The flu shot

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Pat, Tetanus shots! I think I am allergic to them. I got a triple tetanus shot in the Army. The next day my arm was about twice the diameter and every vein and artery was blue and bulging out. I never got another. I don't like repeating history, unless that history is digging up a treasure chest Or repeating a good horizontal event. LOL Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
me and my 10 yr old daughter got one 2 days ago for $ 10 each , i asked about getting sick from it and if it extracted from a cow you can get sick but if it comes from a chicken egg you wont get sick .

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hot pepper remedies go back a long way. Check out thompsonian medicine. Belief is you sweet out the back stuff. The shakers used/sold cayenne peppers back in the 80's. good stuff to flush out the body!!

Wives tale or not,I feel anything coming on and I take two heaping tablespoons of cayenne powder and rarely am sick.......................I live on hot peppers though anyway

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Wives tale or not,I feel anything coming on and I take two heaping tablespoons of cayenne powder and rarely am sick.......................I live on hot peppers though anyway

The active ingredient in hot peppers is Capsaicin P. There are A LOT of people in medicine during research on its properties and how it can be beneficial. There is good evidence that eating hot peppers regularly helps boost your immune system. I'm not sure a bolus before a cold would be helpful but you never know. I grow 4 types of peppers year round (florida is awesome) and eat them regularly. It also helps increase pain tolerance. The release of endorphins iand catecholamines can be beneficial for depression and chronic pain (at a low degree.) Also, there is a topical Capsaicin P cream available that can be rubbed on arthritic joints to help with localized pain. Who knows....maybe the future of the world will one day depend on hot peppers. ;)

lynnhaven

Tenderfoot
Apr 4, 2012
Dallas, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never had the shot and I've never gotten the flu. Of course, my parents didn't give me any antibiotics when I was a kid so that I could develop a good immune system, and I did! I've read reports everywhere that the flu shot causes a lot more harm than good (and personal experiences with family.) I'll never be taking it, that's for sure.

Veritas0589

Greenie
Mar 19, 2012
Minnesota
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"There is no evidence that any influenza vaccine thus far developed is effective in preventing or mitigating any attack of influenza. The producers of these vaccines know that they are worthless, but they go on selling them anyway." - Dr. J. Anthony Morris (formerly Chief Vaccine Control Officer at the US Federal Drug Admin.)

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Red James cash said:
Honey and cinnamon are also good for you.

I know cinnamon lowers blood sugar.I'm a big believer in nature's medicine cabinet.whenever I feel a cold coming on or want to loosen up congestion I eat a big bowl of Vietnamese pho.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
I can only speak of my own results, but got sick from flu shots. I do take 5,000-10,000 IUs daily of Vitamin D3. Now I almost never get a real cold, maybe just 1-2 mild symptoms that last part of a day. Best wishes, George (MN)

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
"There is no evidence that any influenza vaccine thus far developed is effective in preventing or mitigating any attack of influenza. The producers of these vaccines know that they are worthless, but they go on selling them anyway." - Dr. J. Anthony Morris (formerly Chief Vaccine Control Officer at the US Federal Drug Admin.)

I am going to say this one more time and then I am going to let it go:

The current flu vaccine is a DEAD virus. Unless somebody has figured out how to resurrect the dead then it is impossible to get the flu from the vaccine. HOWEVER, the flu vaccine can cause an immune reaction that produces flu like symptoms. If this happens to you then you should not have the flu shot in the future.

Crispin,

Ps. One exception: the intranasal vaccine is a live virus and can, in fact, give you the flu.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drink 6 pots of black coffee a day and you all will be just fine ,,, been doing that since i was 5 years old

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Rebel-KGC, Doesn't make any difference. They both have caffeine in them, but the decaf has salt added to compensate . Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

Useless Eater

Greenie
Mar 12, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think they are going overkill on vaccines these days, otherwise healthy people don't need chicken pox or flu vaccines. Here is a study on whats going on with children and high vaccinations.

Relative trends in hospitalizations and mortality among infants by the number of vaccine doses and age, based on the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), 1990?2010

Flu shots are a catch 22 thing for sure because there are already 20 reported cases of influenza killing children in 2013.I know if I still had young kids at home I would think twice before getting them flu shots though.When our kids were growing up(they're bow 27 and 29) the pediatricians didn't vaccinate for flu.

Flu has killed 20 children nationwide so far this season

Last edited:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMHO - the entire world is out of control with mean spirited people in charge every where. Wish there was a shot to give to mean people to make them nice!! Then, everyone would fill their plug holes!!!!!!!!!..............63bkpkr

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Just plum crazy if you ask me! People you better do some serious research before putting this CRAP in your bodies! GodBless Chris

Attachments

• h1n1splash.jpg
    h1n1splash.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 76

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am truly surprised and thankful that no one has blathered on about some government conspiracy
to immunize citizens with some nefarious drug that causes you to sing "kumbaya" and give
all of your money to the poor who do not choose to work but will take taxpayer "government" hand-outs.
Or some other wild claims....

Just keepin' it real, y'all....

Thank God this thread has gone PC

(sarcasm--now turned off)

Scott

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread