Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Folks,

Let's take it down a notch or two if possible.....Crispin does this stuff for a living....and obviously is very good at what he does.

He's sharing his knowledge and expertize willingly and freely with the forum....at the request of certain members....enough said.

Regards + HH

Bill

Lot of problems here,that is obvious,seek the sheepskin,see for yourself if you get Better.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Folks,

Cue DJ.....lol....this should do the trick.

I couldn't watch the video cuz I got high.

Now dat's phunny...

By the way- The local cops busted a guy that was writing himself prescriptions for valium at the VA. Yep, they arrested him.

"Excuse me sir, your under arrest."

"uhh, sure, ahhhh, okay." as he falls asleep... (easy pickings)

Anybody ever hear of the cops busting a dude writing himself prescriptions for amphetamines?

Today's headline- "Police arrested a man after an eight mile foot chase." (pretty much not going to happen)

Why, cuz I got high.... too phunny....

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Worldtalker,

Point is most people regardless of education, etc......can sort things out for themselves and cope quite well with the world around them.....if and that's a big if....they have a fairly decent upbringing, and a strong enough character to deal with all the stuff that life throws at them.

I've got high school.....learned pretty much everything I know from the school of hard knocks and self taught myself devouring books and picking the brightest minds I met along the way on pretty much any subject you can think of....
philosophy, economics, negotiating skills, coin collecting and the list goes on and on.....

At the end of my career I was coaching/mentoring MBA grads in transportation marketing......

Not bragging....just fact....that said unfortunately in life some people don't have the skill sets or strong enough character to get through the maize and loose themselves along the way.

For every one of lost/misguided souls who may go postal and do something terrible.....how many get cured or at least helped by Crispin and his confreres......food for thought.

Regards + HH

Bill

Lot of problems here,that is obvious,seek the sheepskin,see for yourself if you get Better.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GIB,

I kind of thought it was an appropriate tune in a twisted sort of way....I was just adding a bit of levity to try and tone things down somewhat.

Regards + HH

Bill

I couldn't watch the video cuz I got high.

Now dat's phunny...

By the way- The local cops busted a guy that was writing himself prescriptions for valium at the VA. Yep, they arrested him.

"Excuse me sir, your under arrest."

"uhh, sure, ahhhh, okay." as he falls asleep... (easy pickings)

Anybody ever hear of the cops busting a dude writing himself prescriptions for amphetamines?

Today's headline- "Police arrested a man after an eight mile foot chase." (pretty much not going to happen)

Why, cuz I got high.... too phunny....

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Worldtalker,

Point is most people regardless of education, etc......can sort things out for themselves and cope quite well with the world around them.....if and that's a big if....they have a fairly decent upbringing, and a strong enough character to deal with all the stuff that life throws at them.

I've got high school.....learned pretty much everything I know from the school of hard knocks and self taught myself devouring books and picking the brightest minds I met along the way on pretty much any subject you can think of....
philosophy, economics, negotiating skills, coin collecting and the list goes on and on.....

At the end of my career I was coaching/mentoring MBA grads in transportation marketing......

Not bragging....just fact....that said unfortunately in life some people don't have the skill sets or strong enough character to get through the maize and loose themselves along the way.

For every one of lost/misguided souls who may go postal and do something terrible.....how many get cured or at least helped by Crispin and his confreres......food for thought.

Regards + HH

Bill

Bill, I always enjoy picking minds,sounds like much of my up bringing,I got over it,how many do?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everyone

:laughing9: I take meds every day &do not care what any one says about it .The thread starter was just giving out some info on some meds 7 their prices / then ham guy :tongue3: had to say something smart a^^&*.Every one has an opinion on these matters from drugs to guns. gotta go wifes mad "as usual" :BangHead:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
:laughing9: I take meds every day &do not care what any one says about it .The thread starter was just giving out some info on some meds 7 their prices / then ham guy :tongue3: had to say something smart a^^&*.Every one has an opinion on these matters from drugs to guns. gotta go wifes mad "as usual" :BangHead:[/QUOT

You surely fit the bill,welcome.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Davers,

Certainly no problem being on meds.....if you join these threads and participate and don't take any.....trust me it's just a matter of time before you need them....been there and done that....lol....

Regards + HH

Bill

PYRATE

Jun 24, 2012
Cackalacky
Detector(s) used
arrr, just need me nose
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Simple changes in outlook, diet and physical activity will help the vast majority of folks who suffer from depression with or without a pill.

My simple answer to your question is: Yes, antidepressants are too expensive (because for most folk, the best cure comes from within, not from a pharmacy)

1. It is not that 'simple.' People try those things. Diet and exercise are helpful for general well-being but they do not treat a chemical imbalance.
2. I don't remember asking a question about if antidepressants were too expensive. I was giving information on the costs.

Pyrate, I'm not trying to attack you or make an example out of you. What qualifies you to make this statement? You are propagating more stigma associated with depression. You are making it harder for your loved ones to get help if they need it. You say there are studies that do both...unless you went to medical school then you are not qualified to interpret them. I don't walk around looking at blueprints of engineers and inserting my two cents. I don't stand behind my mechanic and suggest how he change the oil. If you are not a doctor...

Somebody asked what qualifies me as an 'expert.' 4 years of undergrad (major in psych, masters in psych,) 4 years of medical school, 4 years of residency, 4 years of working with this pt. population. If you want to go ahead and discard my opinion for yours then I certainly hope you have some education behind that.

Don't give me that money crap either. I've won three awards for community service (all volunteer work.) Almost half the patients I see in the hospital do not have insurance; and hence, I don't get paid. But you know what I do pay for? Malpractice insurance. All those patients who I get up at 2am in the morning to go help and never pay me a dime...you guessed it, they can sue me for any old reason they want.

Somebody hit a nerve? Yeah...you could say that.

Crispin[/QUOTE]

I don't take it as an attack, it is a disagreement short and simple.

My qualifications: Like you, I'm a person on the internet, nothing more or less.

I might be a highly skilled researcher with some medical background.
I might know and love more than a couple of people who have suffered from a chemical imbalance because antidepressants were prescribed by an MD when they should not have been.

I'm not discounting your training or profession, I'm just simply saying that the vast majority of people who are being prescribed antidepressants do not need them and those who do need them will not be cured without additional measures being implemented. This is far from "propagating stigma" or any such nonsense, this is an opinion shared by many in the medical field.

The brain is the most complicated mechanism known to man. For the most part, we still do not know how it works.

Yes, prescribing antidepressants for simple unhappiness is currently considered to be an acceptable medical practice, but we must not forget that it wasn't too long ago that violent shock therapy and leeches were considered acceptable practices.

tumblr_m74vufJdMe1qg29k1o1_500.jpg

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A post of mine from a few weeks ago was mentioned at the beginning of this thread, about the money being made from drugs of this type.

Here's some news showing that profits are down, Pfizer only earned 4.7 billion last quarter.:icon_scratch:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/abrambrown/2012/07/31/pfizer-q2-profit-up-25-despite-stinging-loss-of-lipitor/

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No need for meds in my family. My mom had a cure for imbalances and she had a sentance to warn you, before she would use it.
Went something like; "You just better get a grip on your self right now"!

Crispin, what test(s) is/are given to determine a chemical imbalance?

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
No need for meds in my family. My mom had a cure for imbalances and she had a sentance to warn you, before she would use it.
Went something like; "You just better get a grip on your self right now"!

Crispin, what test(s) is/are given to determine a chemical imbalance?

There is not a test. I can't put a needle in your brain and draw off the fluids within a synapse without kill you or causing major harm. I wish there was a test, it would make my job a lot easier. Depression is genetic, much like diabetes. The majority of people do not have depression in their families, just like the majority of people do not have diabetes in their family.

The Earth is flat...makes sense.
The Sun revolves around the earth...I can see it cross the sky throughout the day.
Depression is not a chemical imbalance.

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
A post of mine from a few weeks ago was mentioned at the beginning of this thread, about the money being made from drugs of this type.

Here's some news showing that profits are down, Pfizer only earned 4.7 billion last quarter.:icon_scratch:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/abrambrown/2012/07/31/pfizer-q2-profit-up-25-despite-stinging-loss-of-lipitor/

Pfizer produces a lot of drugs that are not psychotropics. I'm not sure if they have any current psychotropic drugs that are not generic. Do you know of any?

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If people still done some the old ways...like being out side more with nature, tending to their garden or animals, eating food from the earth and not from a box and interacting with fellow humans and not sitting on the couch watching hours and hours of TV comparing their life to what they SEE....a lot of this would be unheard of. To say that you are born depressed...is just repeating what TV has TOLD you to believe, heaven forbid people have to think for themselves anymore...If you had to grow your own food, hand wash your own cloths and interact with other people to trade goods to survive...you wouldn't have time to be depressed, you would only have enough time to make a living...

Now I will probably get jumped on for this post, but by all means this is fact..when you base your life around material things, and lose the path of living the right way..I think I would set around with nothing to do, but think about what else I don't have...and I would get depressed as well...

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
If people still done some the old ways...like being out side more with nature, tending to their garden or animals, eating food from the earth and not from a box and interacting with fellow humans and not sitting on the couch watching hours and hours of TV comparing their life to what they SEE....a lot of this would be unheard of. To say that you are born depressed...is just repeating what TV has TOLD you to believe, heaven forbid people have to think for themselves anymore...If you had to grow your own food, hand wash your own cloths and interact with other people to trade goods to survive...you wouldn't have time to be depressed, you would only have enough time to make a living...

Now I will probably get jumped on for this post, but by all means this is fact..when you base your life around material things, and lose the path of living the right way..I think I would set around with nothing to do, but think about what else I don't have...and I would get depressed as well...

BlueDragon: I am not going to jump on you. I am not going to argue with you either. I have been down this path twice with you already and I have no desire to do it again. Here is my one response:

You are wrong. You are tragically wrong.

I'm not going to respond to any more of your posts on Mental Illness. We have nothing to discuss with each other on the matter. I would prefer if you not post your thoughts on my thread. However, I can't stop you.

Crispin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread