The flu shot

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll share an old folk remedy that i read in the FoxFire Cook Book.Its called the 2 hat remedy.You take a hat and put it on your bed post,take a bottle of whiskey and climb into bed,drink until you see 2 hats.:occasion14:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And do you know how many millions of children/people died every year before the advent of vaccinations ?? Things were definitely not better in the good old days. Walk any old cemetery and see the number of dead children.

You don't need to trust the gov but you should trust medical and scientific advancements. It's why our lifespan has grown by decades over the years.

I can agree in getting a Yellow Fever and Polio inoculation for travel abroad, dispite the many people that have reacted negatively against the Polio serum and were permanently disabled after taking the ''sugar cube''.
But there is just something fishy about the fact that every year there is a different strain, and it as said afore, it comes from Asia.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flu shot? Nah, I'll pass.

Some other type of shot?

Nah, I'll pass on all shots, thank you.

Well, a shot of Jack Daniels DOES sound inviting......

My round, Lads! Belly up to the bar!

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because the shots cause their immune system to develop antibodies against the diseases...just as if they actually got the disease.
Jim

Are you sure that it actually strengthens the immune system, or is that what they tell you. I know for a fact that when my wife was told she had to be immunized (she's a nurse), she was always getting the flu bug and getting sick. I told her to quit getting the shots, and since then she has not been sick.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
old digger said:
Are you sure that it actually strengthens the immune system, or is that what they tell you. I know for a fact that when my wife was told she had to be immunized (she's a nurse), she was always getting the flu bug and getting sick. I told her to quit getting the shots, and since then she has not been sick.

Yes it's science/medicine 101. Everyone has a story of someone who "never got sick until they got a flu shot". This is all random chance and probability. As stated the flu shot works on a half dozen of the hundreds to thousands of strains out there. For instance this year there has been a huge number of early cases of the flu - 10x greater here in MA. Prob means that there is a strain going around that was not part of the shot.

Just remembered that millions died before immunizations and life was miserable. No conspiracies just good medicine and science.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll share an old folk remedy that i read in the FoxFire Cook Book.Its called the 2 hat remedy.You take a hat and put it on your bed post,take a bottle of whiskey and climb into bed,drink until you see 2 hats.:occasion14:
LOL....if I want to see 2 hats, all I need to do is take off my glasses....ha
Jim

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Sure it does....it still utilizes the immune system...it's just the weak form of the disease that turns the system on. I always get a bit rocky for a couple of days after getting the shot. That tells me that it's working. I'd rather get a weak form of the flu for a couple of days, than the full-blown version for a couple of weeks. I also got a shingles shot this fall. My dad got that years ago, so maybe there's a better chance I would get it ,too......might as well try to prevent it.
Jim

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never had one never going to.. These doctors say there's no cure for the common cold.. But the magically find a way each and every year to make a vaccine for the flu.. But every year there seems to be a new strain or different kind of flu.. But they still give the shots out and take your money or bill your insurance.. Just does'nt make any sense to me.. If you're going to get sick a flu shot is not going to prevent it in my opinion...

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think everyone is missing the easiest solution of them all :laughing7:

Just wash your hands often, and keep them away from your eyes and mouth. It's that simple :laughing7:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The garlic has to be raw though,heat kills the natural antibiotics in it.

If you eat enough raw garlic EVERYONE will stay away from you,especially the flu!:thumbsup:
In all seriousness though, I never had a flu shot until I had a case that was so bad that I couldn't pick up my children at school less than 30 seconds from my back door so I get a flu shot every year. I also am a believer in nature's medicines and preventions such as ginger,garlic, and of course hot peppers.

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you eat enough raw garlic EVERYONE will stay away from you,especially the flu!:thumbsup:
In all seriousness though, I never had a flu shot until I had a case that was so bad that I couldn't pick up my children at school less than 30 seconds from my back door so I get a flu shot every year. I also am a believer in nature's medicines and preventions such as ginger,garlic, and of course hot peppers.

On the hot pepper thing you can actually change your metabolism with these. Trouble is you feel them twice. Try a ghost pepper wowie!!!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
onfire said:
On the hot pepper thing you can actually change your metabolism with these. Trouble is you feel them twice. Try a ghost pepper wowie!!!

My remedy is to eat ice cream immediately afterwards,lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions