Gun controll comment on TV***

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Anyone that is afraid of citizens who own guns and are for taking up guns, should move to any other country where guns are outlawed and see how the citizens of those countries perish. They can have their pick, as all other countries have abolished gun rights and many are now in a civil war for their government suppressing them .Manking has always had a bloddy history and only for a couple of centuries has man owned giuns. Many of the worlds largest battles were fought using spears, altalt's, knives, swords, bows, crossbows and traberchets. We can kill with anything we can get our hands on, even cooking utensils, pots pans, bowls or anything else.When you don't have anything to protect you and your family with is when you could easily become a victim. Good Luck. rockhound

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone that is afraid of citizens who own guns and are for taking up guns, should move to any other country where guns are outlawed and see how the citizens of those countries perish. They can have their pick, as all other countries have abolished gun rights and many are now in a civil war for their government suppressing them .Manking has always had a bloddy history and only for a couple of centuries has man owned giuns. Many of the worlds largest battles were fought using spears, altalt's, knives, swords, bows, crossbows and traberchets. We can kill with anything we can get our hands on, even cooking utensils, pots pans, bowls or anything else.When you don't have anything to protect you and your family with is when you could easily become a victim. Good Luck. rockhound

Hi Yanks, I thought you all would like to see the real
figures from Down Under.

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by a new law to
surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by our own
government, a program costing Australia taxpayers
more than $500 million dollars.

The first year results are now in:
Australia-wide, homicides are up 6.2 percent,
Australia-wide, assaults are up 9.6 percent;
Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria
alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent.(Note that
while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not
and criminals still possess their guns!)
While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady
decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically
upward in the past 12 months, since the criminals now are guaranteed
that their prey is unarmed.
There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and
assaults of the elderly, while the resident is at home.

Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public
safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was
expended in 'successfully ridding Australian society of guns....' You
won't see this on the American evening news or hear your governor or
members of the State Assembly disseminating this information.

The Australian experience speaks for itself. Guns in the
hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control
laws affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note Americans, before it's too late!
Will you be one of the sheep to turn yours in?
WHY? You will need it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The truth is that it does no good crying about gun rights on a treasure/metal detecting forum. I am a life member of the NRA. I have belonged to a shooting range for over twenty years. I go there for a couple hours every week. They have a indoor range too for when its too cold out. How many of you have done any thing to fight for your rights of gun ownership. Instead of crying on T-net you should call and write any Opposing law maker you can find and voice your opinion.
The cold dead fingers comment is very cute but does nothing to help our gun rights. Now get busy and find those opposing law makers and tell them how you feel.

I have done so for years....Been a gun owner since I was 14, I have no intention of ever surrendering my right to own........As far as "crying about gun contol on here" as long as gun control and gun threads violate none of our rules and do not take a turn the moderators feel needs to end the thread they have as much right here as your cookie receipe thread....

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Treasure_Hunter said:
I have done so for years....Been a gun owner since I was 14, I have no intention of ever surrendering my right to own........As far as "crying about gun contol on here" as long as gun control and gun threads violate none of our rules and do not take a turn the moderators feel needs to end the thread they have as much right here as your cookie receipe thread....

Well then I don't have a problem with anyone taking away my cookies. And as far as you having no intention of surrendering your firearm, then don't cry about it on a treasure forum and think you have done something. It's not about you as a moderator. That ain't rocket science. It's not about what threads are started. If you do nothing to hold on to your right as a gun owner, don't worry others will. But don't cry if you loose your right because you decided to sit back and watch.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well here's the answer. ticm posts the names of all legislators that oppose guns and we all copy and send them the Ed Chenel letter. Now lets see just how big the round ones of ticm are. Frank

Attachments

• 111-2 700Warrior Head.jpg
    111-2 700Warrior Head.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Frankn said:
Well here's the answer. ticm posts the names of all legislators that oppose guns and we all copy and send them the kuger, 13 rule letter. Now lets see just how big the round ones of ticm are. Frank

LMAO. I wonder if that would be political. I know you probably have of no clue as to who represents you in your state and in Washington. Now why else would you ask such a thing. Don't you have a offer to think about. Please don't worry about my round ones. That's weird.

ps

I will not make this turn into a long drawn out offer thread. So I am not responding any further.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well then I don't have a problem with anyone taking away my cookies. And as far as you having no intention of surrendering your firearm, then don't cry about it on a treasure forum and think you have done something. It's not about you as a moderator. That ain't rocket science. It's not about what threads are started. If you do nothing to hold on to your right as a gun owner, don't worry others will. But don't cry if you loose your right because you decided to sit back and watch.

TICM, I am not crying about firarms, I am expressing my opinion on the subject just like the rest of the members in the thread are.

By the way how do you know what I or for that matter what anyone else in this thread has done to support the right to own guns? Your correct, "it's not rocket science", you don't know at all.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:censored:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawgwild

Oct 29, 2012
Shreveport, LA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just shows just how ignorant and stupid folks like Bob Costas are.... I saw that garbage and If I knew who the sponsors were on that particular game I'd definitely send them a letter and let them know their products will never be on my shopping list. That is what will get the attention faster than anything.

Don't remove guns, remove Bob Costas..

I'm aware that Tnet doesn't allow political discussion. I've been on other sports type sites and many have a forum specifically for political discussions so things like this could be kept out of normal threads....Just a thought

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Remember the past...or be condemned to repeat it. Remember the last time another country tried to collect American guns? About 236 years ago? Hmm?. TTC

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just shows just how ignorant and stupid folks like Bob Costas are.... I saw that garbage and If I knew who the sponsors were on that particular game I'd definitely send them a letter and let them know their products will never be on my shopping list. That is what will get the attention faster than anything.

I'm aware that Tnet doesn't allow political discussion. I've been on other sports type sites and many have a forum specifically for political discussions so things like this could be kept out of normal threads....Just a thought

we use to have a forum for political discuassion, it got so out of hand it was closed by old owner.... New owners do not want any politicals on forums....

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

As far as I understand it, Bob Costas is a sportscaster - not a politician. He expressed his opinion about a controversial topic.

So, who EXACTLY is being accused of trying to take away our guns?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as I understand it, Bob Costas is a sportscaster - not a politician. He expressed his opinion about a controversial topic.

So, who EXACTLY is being accused of trying to take away our guns?

...he is mis-using his national platform meant to comment on sporting events ,as an opportunity to cast a personal opinion....one that past commenter's have been fired for giving there opinions on

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in the murder capitol of Canada (Many years running) and yes there have been homicides caused by guns.

BUT, there have been more murders caused by knives, broken beer bottles, curb stomping, and other things like baseball bats, tire irons, hit and run, etc.

I certainly don't have the U.S. mentality like it's our right, take away our guns and you take away our freedom, it's in the constitution, etc.

BUT, I do not believe taking away guns will reduce crime or solve anything.

Guns are important in Canada for one reason.....The right to hunt.

I'm glad they finally scrapped that stupid gun law we had!

Am I being too political? ::)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep political posts out of the thread or it will be locked, I know it's next to impossible to talk about gun control with out it turning political, but it is the only way to keep the thread unlocked....

Last edited:

bukit

Tenderfoot
Nov 24, 2012
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
look at how keeping illegal drugs out of the bad guys hands is working, never gonna happen. as long as the bad guys have guns so will i. you can kick me off here if you want but i still have the right to free speach and to bear arms. maybe someday an armed law abiding citizen will save your life and others around you in a movie theater somewhere, then again maybe not.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
look at how keeping illegal drugs out of the bad guys hands is working, never gonna happen. as long as the bad guys have guns so will i. you can kick me off here if you want but i still have the right to free speach and to bear arms. maybe someday an armed law abiding citizen will save your life and others around you in a movie theater somewhere, then again maybe not.

Your safe, nothing you posted will get you kicked. As long as members post by TN rules they want be kicked off....... Free speech depends on where you are, you can't yell fire in a movie, you can be asked to leave a restaurant for cursing out loud or creating a disturbance.... TN is a privately owned forum with public access, as a privately owned business owners have the right to set the rules for being here, just like you would if you own you own business or in your home...By posting here you agree to follow our rules....................

Welcome to TN, the best treasure website on the net...:icon_thumright:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread