OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing I've noticed, and I really didn't plan to do it, it just sorta started happening.......I do find myself waiting to buy certain things until I'm at the store I know has the better price. Ciggs, soda, that sort of thing. Strange thing is, I really don't browse to see who's got the lowest gas prices? :icon_scratch: A type of financial Dyslexia....maybe? :dontknow: :laughing9:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not at all. By the time you get to any given gas station, the price will be raised in price as soon a you roll in :laughing7:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gas prices typically only vary by a few cents per gallon, so you aren't saving any money at all if you drive out of your way to buy the cheaper gas. You're better off doing just what you do. Save your trips to the store and buy more items on each trip.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop said:
One thing I've noticed, and I really didn't plan to do it, it just sorta started happening.......I do find myself waiting to buy certain things until I'm at the store I know has the better price. Ciggs, soda, that sort of thing. Strange thing is, I really don't browse to see who's got the lowest gas prices? :icon_scratch: A type of financial Dyslexia....maybe? :dontknow: :laughing9:

cigs and soda
geez, if you want to save money to spend on gas this is a good place to start cutting out spending :laughing9: :laughing9:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
FarmerChick said:
bigscoop said:

cigs and soda
geez, if you want to save money to spend on gas this is a good place to start cutting out spending :laughing9: :laughing9:
Yeah, I agree, but gas just tastes terrible!

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9:

yea gas gives ya gas ! :laughing7:

hey it might come down to many (and already has) that you give up other things to eat and drive to work and pay the mortgage.

if you are worrying gas is to expensive to hit the store for cigs and soda, you aren't in a bind 'just yet' --you can handle the rising cost of gas I would think :icon_scratch:

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's it been scoop, 3 or 4 times trying to keep this on topic? Hang in there! :wink:

It won't affect me too much since I've been keeping it steadily between 2500-3000 miles per year. Living within a mile from work helps. My insurance company even offers a discount if I keep the mileage down.

Where I'll feel it, as most already do thanks to inflation, is at the grocery store.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geezzz...... :laughing9: never said I drive around town looking for the cheapest gas prices, "I don't", or that I couldn't handle it. :laughing9: Just brought up something I noticed about my recent, subconscious habits in light of all the economic distresses in the country. :laughing9: :icon_scratch:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ah, just funning. no harm in funning.

I drive up to the corner store for cigs also :laughing9:

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Today an article in our local paper said that most states are now considering raising the taxes on gas in their states bacause of the loss of revenue due to people buying less gas. They claim they need the extra tax money for road repair and to keep all the DOT programs funded. As we buy less gas, the more expensive it will become because of the taxes. It is a catch 22 situation, on one hand we are trying to save fuel, and on the other, states are losing revenue and are forced to raise taxes to make up for the lost tax revenue. This will surely drive the cost per gallon price up regardless of whether other situations are factored in. Whether we drive more or drive less, it seems that the cost in the end may be about the same. Good Luck. rochound

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
rockhound said:
Today an article in our local paper said that most states are now considering raising the taxes on gas in their states bacause of the loss of revenue due to people buying less gas. They claim they need the extra tax money for road repair and to keep all the DOT programs funded. As we buy less gas, the more expensive it will become because of the taxes. It is a catch 22 situation, on one hand we are trying to save fuel, and on the other, states are losing revenue and are forced to raise taxes to make up for the lost tax revenue. This will surely drive the cost per gallon price up regardless of whether other situations are factored in. Whether we drive more or drive less, it seems that the cost in the end may be about the same. Good Luck. rochound
Ask your politicians where the previous state and federal fuel tax revenues have gone . The
thousands of dollars I paid in got siphoned off for bike paths , tennis courts , and other liberal 'feelgood' projects . They wasted all that money and now want us to pony up more because they neglected to maintain our infrastructure and it's falling apart .

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
rockhound said:
Ask your politicians where the previous state and federal fuel tax revenues have gone . The
thousands of dollars I paid in got siphoned off for bike paths , tennis courts , and other liberal 'feelgood' projects . They wasted all that money and now want us to pony up more because they neglected to maintain our infrastructure and it's falling apart .

Absolutely the truth, They have been siphoning funds from the start, knowing that if they say they need money to repair roads most will allow it. And then using the money for anything else. Look into it. If all of that tax was put towards what it was intended for we would have "yellow brick roads".

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Dave44 said:
truckinbutch said:
rockhound said:

Absolutely the truth, They have been siphoning funds from the start, knowing that if they say they need money to repair roads most will allow it. And then using the money for anything else. Look into it. If all of that tax was put towards what it was intended for we would have "yellow brick roads".
Google RAILS TO TRAILS project in WV . Be prepared to not puke on your keyboard when you see where our tax dollars went . :'(

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch Google RAILS TO TRAILS project in WV . Be prepared to not puke on your keyboard when you see where our tax dollars went . :'( [/quote said:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heard, 'HEARD' they are getting ready to spend another pile? The Granville town center, Supposedly is getting it's own interstate Exit? They are building a new baseball Complex for WVU!!! :dontknow:

That will be 3 exits within about 1mile!

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
poorhunter78 said:
truckinbutch Google RAILS TO TRAILS project in WV . Be prepared to not puke on your keyboard when you see where our tax dollars went . :'( [/quote said:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heard, 'HEARD' they are getting ready to spend another pile? The Granville town center, Supposedly is getting it's own interstate Exit? They are building a new baseball Complex for WVU!!! :dontknow:

BRACE YURSELF , ETHEL ! There ain't gonna be no foreplay or vasoline :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
poorhunter78 said:

BRACE YURSELF , ETHEL ! There ain't gonna be no foreplay or vasoline :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

Yep. Despite 8 years of bashing one president for it they all say there is nothing we can do about the rising prices. The market is dictating it,, we are drilling as fast as we can so we know it won't help! Except if we really did it would be 10 or a hundred years before it helped anyway so why try?

The excuses are getting very shrill. We have heard them for 30 some years, If we had started then instead of putting on another sweater we would be in much better shape now. But that is not really the end result some are trying to achieve is it?
If we look at this disinformation objectively, should we get ready for subjugation?

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Dave44 said:
truckinbutch said:
poorhunter78 said:

Yep. Despite 8 years of bashing one president for it they all say there is nothing we can do about the rising prices. The market is dictating it,, we are drilling as fast as we can so we know it won't help! Except if we really did it would be 10 or a hundred years before it helped anyway so why try?

The excuses are getting very shrill. We have heard them for 30 some years, If we had started then instead of putting on another sweater we would be in much better shape now. But that is not really the end result some are trying to achieve is it?
If we look at this disinformation objectively, should we get ready for subjugation?
Subjugation ? NO ! Final battle ? Mebbie ..........................

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bikers are here in full force. Spring breakers are here in full force. All the rooms are rented. Beaches are as busy as ever. :dontknow:

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
arcades with pin ball machines not sure how i post this here but it was to be on the do ya rember thread

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread