nasa space shuttle.....

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
according to what I found online it costs around 450 million per launch of the space shuttle, so with 7 astronauts on board at 50 mill per we would save around 100 mill

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are other ways to get up there... I mean come on! A cow jumped over the moon, See its a cinch :laughing9:

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffer said:
according to what I found online it costs around 450 million per launch of the space shuttle, so with 7 astronauts on board at 50 mill per we would save around 100 mill

is that based on current fuel costs? :laughing9: :laughing9:
that $100 mil could be going into the gas tank ;D

dirt doctor

Aug 31, 2006
California Bay Area
Where did the Russians get all this money that all of a sudden we are paying them to ride bitch ? To hell with the outer space joyrides that money should be put toward helping fix some problems here in the U.S. .

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dirt doctor said:
Where did the Russians get all this money that all of a sudden we are paying them to ride bitch ? To hell with the outer space joyrides that money should be put toward helping fix some problems here in the U.S. .
you be right :notworthy:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I look at it a little differently... What else is new :tongue3:

AS I see it, we had a get run with our space program and made many strides in space travel... If we want to see life on other planets, let's wait for them to visit us, it"ll save trillions in the long run. :thumbsup:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again, it was a great program when we were able to afford it, but now.. Ohh well. :tongue3:

So what did all the money we have spent in the past 50 years really gain us :dontknow:

I'll tell you :headbang:

The biggest confirmation we have to date is that the moon really isn't made from cheese :laughing9:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
They are looking at things to lower the cost of government. Lets just drop the whole program and save a bundle ! Face it, present technology will not get us very far in space anyway. Lets wait until a new form of propulsion comes along.Warp drive maybe. LOL Frank

gord

Mar 30, 2005
London, ON
spartacus53 said:
Again, it was a great program when we were able to afford it, but now.. Ohh well. :tongue3:
So what did all the money we have spent in the past 50 years really gain us :dontknow:
I'll tell you :headbang:
The biggest confirmation we have to date is that the moon really isn't made from cheese :laughing9:

Are you sure? Maybe we just haven't dug deep enough yet!

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
dirt doctor said:

:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

Sky Pilot

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Diddle Diddle The cat and the fiddle, A COW JUMPED OVER THE MOON.......

MY Solution::: We could all meet up at Truckin Butch's farm, Hop on the back of a Moo Moo dig in them spur's...........To The Moon.......To The Moon We GO! Problem Solved!!! :tongue3:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sky Pilot said:
dirt doctor said:

:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

Sky Pilot

Are people so short sided they do not realize what our space program has brought us since the start?

Look at the satellites we have launched into space. These satellites help us predict hazardous weather conditions and give us services such as television and communications. Hurricanes, Tsunamis, Cyclones, or tornados would have damaged more property and killed more people if not for our space program. Without the satellites, you wouldn't have the ease of just switching on your television set and checking if it's a good day to go detecting or watching a football game.

It has given us better ways to keep our homes warm in winter and cool in summer while paying on our power bill. It has given us better protective clothing for men and women who do the tough jobs to keep this country running. Smart fabrics that have the potential to revolutionize the clothes we wear. Our advances in solar power, batteries, power transmission systems as well as computers have all been brought on because of our space research through the years.

Does anyone think about the advances in medical research, just one example is in the mid-1960's, NASA preparing for the Apollo moon landing program, they developed the technology known as digital image processing to allow computer enhancement of Moon pictures.

Digital image processing is now being used by doctors and hospitals to record images of organs in the human body. Two of the most widely used body imaging techniques are computer-aided tomography (CATScan) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)....

I could go on and on about what the space program has brought us....What if people had said the same thing about early flight, why waste money on joy rides in the air? :icon_scratch:

Every dime we have spent in space has come back to us a 1000 times over....

My biggest disappointment with the space program is that we don't have anything set to replace the Shuttle right now and go right back into space........

dirt doctor

Aug 31, 2006
California Bay Area
Times are different now than when there used to be money here in the US for those kinds of things .Right now there are more priorities that need to be tended to , things like money being taken away from education , infrastructure repair , police and firemen being laid off and the list goes on and on . We should also stop giving money to countries who turn around and use it against us and fat cat crooked politicians , bankers and the rest of that elitist scum .

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the government needed to find some places to save money now we have one. I can not see what the big deal is to go into space. We will not live in space so save the money and help the homeless and elderly here. Put that money into Medic.....Matt

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I repeat..............

Treasure_Hunter said:
NASA preparing for the Apollo moon landing program, they developed the technology known as digital image processing to allow computer enhancement of Moon pictures.

Digital image processing is now used by doctors and hospitals to record images of organs in the human body. Two of the most widely used body imaging techniques are computer-aided tomography (CATScan) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)....

That is just one single example of a medical break through brought to us by of our space research...... How many thousands of lives do you think have been saved by this alone......................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread