Will You Submit & Obey?

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, from everything I've been told, there was a particularly brutal mass shooting here, and the government subsequently banned all semi automatics, shotguns with over a 3 round capacity, and I think some military rifles and most handguns. I went into a gun shop and was told I could not buy a gun as a foreign national, unless it shipped directly home, and then there was a ton of red tape to go through. Most people seem okay with it oddly enough. there were pretty much no guns for sale at the shop i went to that were not very low capacity rifles or pump shotguns. And most seemed to be the break over "pardner" style. They do have reasonably priced new double barrel .410 shotguns here. Something back home would be over 1000 is about 400 here. Good luck getting it out of the country though. Apparently the family guns could be exempted if the barrel was plugged. And farmers and people in rural AUS were given a permit to own a shotgun with more than a 3 round capacity on the assumption they were using it to feed their family. I expected people to be outraged but only a few people were upset, and mostly those that lost an exceptional or family firearm without knowing about the exceptions. I think people here pretty much see it as "well that's the way it goes, we have other things to worry about" - As to my comment about how laws are made here, I've been here a little over a month and have heard more "proposals" based on singular small events than I care to remember. It seems like if one person is effected, everyone needs to be affected.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread