attack. While detecting at a small rail station site that has long been gone I was finding the usual amount of nails, date nails, chunks of tin and iron and was ready to pack up and head back to home. I was checking around about four or five feet from the tracks when I got another junk signal. I said what the heck, another slice of tin or hunk of iron, but i"ll dig. About four inches under the rock,dirt and coal I saw a small glint of gold...As I dug it out, I wont repeat the words I said, but you can imagine. Other than about half of the enamel on top being gone and wear, its pretty much like it came out of the ground, minus a Little dirt. One side has the front of the train and the other the back. Passenger train from the looks of it...Never seen another like it. Must have belonged to a railroad official from the 1920' to the 50's..I don't think a normal RR-worker would have something like this... 10k gold and a real heart stopper. needless to say a keeper and one of a kind...Think about what this ring looked like new...WOW
Thanks! DG39

Attachments

• ringsidetwo.jpg
    ringsidetwo.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 640
  • ringsideone.jpg
    ringsideone.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 636
  • ringtop.jpg
    ringtop.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 649

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice contest.Well,I have a unusual looking whatsit but i'm too stupid to figure out how to get a photo of it on here with my new camera.So i'll have to go with something I already have a photo of.I never did really find out what this is,it's about 2 inches long and an inch wide from fin to fin.The one side looks like a snake and the other looks like a buddha or something.Not too unusual,'cept still don't know what the heck it is.Maybe lucky talisman.Found on a friends property north of lake Okeechobee.here's a pic.

Attachments

• fish thing-1.jpg
    fish thing-1.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 580
  • fish thing-2.jpg
    fish thing-2.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 585
  • pirate biker.jpg
    pirate biker.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 575
  • fish thing-1.jpg
    fish thing-1.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 582
  • fish thing-2.jpg
    fish thing-2.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 584

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hi everyone gypsy dug this up from someware and i wonder if she going to make it a post in the comp.if so a winner ;D ;D ;D

tinpan ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• cabin boy zombie.jpg
    cabin boy zombie.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 621
  • cabin boy zombie.jpg
    cabin boy zombie.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 623

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola

I don't know how unusual it is, but folks think my Chevy Bowtie is pretty cool.

Attachments

• bowtie (WinCE).jpg
    bowtie (WinCE).jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 556

RainDog

Jun 10, 2005
middle Ga
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Discovery 1100

peace060406007.jpg

I live near Byron, Ga where they had the Byron pop festival in 1970. While I doubt this dates from then it's still cool to imagine the possabilities. It's cut from 1/4" steel plate and I found it about 8" down in my neighbors back yard with my Ace 250.
Thanks & HH
Raindog

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

Diggin, that bowtie ROCKS!!! Rather push a Chevy than drive a Ford! lol
Hey Nana, those shackles arent unusual to me, LQ put a set just like those on me years ago! LOL Very cool chains Nana, wonder how old they are? Some prety unusual stuff guys................keep em coming!

iherbie

Apr 20, 2006
Denver, CO

My most unusual find was an unopened. 24 oz. can of beer, buried in a playground. Sorry for the crappy pics, all I had was my phone's camera.

beer.jpg

playground.jpg

hole.jpg

iherbie

Apr 20, 2006
Denver, CO

Nah, it was way too dirty to drink. Plus, who knows, some little dirt child could have urinized on the can, too.

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Lol I,herbie. I found an unopened beer can once on the side of the road by our house. I smashed it open with a rock. lol

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

coolcash2004 said:
Lol I,herbie. I found an unopened beer can once on the side of the road by our house. I smashed it open with a rock. lol

And lapped up the wonderful puddle of nectar? lol ;)

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

I do not have a picture of this find as I don't have these "pictures" anymore...confused? read on...lol

I know this probably doesn't qualify for the contest but it's an interesting read anyway.

Here's the story.
I lived accross the street, on the west shore, from a lake, about 2 - 1/2 miles long and 1/2 mile wide fresh water lake. About 1 mile down it, there was an old beach that had closed and the land sold for developers to build multi million dollar houses on the land, about 7 to 10 acres. I got in there and detected as they were clearing the land. They had knocked down the dressing houses (2 -1 for men, 1 for women) but the foundations were still there. They were block foundations about 12' x 12' so I detected around them and found some great coins. Barbers, a quarter and a couple dimes, some other silver coins and wheats, and a nice walking lib half. As I was detecting I noticed something inside one of the cement blocks. I pulled out a wallet insert containing photos, but no wallet was found.

I opened it up and was shocked to see the photos were of my best childhood friends, "Brian and Martha". It was their school pictures from early elementary school from about 15 years earlier. Our families grew up together and called each others parents "Aunt" and "Uncle". It appears that my "Uncle" had lost his wallet here at some time while in the dressing house at the beach.

I did give the wallet insert and photos back to him but he couldn't remember losing a wallet. It was definitely my most unusual and surprizing find. It was fun to give it back to him and enjoyed the conversations we had that day reminising about the past.

Happy hunting!
BDoo

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Mighty AP said:
coolcash2004 said:

And lapped up the wonderful puddle of nectar? lol ;)

Lol, no Mightyap, i am only 14 years old, to young to drink. :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread