Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
For me it was a storage jar a diver found off the coast of Washington.
"The stretch of coast between Tillamook Bay in Oregon and Vancouver Island, encompassing the mouth of the Columbia River and the entrance to the Strait of Juan de Fuca, has claimed since 1800 more than 2,000 vessels and perhaps as many as 1,000 lives."

The jar was recovered back maybe 50 years ago. A diver was simply traveling the bottom and suddenly came upon it. It was awesome! About 2 feet tall covered with ocean encrustation. It had a very old repair job on the bottom.

Like a dummy I sold it to a museum down south.

I sure miss that beauty in the corner of my office.

How bout you? Have you ever done the dumb thing?

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
The biggest mistake I made was to price the items in the first place. I always placed them above what I thought they were worth, or what I thought the person would pay. Sometimes I was right, but sometimes they bought them anyway. I sold several antique guns that I truly wanted to keep. I got more for them than what they were worth, so that makes it a little less painful. Also I sold a nice collection of Case knives that I didn't want to sell. Again, I did make money on them, but if I had them now, they would be worth much more. Now my rule of themb is, if I don't want to sell them, then I don't price them. Good Luck. rockhound

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20 years ago I worked in a liquor store and once my co-workers found out I was a movie buff they gave me a 1989 Marilyn Merlot for my birthday.

Fast forward to about 1999 and I'm in a frenzy selling stuff on eBay, you know, back in the days when it was the wild west and the fees weren't ridiculous. Sold that puppy for $325 and I was pretty damn proud. Well, now I see it's worth almost 10X that. :BangHead:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
regert selling....hm...nope, nothing

I just don't care about 'stuff' enough to regret getting rid of anything.

I might regret selling hubby but he hasn't sold yet so I am not sure :laughing9:

truly just thinking back there just isn't anything I ever regretted parting with at this time.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:director:

now here this...NO :laughing9:

even tho that is probably what it is worth driving off the lot.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
about 30 yrs ago I sold my coin collection. We needed the money back then and that was the only thing I had that was wourth anything. It would be wourth a lot more if I still had it. I sure I will never get what I had before. But that is life......Matt

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lonesomebob said:
I wish that I had not sold my 1931 Chrysler 4 door 70 V Brohm

My 1954 morris minor woodie... I loved that car... Rebuilt it from the ground up... all new wood.

But... at the time we needed the money ... and it did help me to buy my first farm.

I could never afford it these days

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I've pulled some really bad boners financially speaking. I don't miss them but I do miss the money.

My worst was a lake house I sold 17 years ago for $125,000. We offered the house and 3 acres to the Condo people but they said they weren't interested. About 3 years after I sold the place the Condo people changed their minds. That house jumped in value to about $500,000.

Oh well, it's only money. :BangHead:

centfladigger

Feb 6, 2008
Florida
regret selling my 71 Old`s 442 W-30 when I was younger and my 85 GMC stepside 5 years ago. I havent sold anything else of mine, I HOARD.... ;D

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
1934 $100 bill. (was in dire need and used it as $100 )
.357 Dan Wesson Magnum with 2" and 4" bbl. for $150 and
Icom 718 for $180 to help pay rent

Wish I knew how to sell my body parts.
Have some that are never used.

Grey

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mlayers said:
about 30 yrs ago I sold my coin collection. We needed the money back then and that was the only thing I had that was wourth anything. It would be wourth a lot more if I still had it. I sure I will never get what I had before. But that is life......Matt

Did the same thing....sold off all my silver finds which were plentiful back in the day. Just wonder how my collection would look today. :BangHead:

Al

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My soul... For 2 Big Macs, extra large fries and a large coke :laughing7:

I still think I got the better bargain :tongue3:

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1965 Chevy Impala SS (283) with air shocks. Fantastic condition. One of those did not what to but had to times. Still miss it and always wanted another but would not be the same.

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A 1908 Calender sample set filled with 100 victorian calenders in Mint condition I found hidden in a sealed box in a basement and my bushmaster .223.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 69 chevil's 1 57 chev. big blocks in the 69's made out but miss them

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We sold our 1931 MG C Type Monterey Midget in California 1994 as we where moving to Maine. It raced at Le Mans and won but was disquallified. We sold it for a tidy sum as they where only 7 left in the world and only 3 running one of which was ours. I could retire now for what they are asking for them now. My wife sure misses it. O! Well :'(

We also sold our 1951 Riley Sedan :( but I guess the money we got for it softened the blow. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• MegsMG.JPG
    MegsMG.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 230
  • Charlie\'sReilly.jpg
    Charlie\'sReilly.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 248
  • MegsMG.JPG
    MegsMG.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 229
  • Charlie\'sReilly.jpg
    Charlie\'sReilly.jpg