The real history that you were never taught in school Part 1 World war 1

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
The real history that you were never taught in school.

Part 1
World War 1
Dont worry folks no technical terms,I'll just be straight and to the point.
I am sure that a lot of folks here were taught about the great conflict of WW1 in school.I'm sure that you think that the information you were given was accurate,complete and right on the money.But,I am sorry to say that everybody who sat in a class room was handed complete misinformation,falsehoods and lies.Shocking isnt it.We all know that the victors of any conflict writes the history of the said conflict.But,what is written isnt necessarily the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.Most likely, everybody was taught that Germany was the aggressor.That statement can be and is a lie.In fact England was the true aggressor.The real cause of WW1 was economic rivalry

In the early 1900s the leaders of England started worrying about the growing might of Germanys merchant fleets and navy.England was worried that soon Germanys economic growth would soon rival there own when it came to foreign trade and economic power.England was bound and determined to put a stop to it at any cost,they just needed and excuse and were looking for one to declare war on Germany.In 1907 Arthur Balfour,Englands prime minister from 1902 to 1905 told an American diplomat"We are probably fools not to find a reason to declare war on Germany before she builds to many ships and takes away our trade.That excuse came when Austrias Archduke Ferdinand and his wife were assassinated in Sarajevo in June of 1914.Germany covertly supported Austria but Serbia was backed by Russia.After a month of intense negotiations Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia,and Russia mobilized.Germany attempted to get Russia to restrict its troops to the Austria-Hungary border but Russia refused.
Accordingly,Germany had no choice but to declare war on Russia August 1 1914.Within days Britain,France and Russia were at war with Germany and Austria - Hungary

Part 2 to follow soon, The truth about Christopher Columbus,was he a hero for finding a new world or was he in reality a murderous genocidal maniac.

K

Kentucky Kache

Part 2 to follow soon, The truth about Christopher Columbus,was he a hero for finding a new world or was he in reality a murderous genocidal maniac.

A murderous genocidal maniac. And if we were not censured here, I would explain why.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You'll all soon find out the truth,I plan on either posting it this saturday or sunday.Its quite a surprise.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
So..what you're saying is sort of like...An American guy comes around the corner and sees a Russian and a German knocking the crap out of each other. The American jumps in on the Russians side because he's always hated sauerkraut. When the cops arrive everyone blames the American as the aggressor!

Lol, come on gimme a break! :P

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
So..what you're saying is sort of like...An American guy comes around the corner and sees a Russian and a German knocking the crap out of each other. The American jumps in on the Russians side because he's always hated sauerkraut. When the cops arrive everyone blames the American as the aggressor!

That part almost sounds like you really do get it . . . then you had to go and prove you're lost.

Lol, come on gimme a break! :P

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
No hard feelings Dano,It wasnt aimed at you or anybody else here.History speaks for itself as well as the truth.If you were taught differently in school about it you were flimflammed into believing lies.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chain of events that started the Great War.....

Austria-Hungary's reaction to the death of their heir (who was in any case not greatly beloved by the Emperor, Franz Josef, or his government) was three weeks in coming. Arguing that the Serbian government was implicated in the machinations of the Black Hand (whether she was or not remains unclear, but it appears unlikely), the Austro-Hungarians opted to take the opportunity to stamp its authority upon the Serbians, crushing the nationalist movement there and cementing Austria-Hungary's influence in the Balkans.

It did so by issuing an ultimatum to Serbia which, in the extent of its demand that the assassins be brought to justice effectively nullified Serbia's sovereignty. Sir Edward Grey, the British Foreign Secretary, was moved to comment that he had "never before seen one State address to another independent State a document of so formidable a character."

Austria-Hungary's expectation was that Serbia would reject the remarkably severe terms of the ultimatum, thereby giving her a pretext for launching a limited war against Serbia.

However, Serbia had long had Slavic ties with Russia, an altogether different proposition for Austria-Hungary. Whilst not really expecting that Russia would be drawn into the dispute to any great extent other than through words of diplomatic protest, the Austro-Hungarian government sought assurances from her ally, Germany, that she would come to her aid should the unthinkable happen and Russia declared war on Austria-Hungary.
Germany readily agreed, even encouraged Austria-Hungary's warlike stance.

Austria-Hungary, unsatisfied with Serbia's response to her ultimatum (which in the event was almost entirely placatory: however her jibbing over a couple of minor clauses gave Austria-Hungary her sought-after cue) declared war on Serbia on 28 July 1914.
Russia, bound by treaty to Serbia, announced mobilisation of its vast army in her defence, a slow process that would take around six weeks to complete.
Germany, allied to Austria-Hungary by treaty, viewed the Russian mobilisation as an act of war against Austria-Hungary, and after scant warning declared war on Russia on 1 August.
France, bound by treaty to Russia, found itself at war against Germany and, by extension, on Austria-Hungary following a German declaration on 3 August. Germany was swift in invading neutral Belgium so as to reach Paris by the shortest possible route.
Britain, allied to France by a more loosely worded treaty which placed a "moral obligation" upon her to defend France, declared war against Germany on 4 August. Her reason for entering the conflict lay in another direction: she was obligated to defend neutral Belgium by the terms of a 75-year old treaty. With Germany's invasion of Belgium on 4 August, and the Belgian King's appeal to Britain for assistance, Britain committed herself to Belgium's defence later that day. Like France, she was by extension also at war with Austria-Hungary.
With Britain's entry into the war, her colonies and dominions abroad variously offered military and financial assistance, and included Australia, Canada, India, New Zealand and the Union of South Africa.
United States President Woodrow Wilson declared a U.S. policy of absolute neutrality, an official stance that would last until 1917 when Germany's policy of unrestricted submarine warfare - which seriously threatened America's commercial shipping (which was in any event almost entirely directed towards the Allies led by Britain and France) - forced the U.S. to finally enter the war on 6 April 1917.
Japan, honouring a military agreement with Britain, declared war on Germany on 23 August 1914. Two days later Austria-Hungary responded by declaring war on Japan.
Italy, although allied to both Germany and Austria-Hungary, was able to avoid entering the fray by citing a clause enabling it to evade its obligations to both. In short, Italy was committed to defend Germany and Austria-Hungary only in the event of a 'defensive' war; arguing that their actions were 'offensive' she declared instead a policy of neutrality. The following year, in May 1915, she finally joined the conflict by siding with the Allies against her two former allies.

-------------------------------------------
you can't say England was the true agressor. WHAT SHOULD have been a very short conflict with Austria/Hungary and Serbia snowballed very rapidly.
It was an excuse needed by many countries. Treaties and alliances played a huge effect of how this was proceeding.
Obviously economic rivalry and ALOT more was thrown into the mix. But to say that was the sole reason just isn't right.
The inside/covered/covert chain of events is what it is and you can't say England is to blame for WW1 that I can see. I believe you can not even think of putting the 'blame' on one country or one situation to start WW1. It is never ever that simple when world powers are backstabbing/playing the games of economic and world control.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The real history that you were never taught in school.

Part 1
World War 1
Most likely, everybody was taught that Germany was the aggressor.That statement can be and is a lie.In fact England was the true aggressor.The real cause of WW1 was economic rivalry.

YOU ASSUME everyone was taught a lie? I wasn't. When we studied WW1 I was taught about the true chain of events that leads into a global war.
Sure Germany comes off bad because they were super aggressive in the actual war. Sure they killed millions of innocents. (yea I would think they kinda would go to the top of the chain in aggression in this war).

what was this point I missed?

you said England was the agressor. She wasn't. She had her play in it as all other countries did. You can not pinpoint one country to take the blame for the war.

or does this have nothing to do with the war and everything to do about what is being taught in school?

And I can say I wasn't taught that Germany started the war.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
See thats the whole problem,youre repeating what you were taught.Germany had no choice but to stand behind their allies.If you dont you tend not to have any.England and France declared war first on Germany not the other way around.Germany had two choices,defensive or offensive.They choose offensive.They attacked first,hence one reason they were seen as the aggressor.England wanted Germanys merchant destroyed,France wanted their land back taken during the Franco Prussian war.America was NOT neutral as,shipping arms and ammo to the enemy is not a good basis to claim ones neutrality,Germany knew this.Which is why Germany declared unrestricted submarine warfare,which is why the Lusitania was torpedoed and sunk.Because she was stuffed to the gills with arms.And who were these millions of innocents that were supposedly killed.Must be the same millions of innocents that the allies killed.Nobodies hands are clean in war.I may copy and paste some articles,but i do not copy and paste anything that I write in these posts.The main reason for the war was economic rivalry.Money which is the basis for all modern wars.

Smithbrown

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
I was under the impression that Britain declared war on Germany after Germany invaded neutral Belgium

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smithbrown, We are being taught differently here :laughing7:

Forget the fact that Germany first declared war on Russia, then soon afterward declared war on France.. Not the other way around. According to our lesson here, the person that throws the first punch is not the aggressor :tongue3:

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Forget the fact that Germany first declared war on Russia, then soon afterward declared war on France.. Not the other way around. According to our lesson here, the person that throws the first punch is not the aggressor

Your statement is wrong spart.Yes Germany delclared war on Russia,they had to to back allies.It was the other way around with England and France.Forget what you were taught in school because it never happened that way.Dont bother looking online or in text history books because you most likely wont find it.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well someone better tell France that too :laughing9:

I guess all the facts are in the book you wrote :laughing9:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your statement is wrong spart.Yes Germany delclared war on Russia,they had to to back allies.--well the others then backed their allies and alliances. France was bound to Russia who was declared war on by Germany. So sure France steps in...and so on down the line. It was the other way around with England and France.Forget what you were taught in school because it never happened that way.Dont bother looking online or in text history books because you most likely wont find it.

Post your sources. Simple as that.

won't find it in a history book. or any book. of course they declared war on Germany. Germany declared on Russia pretty darn fast!

didn't you read the chain of events. Once someone starts declaring war on anyone, the alliances and treaties come into play. It snowballs.

Your whole point on this WW1 is useless. Fantasy not facts.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Your whole point on this WW1 is useless. Fantasy not facts.

If the information I have is useless and a fantasy to you then why are you in here arguing with me:laughing9:LMAO

Smithbrown

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
You could start with a few dates- when did Germany invade neutral Belgium? When did Britain declare war on Germany?

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the information I have is useless and a fantasy to you then why are you in here arguing with me:laughing9:LMAO

:hello2: I argue useless posted drivel about real history. You post it as fact, when you can't prove it. Show me those sources.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could start with a few dates- when did Germany invade neutral Belgium? When did Britain declare war on Germany?

Armies under German generals Alexander von Kluck and Karl von Bülow attacked Belgium on the 4 August 1914.

Britian declared war on Germany on the same day. Her reason for entering the conflict lay in another direction: she was obligated to defend neutral Belgium by the terms of a 75-year old treaty. With Germany's invasion of Belgium on 4 August, and the Belgian King's appeal to Britain for assistance, Britain committed herself to Belgium's defence later that day. Like France, she was by extension also at war with Austria-Hungary.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions