POLL: How Many Plan To Vote in the November Presidential Election?

Do you plan to vote this November?

• YES

Votes: 26 96.3%
  • NO

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
MB, I disagree on the point of not voting. IMO there is never a reason to not voting, there is always a choice, may not always be our favorite choice, but still a choice and even though we like neither candidates there are platforms, issues, fundamentals that each side represents...

I always remember our ancestors gave their blood and many their lives just to give us the right to vote at all, for me, to not vote dishonors their sacrifices...Just my opinion....

Please remember no political bashing of either party or candidate.... (politics)

Yes, very good point.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
So . . . If we can't bash either, does that mean we can't bash both or all? Really don't like either choice . . . and using the word "Choice" is a REAL stretch!

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You people are funny.... You actually think your vote matters. It's all decided long before it goes to the voting booths.

However I do still vote just to make myself feel like I spoke up and voted for the person that I think should be in office.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
You people are funny.... You actually think your vote matters. It's all decided long before it goes to the voting booths.

However I do still vote just to make myself feel like I spoke up and voted for the person that I think should be in office.

I think a better percentage of voters are beginning to believe this but it's human nature to ignore the obvious. It's kinda like some guy wanting to paint the Titanic while it was sinking. But for those of us who are enlightened, you're correct. But as you probably know, most people don't receive the truth well at all. So we play along with them and watch the poor sucker paint.

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think a better percentage of voters are beginning to believe this but it's human nature to ignore the obvious. It's kinda like some guy wanting to paint the Titanic while it was sinking. But for those of us who are enlightened, you're correct. But as you probably know, most people don't receive the truth well at all. So we play along with them and watch the poor sucker paint.

Well you could always move to a country where you can't vote and remove all doubt.

I also find it odd that over 200 found it interesting enough to open the thread but only 13 bothered to vote.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same people have been on thread multiple times and that throws off the total visits Vs votes

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Well you could always move to a country where you can't vote and remove all doubt.

We might just get there sooner than you think.

But by posting non-conventional opinions (like my reply to the person who started it) maybe some people will get more interested in what's going on and at least investigate. You know that's how this country began in the first place. I hope I'm wrong but from what I'm seeing I'm afraid I'm correct. But the full affects are not felt yet so we still have it better here than most others in the world.

I had to laugh at your post because during a veteran's event in Washington D.C. years ago I carried a sign that read: "America, Love It or Leave It!" Just because one posts concerns about how things are going TODAY doesn't mean one is anti-American (not stated but implied).

DeerStalker

May 11, 2012
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my 2 cents. (No, they're not wheaties) For what it's worth, I will vote. I just feel, in my humble opinion, that this nation of around 300 million people, should have more choices than just the main two parties. I have views that concur with both parties, but when my view differs from one party or the other, it's not a small difference, it's usually a BIG difference. If I vote for one party that means I am voting against other issues I agree with. I truly believe that our country needs to seriously consider 3,4, or even 5 main political parties. Then we would truly have a choice and a voice in how this country will run. But with the Dems and Reps being our only two choices...well...we get what we get. (Just my opinion)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vote Early

vote Often

Vote for Me

Jesse Jane can be my running mate

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
change quote

I vote as an independant,for me it means vote for whoever takes care of the working class people.Just 2 my cents.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please remember to keep political comments out of thread.......

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is my 2 cents. (No, they're not wheaties) For what it's worth, I will vote. I just feel, in my humble opinion, that this nation of around 300 million people, should have more choices than just the main two parties. I have views that concur with both parties, but when my view differs from one party or the other, it's not a small difference, it's usually a BIG difference. If I vote for one party that means I am voting against other issues I agree with. I truly believe that our country needs to seriously consider 3,4, or even 5 main political parties. Then we would truly have a choice and a voice in how this country will run. But with the Dems and Reps being our only two choices...well...we get what we get. (Just my opinion)

The more choices the more difficult to control the desired outcome. We need to see people jump party ship and start thinking more about the facts such as past voting records, real issues, ethics, and general consistency. It cracks me up how most politicians never answer questions and the media just lets them slip by. And the people say: "Now that was a great speech!" I'd like to see a television presentation where each candidate is asked specific questions and if he or she tries the old "snow job" a loud horn would blast and they'd be cut off. At the end of the show the score would be read to the public. For the losers we'd hear: This candidate has no agenda or comprehension of the desired office.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The more choices the more difficult to control the desired outcome. We need to see people jump party ship and start thinking more about the facts such as past voting records, real issues, ethics, and general consistency. It cracks me up how most politicians never answer questions and the media just lets them slip by. And the people say: "Now that was a great speech!" I'd like to see a television presentation where each candidate is asked specific questions and if he or she tries the old "snow job" a loud horn would blast and they'd be cut off. At the end of the show the score would be read to the public. For the losers we'd hear: This candidate has no agenda or comprehension of the desired office.

Gong Show

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do we really want leaders who won with 36% of vote?

DeerStalker

May 11, 2012
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that when they are doing the debates, both candidates should be hooked up to a lie detector that shocks the heck out of them every time they answer a question with a lie. But then again, I think most politicians are full of it anyway.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Vote Early

vote Often

Vote for Me

Jesse Jane can be my running mate

I like your post, Jeff, but I fear it's crossing the line and becoming political. :occasion18:But then what would I know being the classic "old fart" who drinks too much and chases wild women.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like your post, Jeff, but I fear it's crossing the line and becoming political. :occasion18:But then what would I know being the classic "old fart" who drinks too much and chases wild women.

Political ? :icon_scratch: not really.
.the
crates of Cigars I order wouldn't be Cubans.
just Nickel Swisher Sweets

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Political ? :icon_scratch: not really.
.the
crates of Cigars I order wouldn't be Cubans.
just Nickel Swisher Sweets

Oh you had and go and mention cigars. I loved them but ma says no. I even dream of being out on our boat all alone smoking a Montecristo No. 2. Nobody to nag and throw a guilt trip on me. Just puffing away and painting while watching a friend or two swim.

Wake up!

Ah da things dreams are made of.

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody can say you don't have good taste in cigars. :-D

I think an advantage to multiple parties would possibly be an end or at least a reduction in the political logjam we are experiencing today. The strict adherence to the party line has to stop. Nothing gets done. And we still pay these yahoos. If a guy wins with 36% of th vote and still has leadership ability so be it. Hard decisions aren't always popular.

And I know posters have multiple visits to the thread but the voting is still around 5%.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread