Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
What is your definition of insanity?

I used to think the defintion of insanity was: "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

I have since amended it to: "Posting the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

I feel it slipping, I feel it slipping, I feel it slipping....away...

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Kind of like the anti-gun crowd does?......You may just have a point there Crispin. Good Work!:laughing7:

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Notice I didn't limit the scope of who it applied to?
:occasion14:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

Can I take the 5th on this one....lol.....

I feel this is my cue to fire up an appropriate tune.(oops wrong tune....getting interference from the twlight zone....will get the proper link shortly).
Regards + HH

Bill

I used to think the defintion of insanity was: "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

I have since amended it to: "Posting the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Its a fine line. You know,like every body but me and you. Not to sure about you......:occasion14:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Crispin,

Can I take the 5th on this one....lol.....

I feel this is my cue to fire up an appropriate tune.(oops wrong tune....getting interference from the twlight zone....will get the proper link shortly).
Regards + HH

Bill

KEITH! My GUITAR HERO! LOL! My DSM is a bit "dated"...

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

Now you've got me pondering the deeper stuff......I wish I have that little thinking emoticon about now....anyway you get the idea......I had read somewhere or other that at some point in life 25% of people have mental issues.....so the trick is to look around and if the 3 nearest people look ok...then you're it......do I get a few points at least for being somewhat lucid???

Regards + HH

Bill

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rebel,

Or in the words of the great sage Yogi Berra...."Deja vu all over again"...lol...

Regards + HH

Bill

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Crispin, you asked my definition of insanity, it is what this govt. is doing. White house down, seriously does anything they do make sense? If it did our country would not be tearing in two, our economy would be booming like it should, and we wouldn't be hitting the debt ceiling AGAIN!:BangHead:

Even the act of :BangHead: makes more sense. At least it produces a headache!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Gosh, I'm so glad I'm rich, handsome, debonaire and above all this. Now, if I could just walk to the bathroom by myself. Maybe a little trip. I know, a hunting expedition. I saw a canadian beer commercial(Molson) that said there were beavers everywhere in Canada and that folks there drink Molson when they're chasing beavers, so I'm taking my cherished 2nd amendment rights and heading for Canada to look for and chase those beavers and, yes, drink some Molson too. . Anybody want to join me?

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Insanity.... Putting $1.25 in a Pepsi machine and expecting a Coke to pop out.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a VERY LOGICAL reason for repeating the same thing over and over. If someone is standing on the railroad tracks and there is a train coming, do you only warn them once and, if they ignore that warning, just let them stand there oblivious to their surroundings or do you try again?

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a VERY LOGICAL reason for repeating the same thing over and over. If someone is standing on the railroad tracks and there is a train coming, do you only warn them once and, if they ignore that warning, just let them stand there oblivious to their surroundings or do you try again?

Are you being serious or just playing with me? It is really hard to tell on that one. The insanity is not in doing the same thing over and over again, the insanity is in expecting different results. If you were being serious then you may have missed what I was saying.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread