Help Please!

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I posted this on two other "more appropriate" forums here on TNet, but no one has responded. Not sure why, but, if anyone could help, I'd appreciate it:

Got an email I'd like to share and ask for your recommendations:

Mr. Williams,

Your blog is such enjoyable reading for me everyday. A great relief after reading some of the other Southern bashing Civil War blogs. Thank you for your work and your books.

My job is buyer for the gift shop at the ____________Museum in Texas. The museum has one of the largest collections of Civil War items west of the Mississippi. I’m always trying to find new items to present in our gift shop and that is where I hope you can help me out. I would like to carry some authentic relics of the War for sale to our visitors and need to find a source that can sell me some decent dug relics from the War. I note that you are a relic hunter and thought maybe you could suggest a reputable person or persons who could supply the museum with some authentic relics at a reasonable price. I’m talking about small items such as bullets, buttons, etc. Your help would be much appreciated and thank you for your time.

I immediately thought of Rafael Eledge and Shiloh Relics and I know there are plenty others. Any solid recommendations will be shared with this gentleman. Texas dealers might be preferable. Thanks!

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they want to "pay" you a fair price.....and you have researched your items as far as price is concerned ?" and you have items you would want to part with....I don't see a problem. Just make sure you have money in hand and you know this is a "lejit" Museum...good luck......I'd also get the phone number of this museum and call and talk personaly with this gent......good luck

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If they want to "pay" you a fair price.....and you have researched your items as far as price is concerned ?" and you have items you would want to part with....I don't see a problem. Just make sure you have money in hand and you know this is a "lejit" Museum...good luck......I'd also get the phone number of this museum and call and talk personaly with this gent......good luck

Oh, it's definitely legit. The person asking for help is just unsure who to go to for small items like buttons, bullets, Etc. It's a very nice, but private museum. He's just looking for some guidance.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Old Stonewall said:
I posted this on two other "more appropriate" forums here on TNet, but no one has responded. Not sure why, but, if anyone could help, I'd appreciate it:

Got an email I'd like to share and ask for your recommendations:

Mr. Williams,

Your blog is such enjoyable reading for me everyday. A great relief after reading some of the other Southern bashing Civil War blogs. Thank you for your work and your books.

My job is buyer for the gift shop at the ____________Museum in Texas. The museum has one of the largest collections of Civil War items west of the Mississippi. I’m always trying to find new items to present in our gift shop and that is where I hope you can help me out. I would like to carry some authentic relics of the War for sale to our visitors and need to find a source that can sell me some decent dug relics from the War. I note that you are a relic hunter and thought maybe you could suggest a reputable person or persons who could supply the museum with some authentic relics at a reasonable price. I’m talking about small items such as bullets, buttons, etc. Your help would be much appreciated and thank you for your time.

I immediately thought of Rafael Eledge and Shiloh Relics and I know there are plenty others. Any solid recommendations will be shared with this gentleman. Texas dealers might be preferable. Thanks!

Nice find

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
For anybody who doesn't already know:
Souvenir-sellers (which include museums' gift-shops) want to buy "bulk" quantities (at wholesale price-rates) of inexpensive small relics, which can resold at retail price in the gift-shop for a significant profit. Examples are bulk quantities (let's say 100) fired civil war Minie-balls. Fired ones can be bought at a wholesale price a bit below $1 apiece, and resold at the shop for $2 or $3 apiece.

The simplest way for that Texas museum to do it is to look for "bulk" quantities of Minie-balls on Ebay. I know two relic-dealers here in the Richmond VA area who sell wholesale-priced bags of 50 or 100 Minie-balls at their relic shop and on Ebay. Send me a PM and I'll give you their contact-info.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This doesn't belong in today's finds, moving it to everything else.n

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread