ObamaCare Provision May Forbid Gun And Ammo Registration!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry that can work both ways.

so since in PA you need to register hand guns & a few others,
will this law forbid you to register & in effect prevent sale & purchase ?

will it mean PA Residents won't need to register at all anymore but can still Buy ?

Or does it just mean no more additional registration laws ?

also what does registration matter if the weapons & ammo are Verboten ?

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
since when did i need to register my hand gun ?

Last edited by a moderator:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

perhaps you had it forever ?

My understanding you have to register before Purchase in PA

unless Black powder or BB

Perhaps your meaning of Register is different then Mine.
Call it what you want, But you need an OK &

As far as I know you need papers

Last edited:

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not an extremeist by any means.. What I am is a law abiding citizen that is proud of his country and his rights.. One of those right is the ability to bear arms without being treated like a criminal or a fugitive.. This specific right is being threatned and I for one am mad as hell about it.. A country of people that left a dictator fought and died to give these people there everyday rights and protect them from a govenment rule that invades their homes.. This country was founded with firearms, defended with firearms and is still protected with firearms.. Guns are not the problem criminals and uneducated activists groups along with money hungry politicians are the problem... A criminal commits a crime with a firearm and it's the guns fault.. No people it's the criminals fault.. Lets not try to rehabilitate him and set him free in 6 months.. Punish him to the fullest as far as i'm concerned.. To many damn sensitive people want to help these criminals and punish the law abiding citizens for there mistakes and actions... I call BS on that.. This is one American citizen that is proud of his heritage and will fight to keep what is rightfully his.. The things that my forefathers gave me my rights.. This so called gun ban that's coming well that's fine.. As one person I can't stop it.. However to all those gun hating folks.. I for one hope the criminals target the weak and uneducated and you have to defend youself with your garden hoses and rally signs.. Because this gun toting American citizen will not stand for it and chooses to protect his home with this 2nd amendment and will not allow that to be changed.. Gob Bless the 2nd amendment.. Make this country a better place and punch an activist or politician in the mouth...

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it was bought in this state all i did was the background check

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you recall some years back DR.'s wanted SAFER BULLETS? What an absolute brainwashed society we live in,safer bullets,what are we to shoot,gummy bears???Off target,but,I had to say it.

kind of like McChrystal,wanting to ban the Caliber .223....because it so devastating to human flesh....WTH?Try a 300 Ultra Mag......223 really?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it was bought in this state all i did was the background check

I just looked it up.

I never purchased anything but Black Powder guns.

I see they don't call it Register, But most who purchase want to carry at some point,
And a License is Required Correct ? to me a License is still Registration.
Finger prints, Backround check etc. at a cost

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

will it mean PA Residents won't need to register at all anymore but can still Buy ?

Give that man a prize!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laughing7:

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kind of like McChrystal,wanting to ban the Caliber .223....because it so devastating to human flesh....WTH?Try a 300 Ultra Mag......223 really?
Just goes to show you how truly stupid these people trying to make these laws are... They don't understand calibers.. They just know that a 223 is a military round and that sounds scary and a good enough reason to whine about it.. What these morons don'nt know or understand is they're trying to take away assault rifles and 30 rd magazines.. Well that's all well and good but I for one own guns that are just as powerful and rapid firing that are'nt the so called assualt rifles.. These people base everything that they see on tv movies and what the internet tells them to believe.. If they would actually try to educate themselves they may be able to make a half hearted argument.. But that would'nt be the burn them at the stake menality and these people don't seem to get that..

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ccw is a lic to carry a deadly weapon ie kinfe ball bat gun etc... only thing i ever filled out was the std background check papers that everyone has to do, at the time it was bought i had a ccw for KY, but a had a pa driver lic , over 40 fire arms and not one of them is in a register

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Superbly said!:wav::icon_salut::thumbsup:
I am not an extremeist by any means.. What I am is a law abiding citizen that is proud of his country and his rights.. One of those right is the ability to bear arms without being treated like a criminal or a fugitive.. This specific right is being threatned and I for one am mad as hell about it.. A country of people that left a dictator fought and died to give these people there everyday rights and protect them from a govenment rule that invades their homes.. This country was founded with firearms, defended with firearms and is still protected with firearms.. Guns are not the problem criminals and uneducated activists groups along with money hungry politicians are the problem... A criminal commits a crime with a firearm and it's the guns fault.. No people it's the criminals fault.. Lets not try to rehabilitate him and set him free in 6 months.. Punish him to the fullest as far as i'm concerned.. To many damn sensitive people want to help these criminals and punish the law abiding citizens for there mistakes and actions... I call BS on that.. This is one American citizen that is proud of his heritage and will fight to keep what is rightfully his.. The things that my forefathers gave me my rights.. This so called gun ban that's coming well that's fine.. As one person I can't stop it.. However to all those gun hating folks.. I for one hope the criminals target the weak and uneducated and you have to defend youself with your garden hoses and rally signs.. Because this gun toting American citizen will not stand for it and chooses to protect his home with this 2nd amendment and will not allow that to be changed.. Gob Bless the 2nd amendment.. Make this country a better place and punch an activist or politician in the mouth...

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Actually in he state of Pa. you have to register all handguns and rifles that are not black powder when you but them new.. But used guns are a different breed.. Those should be registered but seldom are.. This goes for most any used gun..Except handguns if you are caught in the state of Pa. with and unresgisterd handgun you're screwed no two ways about it..

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

You're my generation,if folks could only understand,well,only in time,and,we ain't got much left. Still like that avatar,still gotta squint though.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ccw is a lic to carry a deadly weapon ie kinfe ball bat gun etc... only thing i ever filled out was the std background check papers that everyone has to do, at the time it was bought i had a ccw for KY, but a had a pa driver lic , over 40 fire arms and not one of them is in a register
I have lived in Pa. my whole life and take this for what it is worth.. If you have a handgun that is not at least a hundred years old it must be registered.. If it is not get it registered and do not carry it until it is and you are sure your permit is up to date and covers that particular firearm.. Otherwise you will be in for a major crap storm if you are caught with it... Take it for what its worth..

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i see so the 1911-al 45 acp and a marlin xl7 270 that i bought new from gun shop did so illegal ? i never heard or read anything about having to register a fire arm in this state

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i see so the 1911-al 45 acp and a marlin xl7 270 that i bought new from gun shop did so illegal ? i never heard or read anything about having to register a fire arm in this state
Regardless of the backround check you recieve when you buy the firearm handguns must be registered.. I agree with you about the rifles I also own several unregistered rifles and such.. But if you intend on carrying a concealed handgun it must be registered.. If it is not it is not allowed to be concealed loaded or to be transported anywhere except to and from the shooting range.. And while being transported must be in plain sight in the vehicle..

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well all i am going to say it will never be or any of my firearms

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well all i am going to say it will never be or any of my firearms
I can respect that.. But if I can help a fellow gun owner avoid any kind of problems I will.. Not trying to offend or preach.. Just trying to help a gun owner avoid the persicution that some would may want to inflict if you were to get into any kind of trouble with it...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread