spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well this makes the second post I've seen today that included guns in the wrong hands

The answer - More guns and foolish people :laughing7:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you ever notice in the old days sports writers were very careful of the language and photo's used. They were always aware that too much graphics and poor choice of words would bring on more anti gun sentiment. Smart men, for sure. "Out of sight, out of mind"......sad, but oh so true.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bigscoop,

Kind of like the greater fool theory.....then they could have some Darwin awards at the end of the year....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that turkey was a clean kill, the deer hunter cannot aim for @#$$#

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
People put the bullets in the gun and pulled the trigger....still peoples fault.
Here is one indisputable gun fact.

Guns don't kill people, but the bullets that come out of them do :laughing7:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to admit I love that second shooter's laugh, sounds to be an IQ of about 35-40 a-hill, a-hill, yup

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The deer hunter should not be allowed to procreate, either.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scoop.......you speak of using the "correct language" check out how the whole world is getting politically correct.
Our US Navy aircraft carriers used to have a designation of CVA before the number of the ship. CVA stood for "C"=carrier-"V"=aircraft and "A" stood for attack. They figured the word "Attack" wasn't friendly enough so they are now designated as "CV's", thus eliminating the scary word "Attack". I hope other countries follow suit so I don't get scared if one from another country parks off our shoreline.
Then we have the "Kalifornia Department of Fish & Game". Well, we used to. Thing is, the word "Game" conjured up visions of dead animals so, in their ever-so-brilliant wisdom, they have changed their name to "Kalifornia Department of Fish & Wildlife". That has made the wildlife around here much happier and the tree-huggers have no idea that animals are still getting shot.
I feel we need to take it much further though. Like "Folsom Prison". Why not change it to something like "Northern California Resort for Felons" or something along those lines. Make the inmates a little more at ease about their surroundings. Heck, the term "death penalty" could be changed to "permanent behavioral adjustment" and then maybe we wouldn't be so afraid of handing out that as a sentence. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scoop.......you speak of using the "correct language" check out how the whole world is getting politically correct.

Packer, you made a very sound and valid point about being PC. I think this will be my topic for discussion

Thank you :thumbsup:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Politics are not allowed here.
{politically correct or politically Wrong}

you only need to be correct or wrong here

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
packerbacker,

Yup....me thinks the pendulum has swung a bit to far....actually I prefer the approach of that prison warden in Texas I believe makes the inmates wear pink, etc...the name escapes me at the moment but I'm sure you or someone else can come up with his name.

Regards + HH

Bill

Our US Navy aircraft carriers used to have a designation of CVA before the number of the ship. CVA stood for "C"=carrier-"V"=aircraft and "A" stood for attack. They figured the word "Attack" wasn't friendly enough so they are now designated as "CV's", thus eliminating the scary word "Attack". I hope other countries follow suit so I don't get scared if one from another country parks off our shoreline.
Then we have the "Kalifornia Department of Fish & Game". Well, we used to. Thing is, the word "Game" conjured up visions of dead animals so, in their ever-so-brilliant wisdom, they have changed their name to "Kalifornia Department of Fish & Wildlife". That has made the wildlife around here much happier and the tree-huggers have no idea that animals are still getting shot.
I feel we need to take it much further though. Like "Folsom Prison". Why not change it to something like "Northern California Resort for Felons" or something along those lines. Make the inmates a little more at ease about their surroundings. Heck, the term "death penalty" could be changed to "permanent behavioral adjustment" and then maybe we wouldn't be so afraid of handing out that as a sentence. :)

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I could elaborate on your statement of "Guns don't kill people, but the bullets that come out of them do" by saying "Bullets don't kill people, it's the massive loss of blood resulting from being shot kills people" or "It's the instant dose of lead poisoning that kills people"
I thought your post was in the spirit of "See how things get re-worded to make them sound better"...........guess I missed your "point"??

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
packerbacker,

Now you're getting pretty elaborate there.....don't make it to complicated....we don't want to get Spart confused...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
That sheriff I believe is Sheriff Joe Arpaio in Arizona. Very good man and we need more like him.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Diesel,

I got the wrong state but close.....he treats the inmates the way they deserve to be treated nothing more nothing less.....when they've done their time they might even think twice about going back to that sort of humiliation.

Regards + HH

Bill

That sheriff I believe is Sheriff Joe Arpaio in Arizona. Very good man and we need more like him.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Diesel,

I got the wrong state but close.....he treats the inmates the way they deserve to be treated nothing more nothing less.....when they've done their time they might even think twice about going back to that sort of humiliation.

Regards + HH

Bill

Yup, he is the man!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread