Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL! Ya'll all take another puff! :laughing7:
Ya'll's banter just struck me funny, atm.

Drugs are just bad news, all the way around.
Limitool, I have to apologize for my misplaced humor, as I glossed part of this thread and missed your last paragraph. I didn't realize some of the road you have had to go down with these things.
I certainly would not want to make light of anothers horrors. And trust me, my immediate and extended family have not been strangers to some of the horrors of it either.

Lots of kinds of dysfunctions in life. Drugs/alcohol usually only multiply them.

Well, You are talking about Drugs...we are talking about Marjuanna :P

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digs, MJ is a drug, as well as sugar, tobacco, or cocoa leaves. If most could just do mj and stop there, we probably wouldn't be having this discussion.
I'm with Mike on this, in that big pharma and the advertisers have indoctrinated ppl into thinking, pop a pill, smoke a dube, take care of your problems. Same as alcoholics keep trying to drown their sorrows in a bottle. Problems and the underlying sources of them are still there, no matter how high or drunk you get.

And like RJC said, human curiosity, leads many to experiment. Without a strong willed mind, many will lose themselves in the search for the next and better high. I don't think that has anything to do with the drugs and has everything to do with the mental choices and decisions that an individual makes.
No one controls another persons mind, they can provoke, though. Just like kids in school, it's hard to stand apart from the crowd and be an individual, when all your buddies are "doing it".
Gotta be strong willed, and not a sheeple.
Also, a strong love for self and life, doesn't hurt either.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe a gateway is an acceptance that an altered state is acceptable when not required. What chemical or substance comes in such a range that singling any out might result in whats available more than its actual content. I liked morphine. Fortunately was weaned off it but others have craved it and one way overindulges. Was the drug the gate or its becoming accepted as necessary after it wasn,t like so many addictions. Mj has been abused like most things. I recall a seventy or plus man telling me its nothing new except most people did not go overboard with it and kept it quiet. That was quite a while ago and he seemed like he was not impaired from long "reasonable" use. Then there are the frybrains.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm addicted to caffeine, women and food. Was addicted to nicotine for 25 years (still working on that one) They've all been "gateways" of some kind.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm addicted to caffeine, women and food. Was addicted to nicotine for 25 years (still working on that one) They've all been "gateways" of some kind.

So your normal male......LOL

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Molon Labe

Feb 4, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive read a few posts on this post but not all so I don't know if anyone is going to say what I am going to say but here it is. Weed is not for me. Ive seen to many high school (Somewhat) friends ruin their life with multiple arrests for drug trafficking and possession. I believe recreational marijuana should be a state issue and not a federal issue and thats the libertarian side of me coming out. But while were on the topic of drugs, does anyone use smokeless tobacco while metal detecting?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I do believe they give people with the so called ADD amphetamines because the person cant concentrate on what theyre doing.Amphetamines allows you to concentrate because when taking amphetamines it makes everything that youre doing seem interesting.You get more into to concentrating on what youre doing.Personally I think the whole ADD and the other garbage is only so much B.S.If I'm not interested in paying attention to something I'm not interested in I'm not going to do it period.They can kiss my arse.I had a class in high school called speech.You had to write a speech once a week,it didnt interest me in the least so I never wrote a speech,the class was mandatory,I went to every class,I just never wrote a speech .Does that mean I have ADD.:laughing9:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Bouncing all over the place mike doesnt mean theres anything wrong with you.while I'm on Tnet i'm also playing my real time pc war game plus im also scoping out the news sites I go to for anything interesting to post,I also my be making dinner all at the same time.lol.At times I'm also reading 1-2-3-4 books at the same time.I think your trying to read to much into yourself.Would a insane person keep on questioning his sanity?I very highly doubt it.Maybe youre a man of many interests like I am,and just have trouble getting it out,finding an outlet.Maybe you have a lot to say on a lot of subjects and just have trouble finding the words(which can be pretty aggravating) If you dwell on something for to long of a time it will start to eat at you.You just have to relax buddy,take sometime for yourself.Take a day or two or three and do something you like doing.Do it for yourself,nobody else.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did somebody say PROZAC??

Attachments

• 20180412_171749.jpg
    20180412_171749.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 47

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ONLY THING I HAVE EVER GOTTEN IS A BILL

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
50 years and I ain't shot nobody either, but I can't remember where I put my gun. Pfffffffff *&^%%^ ouch, burned my finger again, now where's my durned roach clip?

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Will write later some words. Too stoned at the moment.... :laughing7:

Attachments

• Amnesia.JPG
    Amnesia.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 49

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
50 years and I ain't shot nobody either, but I can't remember where I put my gun. Pfffffffff *&^%%^ ouch, burned my finger again, now where's my durned roach clip?

burnt your fingers ???

Mate, 50 years or not - you have a lack of experience! Don´t you have any tweezers at home you can use for inhale the very last bit from the joint? :laughing7:
Avoids also to burn your lips or that you inhale the entire rest of the joint :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
All this happens to me once but never twice LOL

Or take the other variant. With such a piece below you get complete knocked out before you can burn anything :headbang:

PEAAAACE BRO

Attachments

• w_485_1436805171_7ddc_riesen-joint.jpg
    w_485_1436805171_7ddc_riesen-joint.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 46

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other

Just googled what a roach clip is! Seems everything is fine Bro! Forget my posting :laughing7: Roach clips does it as well LOL

...but anyway, tweezers looks more elegant!! :laughing7:

Attachments

• blackberry_clip.jpg
    blackberry_clip.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 99

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread