HIDDEN TAXES****

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
OK Forget about income tax. What are the OTHER taxes. Let's see how many we can find
I will start with a few and you can add on.
Sales tax applied by the state
Title transfer tax
vehicle tag tax
federal excise tax at the manufacturer and hidden in the price, like tire cost
Fuel tax, both fed & state
Land transfer tax
Cigarette tax
Beer, wine, liquar tax
Just add your own pet peave tax
Think about it, It has been estimated that 75% of your money goes to taxes!!!

hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uhh, by the way, none of those taxes are hidden :laughing7:

You're just looking for a list of taxes and they go on and on, like the Energizer Bunny :laughing9:

A hidden tax would be a VAT

You want the most taxed item :dontknow: Then look no further than your phone bill :laughing7:

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Certainly not hidden, but just the same a tax ... ESTATE TAX !! It just keeps on taking and taking generation after generation.

Note to self: last check to pay income taxes just before dying should come back stamped insufficient funds.

Merlin

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet app

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Jeffro said:
I'm surprised no one has said Obamacare yet :icon_scratch:

That little bomb will hit us after the election. January 2013. A slew of taxes await us. For me, the 3.8% real estate sales tax will eat my stomach lining. We are selling the house and land but can't get it done before January.

Taxation is not a new concept but it sure is being honed to an art designed to make working for a living feel more like entrapment than a way to comfort and security.

While doing some genealogical research on my ancestors, I stumbled on a mention of a "clock tax". Puzzling reference, but I will research it more to see what that was all about. Did they (the government) tax people on the number of clocks owned or maybe the size of their clocks?

I know ... I know ... I checked the spelling, it IS clocks.

Merlin

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Spart, the federal excise hand print-2_edited-5.jpg tax on tires is at the manufacterur level and not shown at retail, in fact you pay tax on that tax when you buy tires.
There is also a disposal tax on vechicle shop repairs and a disposal tax on tires, even if you keep the old ones!
I almost forgot, Property tax. When I bought the 53 ac farm some 40 years ago, it was $300. Now I am down to 6ac and the tax is over $3000. Hay how about the dog tag tax!

Motorhead

Banned
Aug 1, 2012
DuBois, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real Estate Transfer tax on the sale of Real Estate
Property tax (Real Estate) to local, school district and County
Personal property tax on cars, boats, airplanes in States such as Connecticut
Tax on telecommunications, electricity and natural gas/home heating fuel
Tax on gambling winnings
Gift Tax
Social Security/self employment tax 15%
State and Local Sales Tax....Allegheny County 1% in Pennsylvania
Alcoholic Beverage tax imposed upon bars/restaurants in some counties
Amusement tax at parks, swimming pools etc....
Unemployment tax for employers
State Sales Tax
Fuel Tax
Road Use tax on Truckers
Turnpike tolls
Federal Excise Tax
Cigarette Tax
Alcohol Tax
Professional Licenses and Registrations on Nurses, Doctors, CPA's, Contractors etc...
Local, State and Federal Income Tax
Capital Gains Tax
Inheritance Tax

I'm sure I missed at least 50 other ones!

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Medical device manufacturing tax (this is a 2.5% tax that will be imposed on companies that make things like Pacemakers, TENS units, prosthetic limbs, etc.).

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn, you best read up on VAT taxes :laughing7:

There are literally 100's of taxes on the books. The Beatles said it best...

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't buy anything.
don't own anything.
quit and never work again.

you don't have to pay any taxes then

yea we are taxed to death. only way to keep the country alive now. no way out of this nightmare except to quit society as you know it.

free dispersed camping in a little tent anywhere in the USA. food from the dumpster or hand outs. county hospitals and bills you won't ever have to pay.
hey we can all get out of paying any taxes ever, but you have to want to live that way LOL LOL

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Hay Spart, did BO hear that song? hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
FarmerChick said:
don't buy anything.
don't own anything.
quit and never work again.

you don't have to pay any taxes then

yea we are taxed to death. only way to keep the country alive now. no way out of this nightmare except to quit society as you know it.

free dispersed camping in a little tent anywhere in the USA. food from the dumpster or hand outs. county hospitals and bills you won't ever have to pay.
hey we can all get out of paying any taxes ever, but you have to want to live that way LOL LOL

Yep, it is a death spiral. Everybody out here in taxpayerland knows it and we are knee deep in political promises to make things better. Matter of fact I think I just had to wipe off some political promises on the foot scraper coming back from a walk in the pasture.

Your tent idea has merit. I have mine on wheels.

Merlin

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry they will change the words and call them FEE"s. remember the great words from the guy from Nevada Tax's are voluntary in this country (So whats the big deal??)

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well there is another way to handle all of these taxes.....

Next time you make a purchase, just question the tax.. Then say, no thanks, I gave at the office :laughing9:

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
onfire said:
Don't worry they will change the words and call them FEE"s. remember the great words from the guy from Nevada Tax's are voluntary in this country (So whats the big deal??)

Appears that is the new spin definition of choice now. If that does not sound benign enough they may rephrase to something like "necessary contribution".

Parsing and wording ... gag, choke. All feels the same as a TAX when bent over a barrel.

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Chadeaux said:
Then when the unemployed person gets his UI check, they also charge "income tax" on the taxes he is being paid with . . .

That is actually a general "non-income" tax. Same effect as a "gift tax" or tax on "unearned income" which is similar to tax on "misc non-earned" income. Same rectal results however.

What future tax ideas will be dreamed up? Just when you think everything walking crawling and flying is taxed ... a new idea pops up. How about a rebirth of the old personal property tax? Many states had it (maybe some still do). If the Feds get bold enough the PPT could hit assets in savings accounts, retirement funds, on and on.

Think about it ... paying taxes every year on money that you have already paid taxes on to put into savings!

Then there could be the tax on bank transactions (OK ... federal monetary transfer fee). Result: every time you put money into or take money out of ANY account, you will pay a 1% tax. It has been proposed but the "idea" is being quietly put on hold for now. Elections and all that stuff right now necessitate going light on pushing for more tax (except on the evil rich people). Hooyah, what a wonderful thought. No more rich people, just everyone poor like me. <lol>

I'm not a money-in-the-mattress fool, but my resistance to that idea is weakening.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a tent is taxed once when buying it....my 5th wheel is taxed like crazy every single year. sucks :)

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
FarmerChick said:
a tent is taxed once when buying it....my 5th wheel is taxed like crazy every single year. sucks :)

Would that be a personal property tax on recreational vehicles? Sort of puts a wet blanket on the fun of RVing doesn't it? I presume that PPT covers boats, aircraft, farm machinery, motorized toys, back yard swimming pools, solar panels, wind mills, etc.?

Are groceries taxed in your state? Not in Ohio, but we were sort of perplexed when traveling around the country last winter to be taxed on groceries in some states, as well as taxed on carry-out fast food. Some states tax on "eat in" and not on "carry out". I got the hang of telling the fast food cashier that the order is "carry out" so we would not be taxed, then we could still sit inside and eat if we cared to. Probably a crime punishable by five years hard time, but what the heck, the stay has free food.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread