doomsday preppers

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I can't answer why the spider hole was in the middle of the road, I guess to each his own, when choosing a satisfactory place to dig a spider hole. We have survived many wars and disasters since our nations formation, and we will again, but there is always one thing or another that brings down a nation after so many gnerations. All advanced civilizations have been reduced to a smaller population from either wars, famine, drought, disease, or natural disasters. Our nation will one day come to that point, as well as all the other civilized nations on the earth. No one knows when that will happen, but many think we are close to that point. They don't know what will happen, or when, but they wan't to try to be prepared for whatever comes. Some things you can't prepare for, but you can stock up on food and water. FEMA says to have at least 3 months supply of food and water on hand in case of an emergency,????. Good Luck. rockhound

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, putting that spider hole in the middle of the road or trail wasn't a very smart move.  And his plan to patrol his property isn't very bright either, it exposes him way too much.  It's just another of those "for ratings only" tv shows. Some of these people actually think it would be safe to open their doors to strangers to offer them "some" of their food and water. Yeah, right!!

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
This country survived after declaring independence from one of the most powerful countries on the planet.
This country survived two world wars and multiple conflicts
this country survived the Great Depression
why would anybody believe it would not survive future catastrophe disaster. Seems like were pretty residual with society

You have to remember that there were only 2 wars fought in the U.S.A., 1812 and the civil war, you cant count the revolution,no independence until the war ended. The U.S. is a very young country compared to england ,france,spain, etc. England became a country in 900AD,since that time England has also had 5 civil wars to bring them where they are now. Those who do not believe that a dictatorship could seize power here or another civil war could not happen here in this country at any given time are so sadly mistaken in that belief that nothing could happen here that i'm not even going to go there. Times change but history doesnt , history can only repeat itself in a none ending circle and those who choose to ignore the signs are doomed.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Some things you can't prepare for, but you can stock up on food and water. FEMA says to have at least 3 months supply of food and water on hand in case of an emergency,
huh.gif
?. Good Luck. rockhound

Rockhound you are better off listening to your gut instincts, the last thing i listen to is what any alphabet agency says to do. Fema says to stock 3 months supply of food, now if you stock that 3 months food supply D.H.S. says you are under suspicion of being a domestic terrorist. A screwed if you do and screwed if you dont situation wouldnt you say.

mcscs

Apr 12, 2010
fla
I can't answer why the spider hole was in the middle of the road, I guess to each his own, when choosing a satisfactory place to dig a spider hole. We have survived many wars and disasters since our nations formation, and we will again, but there is always one thing or another that brings down a nation after so many gnerations. All advanced civilizations have been reduced to a smaller population from either wars, famine, drought, disease, or natural disasters. Our nation will one day come to that point, as well as all the other civilized nations on the earth. No one knows when that will happen, but many think we are close to that point. They don't know what will happen, or when, but they wan't to try to be prepared for whatever comes. Some things you can't prepare for, but you can stock up on food and water. FEMA says to have at least 3 months supply of food and water on hand in case of an emergency,????. Good Luck. rockhound

some good pointsrockhound ,Red James cash I guess I was just trying to think happy thoughts.
You're right everything has to come to an end at some time.

Last edited:

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I am not saying anything about doomsday, but there are many disasters that can and do happen. This is why FEMA says 3 months supply of food and water. Had the people had this when Katrina hit, many would not have persihed. With the changing weather patterns and our suns overactive solar flares, our planet will continue to experience disasters of all kinds. The suns activity is directly responsible for many of our disasters and NASA scientists say it will become more active for the next 2 years. Expect many more hurricanes, tornados and drought conditions, and floods in other places. All things in the universe travel in cycles, and the sun is in one now we have not seen in modern history. I am not buying the fact that we are doomed, but we may be in for a bumpy ride. Hopefull a detrimental EMP will not hit us. Good Luck. rockhound

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of these people actually think it would be safe to open their doors to strangers to offer them "some" of their food and water.

Good to see I'm not the Only one who thinks that way !

I don't watch shows that try to Feed Paranoia,

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Are we getting a little off the track from metal detecting? What are you talking about Willis? Fukushima? {Japan}?

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Pure rubbish of a show.

mcscs

Apr 12, 2010
fla
Are we getting a little off the track from metal detecting? What are you talking about Willis? Fukushima? {Japan}?

Not at all you'll need your metal detector to find all those caches of canned food, ammunition, and bullets :metaldetector:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boris, every thread on this site is not about metal detecting. There are some sections that are just open discussion about whatever you want to chat about. This thread is under "Everything Else" with a title of "Doomsday Preppers". Talking about metal detecting that didn't involve "Doomsday Prepping" is what would be considered "Off topic". Welcome to T-Net and I'm sure you will enjoy it here. It's sort of a social media for people of like interests. If you just want to discuss or read about topics that pertain to metal detecting then you will want to choose threads that aren't under titles such as "Everything Else" etc.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
This is why FEMA says 3 months supply of food and water. Had the people had this when Katrina hit, many would not have persihed

I hate to say this Rockhound but if the people had food stock piles following katrina the situation could of been made worse. Peoples firearms were confiscated in the aftermath, all it takes is hungry people to know that somebody has something they dont,food, and all hell would of broken loose. Common knowledge about the gun confiscations and pointing fingers at known stock pilers (defenseless ones at that) is all it would of taken.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread