What would you do if you met your idol/hero unexpectedly?

What would you do if you met your idol/hero unexpectedly?

• I do nothing. Famous people are being harassed more than enough.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let the person know how much I admire/love what he or she does.

• Become paralyzed like a deer in headlights

• Just ask for an autograph.

• Scream like a teenager and let everyone know who this person is.

• Throw myself to his/her feet, yelling "I'm not worthy.. I'm not worthy..."

• Other......Please explain

• Total voters

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I'm your number one fan"

Attachments

• misery-kathy-bates-dvd-cover-art.jpg
    misery-kathy-bates-dvd-cover-art.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 4,356

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll kindly remind them how lucky hey are to be in my presence. Better yet, if I do talk with them, I would ask what they did for a living. Then I would say, "Good luck with that." :laughing7:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd tell them I fully understand their momentary drug and booze period.
I'd tell them I completely understand the whole fooling around on their spouse episode.
I'd tell them that I understand the rehab and jail time was a necessary part of getting their life back together.
But, I'd also warn them that if I ever caught them doing a reality TV spot I'd be done with their worthless butt! :laughing7:

Reverend B*IKE*

Jan 11, 2009
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop said:
I'd tell them I fully understand their momentary drug and booze period.
I'd tell them I completely understand the whole fooling around on their spouse episode.
I'd tell them that I understand the rehab and jail time was a necessary part of getting their life back together.
But, I'd also warn them that if I ever caught them doing a reality TV spot I'd be done with their worthless butt! :laughing7:
ditto Well said! If I may add .... But, I'd also warn them that if I ever caught them posing naked in a naughty girly magazine I'd be done with their fine looking butt!

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
The only person in my life deserving of "hero" status was my mother, and i met her quite a lot!

As for "Idol"?...Already met him...Billy Idol. He was braindead back then ('78) so God knows what he's like now! Kinda set the tone for me thinking of people with "Idol" status, lol.
The only person who could claim that status with me is probably David Bowie as he was the guy who's posters decorated my walls as a teen. Wouldn't know WTH to say to him though so i guess asking for an autograph to sell on later would have to suffice!

They don't gain "hero" or "idol" status with me, but i do like famous personalities who are not prima donna's and go out of their way to acknowledge their fanbase, and have a real "offstage" personality.
Of the current crop, Christian Slater and Johnny Depp impress me. Slater's a funny down to earth guy, and Depp has a habit of turning up at schools in London in his pirates of the caribbean mode to surprise fans whose letters he's recieved.
Saw Jon Bon Jovi help a guy propose to his girlfriend during a concert once. The guy just wrote a letter and mailed it to the fan club, probably knowing it was a waste of time. The club passed it on and Jon stopped the concert midway, found the couple in the huge crowd, asked the girl to marry the guy, then jumped down to shake his hand and give her a kiss when she said "yes".
Things like that impress me a lot, when so called "stars" go out of their way to do things that they don't have to.
I suppose there are lots who do similar things, but i haven't seen them or they don't spring to mind right now, but those types are closest to "hero/idol" i ever get.

Peachy is easy to spot in public. She has Italian blood, so she'll be the one walking backwards! (retreating) :laughing9: :tongue3:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All my heroes are dead, so I don't wanna be meeting any of them soon! 8)

Hey Dano, friend of mine used to do Bowies' lighting, for concerts, said the dude is perfectionist, but, so down to earth, a real, and real nice guy.
(not a Ziggy, like your "Idol"!) :laughing7:

Sorry, I didn't make it back to Tom Cruises' filming on the beach, I woulda got ya'll pic's from the front! LOL! :laughing7: That was weird how the Russian hottie actress, came right up to me. Coulda been my "cat call"?:icon_scratch:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be Watching I don't cut myself
as I'd Probably be looking in a Mirror
& Shaving.

Seriously though,

I Have no Hero's or idols as far as I Know.

Nobody ever burst into a burning building
& saved my life, & most Famous people
are full of themselves.

However if I were walking &
saw somone in front of me,

if it was a Man,
I'd Nod & Mouth Hi !
as I walk By.

If it was a Good looking Girl
I'd Smile, Look her directly
in the eyes & say Hi !
& Hope for at least the same,
or a Conversation started by her.
as I stay on my path.

Only difference I'd turn at some point
to watch "Her" walk

Same as I always do for everyone.

Although if I were to Idolize anyones attitude ?
his character

frank__shameless.jpg

I don't think I'll ever see "Frank"
walking down the street :laughing7:

Or

1304253919-34.jpg

OP
OP
F

Felinepeachy

Dano Sverige said:
Peachy is easy to spot in public. She has Italian blood, so she'll be the one walking backwards! (retreating) :laughing9: :tongue3:

ROFLMAO, I'm Italian not French!

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
probably drop in a faint, cuz Shakespeare & Jane Austin are dead. Live ones, I agree with Packer, I'd salute, but wouldn't give advice, they know better than me. my twin nephews went to Iraq & Afghanistan. the one went back to Afghan cuz he said the kids are so wonderful he feels he has to do more to help. so very proud of them.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Lol, that was sooooo sickly Packer mate! Did you type that with one hand on your heart? :tongue3:

Peachy sweetheart...the French surrender, it's the Italians who are known for retreating fast. Example:
Heard about the new Italian tank? ...It has 6 gears in reverse and one gear forward...in case the enemy attack from behind! :laughing9: :tongue3: :laughing9: (love ya babes :-* )

You a "shameless" fan then Jeff? lol. I come from a similar area of Manchester, where you could expect to bump into many Frank Gallagher's in the street everyday. :laughing9: (Manchester isn't ALL as bad as "shameless" portrays.)

Pat - Yeah i know Bowie's very down to earth. Very easy going and approachable (mostly) considering he's a musical superstar! Most Brit' stars are like that really. Anthony Hopkins, Emma Thompson, Helen Mirren, Sean Connery and many of the music stars. We do have Naomi Campbell though...so it's not a perfect score! lol.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano Sverige said:
You a "shameless" fan then Jeff? lol. I come from a similar area of Manchester, where you could expect to bump into many Frank Gallagher's in the street everyday. :laughing9: (Manchester isn't ALL as bad as "shameless" portrays.)

LOL I Love Shameless !
there are a couple Characters & the Scenes that
they have been in, That I don't Particularly
think I neded to see.

but then again the title is "Shameless"

Is there any subject they Havn't Tackled ? :D

I Could watch Drunk Frank Wizz on the
Electrical box 10 times in a row in Still Laugh :laughing7:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano Sverige said:
Sean Connery. We do have Naomi Campbell though...so it's not a perfect score! lol.

Sean Connery, you kidding me right? :icon_scratch:
Not unless he had a conversion or drowning, since he passed through the jet port a few years back! :icon_scratch:
N.C., ha, I have to laugh at some peoples fits and tantrums! :laughing7:
I guess, some just gotta have their days, though? :dontknow:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
How would you like to "moderate" that show Jeff? :laughing9:

They show it on TV around lunchtime here in Sweden...Lunchtime for Gods sake! :o

I watch it to give me a reason to never leave Sweden due to homesickness! :laughing9:

(He's Scottish Pat, they're easily riled, but he's generally a very nice man lol)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread