Gun Ownership

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will thread open for moment, but it is next to impossible to discuss gun control without it turning political.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting "viewpoint".....but for every one of these there is also an opposite view/summary. It is a debate that will never end because two strongly opposing forces will continue to forever present "their case" on the subject. Like everything else, sooner or later the issue will be forced upon everyone because everyone keeps refusing to meet somewhere in the middle. Then, both parties will point the finger of blame at everyone but themselves. :icon_thumleft:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This guy didn't even have the right to bear arms and look at what happened. This happened in my part of the state just recently. Had laws been obeyed, this would not have happened. Sure, if there was no such thing as a gun, it wouldn't have happened either. This guy should have spent more time for his first crimes and maybe he would have learned something. If he beats his spouse up again, what are you going to do, cut his hands off?? That WOULD work.
http://www.redding.com/news/2012/nov/14/burney-father-pleads-not-guilty-to-child-abuse/

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting "viewpoint".....but for every one of these there is also an opposite view/summary. It is a debate that will never end because two strongly opposing forces will continue to forever present "their case" on the subject. Like everything else, sooner or later the issue will be forced upon everyone because everyone keeps refusing to meet somewhere in the middle. Then, both parties will point the finger of blame at everyone but themselves. :icon_thumleft:

I am perfectly OK with you not having a gun.....just dont take away my right/want/ability to have one

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Forget the gun. This is an issue where one side uses a product and the other side sees a simple solution to the people that abuse the product, just ban it. What they aren't taking into consideration is the the abusers don't obey the law anyway so in effect they would just be banning it from the responsible users. Think of it this way. What happened when they banned beer. Now you can see the fallacy of this thinking. Frank

Attachments

• Eagle 1   700.jpg
    Eagle 1 700.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 95

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am perfectly OK with you not having a gun.....just dont take away my right/want/ability to have one

I am a gun owner and a gun enthusiast. I'm just a gun owner who can clearly see both sides of the issue without bias or fear. :icon_thumleft:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
My views have been stated before . Rather than post redundant rhetoric , I think I'll just clean my guns .

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!

RUNNIN' WITH THE PACK!

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I am a gun owner and a gun enthusiast. I'm just a gun owner who can clearly see both sides of the issue without bias or fear. :icon_thumleft:

Don't make a misstep . . . that fence you're straddling isn't very wide, and we wouldn't want you to become a soprano.

Just kidding, it takes a big man to see an issue from both sides.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as usual one side of the fence posted. We own alot of guns. We own alot of ammo. But gun control needs to be tighter. AND NO the basic person won't lose their priviledge to own a gun. Just tighter measures need to happen because like BigScoop said before, there are millions of idiot people who should be driving a car let alone owning a gun.

But I also feel it is a lost cause. Only because anything that is legal, can be obtained on the black market. Even purses. A Calvin Klein purse at $5,000 real can be bought for $100 fake. Same with guns. Ban them totally and people will get their hands on them somehow. Always will be that way, won't change.

So better education, tighter control on who gets permits for what reason, tighter control on assualt type weapons allowed to civilians etc all needs to happen. Most one can do is hope some education kicks in, but in this day I swear we are going backwards. Guns in older times HAD a huge purpose for survival. It is not the same now, or is it?????

gun control is a hard topic for sure. one that will not be 'fixed' anytime soon.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Why would you want tighter gun control if criminals get them regardless of the fact of tighter gun control.And yes tighter gun control does mean putting them out of reach of some law abiding people.Cost of training programs and permits and fees.Here just to buy a single shot shot gun you need to spend over 200 dollars for training course fees and permits.If youre on a tight budget its out of the picture.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
FarmerChick said:
as usual one side of the fence posted. We own alot of guns. We own alot of ammo. But gun control needs to be tighter. AND NO the basic person won't lose their priviledge to own a gun. Just tighter measures need to happen because like BigScoop said before, there are millions of idiot people who should be driving a car let alone owning a gun.

But I also feel it is a lost cause. Only because anything that is legal, can be obtained on the black market. Even purses. A Calvin Klein purse at $5,000 real can be bought for $100 fake. Same with guns. Ban them totally and people will get their hands on them somehow. Always will be that way, won't change.

So better education, tighter control on who gets permits for what reason, tighter control on assualt type weapons allowed to civilians etc all needs to happen. Most one can do is hope some education kicks in, but in this day I swear we are going backwards. Guns in older times HAD a huge purpose for survival. It is not the same now, or is it?????

gun control is a hard topic for sure. one that will not be 'fixed' anytime soon.

You say you own lots of guns and ammo. Then you say gun law should be tighter. How about just one gun and one box of ammo. Per household. Any magazines will not be allowed to hold more then six rounds.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The sad part is we have the proper laws already in place but they do no good because the offenders don't obey laws. So the solution is not more laws, but rather more enforcement of existing laws. it's that simple. Frank

Attachments

• skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.jpg
    skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 79

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
then you would have to hit into 'hunting gun control'

I don't own assualt weapons, or anything like that. hunting guns.

Yes, limit guns and ammo on people WHO never buy a hunting license. sounds fine to me.
Yes, limit guns and ammo on people WHO will not or can't pass a shooting test. sure.

Like BigScoop said before, he doesn't have the total answer on what limits need to be made, and it is not 'taking guns from everyone', and it sure is 'not allowing guns to every citizen', so it has to be decided in the future how to go about CONTROLLING guns. What are those guidelines? Not sure yet but I am definitely not in favor of 'everyone having a gun since birth as a legal right no matter what'. lets give guns to all infants ago 3 to 8. Lets see the results.

we aren't talking about taking away, giving up all rights or anything. better control and every time it is stated someone goes to the extreme to make a point that stretches the argument to stupid.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread