Cost of Antidepressants - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 84
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Cost of Antidepressants

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #31
    us
    Adventure1

    Jan 2013
    North central Pa.
    Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
    2,488
    951 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    So you are recommending that instead of addressing depression in young adults with help and medication that they do drugs instead? Just out of curiosity...does anybody take this guy's opinion seriously anymore?

    Crispin
    I would'nt take that comment to literally he's probaly just joking.. I for one hate and despise all drugs and yes pot is a drug.. If there was one thing in this country that we could truly get rid of and this would be the best place in my opinion to start..
    God made man.. Sam Colt made them equal

  2. #32
    us
    Jun 2012
    Central Florida
    Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
    3,574
    2852 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankn View Post
    Crispin, What do you think caused the shooting at Sandy hook school? The press said the medal condition he had was not dangerous. Frank

    Attachment 735335
    Frank,

    I don't know if you got a chance to see it but I skirted around this issue in a thread called "personality disorders" a little bit ago. This is an extremely difficult question to answer. Honestly, I don't know. What I can tell you is that he had to have antisocial personality disorder; but, this is not the cause.

    Shooting unarmed adults is sadistic in and of itself. However, you can always blame that on some kind of screwed up rebellion or underlying Freudian issue. This kid pulled the trigger at point blank range and executed one screaming, crying child after another. There is no Axis I condition that causes that. No drug or mental illness leads to this. Truly, it is beyond my comprehension. It is an unfathomable evil.

    If anybody has any ideas, I'm listening. This is way beyond anything I've ever encountered or read about. (and I've worked in prisons.)

    Crispin

  3. #33
    ca
    Oct 2011
    Quebec
    14,057
    41050 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Crispin/folks,

    There's some sick people out there.....here's one from my own backyard in Montreal from last spring....it's beyond my comprehension how someone can be that evil....boggles the mind whether you're in that line of work or a lay person.

    Luka Rocco Magnotta murder and dismemberment trial resumes | Canada | News | National Post

  4. #34

    Jun 2012
    Cackalacky
    arrr, just need me nose
    234
    91 times
    Prospecting
    There is a lot of evidence showing that antidepressants do not work. There is also a lot of evidence that antidepressants do work.

    Those who back the finding that they don't work have suggested that the people who were cured of depression in the positive studies were cured despite the antidepressants, not because of the antidepressants.

    Those who back the finding that they do work have suppressed the negative studies and many even deny their existence.

    Regardless, everyone states that depression cannot be fixed with a pill alone.

    Simple changes in outlook, diet and physical activity will help the vast majority of folks who suffer from depression with or without a pill.

    My simple answer to your question is: Yes, antidepressants are too expensive (because for most folk, the best cure comes from within, not from a pharmacy)

  5. #35
    us
    Jun 2012
    Central Florida
    Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
    3,574
    2852 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member
    Simple changes in outlook, diet and physical activity will help the vast majority of folks who suffer from depression with or without a pill.

    My simple answer to your question is: Yes, antidepressants are too expensive (because for most folk, the best cure comes from within, not from a pharmacy)[/QUOTE]

    1. It is not that 'simple.' People try those things. Diet and exercise are helpful for general well-being but they do not treat a chemical imbalance.
    2. I don't remember asking a question about if antidepressants were too expensive. I was giving information on the costs.

    Pyrate, I'm not trying to attack you or make an example out of you. What qualifies you to make this statement? You are propagating more stigma associated with depression. You are making it harder for your loved ones to get help if they need it. You say there are studies that do both...unless you went to medical school then you are not qualified to interpret them. I don't walk around looking at blueprints of engineers and inserting my two cents. I don't stand behind my mechanic and suggest how he change the oil. If you are not a doctor...

    Somebody asked what qualifies me as an 'expert.' 4 years of undergrad (major in psych, masters in psych,) 4 years of medical school, 4 years of residency, 4 years of working with this pt. population. If you want to go ahead and discard my opinion for yours then I certainly hope you have some education behind that.

    Don't give me that money crap either. I've won three awards for community service (all volunteer work.) Almost half the patients I see in the hospital do not have insurance; and hence, I don't get paid. But you know what I do pay for? Malpractice insurance. All those patients who I get up at 2am in the morning to go help and never pay me a dime...you guessed it, they can sue me for any old reason they want.

    Somebody hit a nerve? Yeah...you could say that.

    Crispin

  6. #36
    Charter Member
    us
    Chris

    May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    14,157
    20538 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by PYRATE View Post
    There is a lot of evidence showing that antidepressants do not work. There is also a lot of evidence that antidepressants do work.

    Those who back the finding that they don't work have suggested that the people who were cured of depression in the positive studies were cured despite the antidepressants, not because of the antidepressants.

    Those who back the finding that they do work have suppressed the negative studies and many even deny their existence.

    Regardless, everyone states that depression cannot be fixed with a pill alone.

    Simple changes in outlook, diet and physical activity will help the vast majority of folks who suffer from depression with or without a pill.

    My simple answer to your question is: Yes, antidepressants are too expensive (because for most folk, the best cure comes from within, not from a pharmacy)
    GodBless Brother.
    EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM?

    ​The Key...http://antidoteforall.com/

    For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

  7. #37
    Charter Member
    us
    Chris

    May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    14,157
    20538 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Simple changes in outlook, diet and physical activity will help the vast majority of folks who suffer from depression with or without a pill.

    My simple answer to your question is: Yes, antidepressants are too expensive (because for most folk, the best cure comes from within, not from a pharmacy)
    1. It is not that 'simple.' People try those things. Diet and exercise are helpful for general well-being but they do not treat a chemical imbalance.
    2. I don't remember asking a question about if antidepressants were too expensive. I was giving information on the costs.

    Pyrate, I'm not trying to attack you or make an example out of you. What qualifies you to make this statement? You are propagating more stigma associated with depression. You are making it harder for your loved ones to get help if they need it. You say there are studies that do both...unless you went to medical school then you are not qualified to interpret them. I don't walk around looking at blueprints of engineers and inserting my two cents. I don't stand behind my mechanic and suggest how he change the oil. If you are not a doctor...

    Somebody asked what qualifies me as an 'expert.' 4 years of undergrad (major in psych, masters in psych,) 4 years of medical school, 4 years of residency, 4 years of working with this pt. population. If you want to go ahead and discard my opinion for yours then I certainly hope you have some education behind that.

    Don't give me that money crap either. I've won three awards for community service (all volunteer work.) Almost half the patients I see in the hospital do not have insurance; and hence, I don't get paid. But you know what I do pay for? Malpractice insurance. All those patients who I get up at 2am in the morning to go help and never pay me a dime...you guessed it, they can sue me for any old reason they want.

    Somebody hit a nerve? Yeah...you could say that.

    Crispin[/QUOTE]

    Does that make you other than common folk?
    EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM?

    ​The Key...http://antidoteforall.com/

    For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

  8. #38
    us
    Jun 2012
    Central Florida
    Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
    3,574
    2852 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by worldtalker View Post
    1. It is not that 'simple.' People try those things. Diet and exercise are helpful for general well-being but they do not treat a chemical imbalance.
    2. I don't remember asking a question about if antidepressants were too expensive. I was giving information on the costs.

    Pyrate, I'm not trying to attack you or make an example out of you. What qualifies you to make this statement? You are propagating more stigma associated with depression. You are making it harder for your loved ones to get help if they need it. You say there are studies that do both...unless you went to medical school then you are not qualified to interpret them. I don't walk around looking at blueprints of engineers and inserting my two cents. I don't stand behind my mechanic and suggest how he change the oil. If you are not a doctor...

    Somebody asked what qualifies me as an 'expert.' 4 years of undergrad (major in psych, masters in psych,) 4 years of medical school, 4 years of residency, 4 years of working with this pt. population. If you want to go ahead and discard my opinion for yours then I certainly hope you have some education behind that.

    Don't give me that money crap either. I've won three awards for community service (all volunteer work.) Almost half the patients I see in the hospital do not have insurance; and hence, I don't get paid. But you know what I do pay for? Malpractice insurance. All those patients who I get up at 2am in the morning to go help and never pay me a dime...you guessed it, they can sue me for any old reason they want.

    Somebody hit a nerve? Yeah...you could say that.

    Crispin
    Does that make you other than common folk?[/QUOTE]

    I don't even know what you are talking about anymore. However, I have one last thing to say to you. If you are ever unfortunate enough to find yourself in need of my services, if it is I who attends your bedside, and if you do not have a penny to pay me...I would still consider it an honor to be your physician.

    Crispin

  9. #39
    ca
    Oct 2011
    Quebec
    14,057
    41050 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Folks,

    Let's take it down a notch or two if possible.....Crispin does this stuff for a living....and obviously is very good at what he does.

    He's sharing his knowledge and expertize willingly and freely with the forum....at the request of certain members....enough said.

    Regards + HH

    Bill

  10. #40

    Jun 2007
    21,327
    13773 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bill from lachine View Post
    Folks,

    Let's take it down a notch or two if possible.....Crispin does this stuff for a living....and obviously is very good at what he does.

    He's sharing his knowledge and expertize willingly and freely with the forum....at the request of certain members....enough said.

    Regards + HH

    Bill
    AGREE!
    bill from lachine likes this.

  11. #41
    Charter Member
    us
    Chris

    May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    14,157
    20538 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bill from lachine View Post
    Folks,

    Let's take it down a notch or two if possible.....Crispin does this stuff for a living....and obviously is very good at what he does.

    He's sharing his knowledge and expertize willingly and freely with the forum....at the request of certain members....enough said.

    Regards + HH

    Bill

    Lot of problems here,that is obvious,seek the sheepskin,see for yourself if you get Better.
    B1u3Dr4g0n1 likes this.
    EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM?

    ​The Key...http://antidoteforall.com/

    For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

  12. #42

    Jun 2007
    21,327
    13773 times
    Quote Originally Posted by worldtalker View Post
    Lot of problems here,that is obvious,seek the sheepskin,see for yourself if you get Better.
    Do YOU have a HIGH SCHOOL "sheep-skin"...?

  13. #43
    us
    Just another Guy In Back

    Feb 2007
    The Mangrove Coast
    CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
    7,126
    8363 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member, Deliverer of World Peace
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by bill from lachine View Post
    Folks,

    Cue DJ.....lol....this should do the trick.

    I couldn't watch the video cuz I got high.

    Now dat's phunny...

    By the way- The local cops busted a guy that was writing himself prescriptions for valium at the VA. Yep, they arrested him.

    "Excuse me sir, your under arrest."

    "uhh, sure, ahhhh, okay." as he falls asleep... (easy pickings)

    Anybody ever hear of the cops busting a dude writing himself prescriptions for amphetamines?

    Today's headline- "Police arrested a man after an eight mile foot chase." (pretty much not going to happen)

    Why, cuz I got high.... too phunny....
    bill from lachine likes this.
    Get up late... Start slow... Taper off...

    I am a second level vegetarian. Cow's eat grass. I eat cows.

  14. #44
    Charter Member
    us
    Chris

    May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    14,157
    20538 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    Do YOU have a HIGH SCHOOL "sheep-skin"...?
    Shoot no Rebal,I got thrown out of school in my senior year,72,told me " don't ever come back"just couldn't "learn their way",but,I am by no means stupid dude.
    EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM?

    ​The Key...http://antidoteforall.com/

    For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

  15. #45
    ca
    Oct 2011
    Quebec
    14,057
    41050 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Worldtalker,

    Point is most people regardless of education, etc......can sort things out for themselves and cope quite well with the world around them.....if and that's a big if....they have a fairly decent upbringing, and a strong enough character to deal with all the stuff that life throws at them.

    I've got high school.....learned pretty much everything I know from the school of hard knocks and self taught myself devouring books and picking the brightest minds I met along the way on pretty much any subject you can think of....
    philosophy, economics, negotiating skills, coin collecting and the list goes on and on.....

    At the end of my career I was coaching/mentoring MBA grads in transportation marketing......

    Not bragging....just fact....that said unfortunately in life some people don't have the skill sets or strong enough character to get through the maize and loose themselves along the way.

    For every one of lost/misguided souls who may go postal and do something terrible.....how many get cured or at least helped by Crispin and his confreres......food for thought.

    Regards + HH

    Bill



    Quote Originally Posted by worldtalker View Post
    Lot of problems here,that is obvious,seek the sheepskin,see for yourself if you get Better.

 

 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. How much does CRH cost you?
    By BuffaloBoy in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: Jun 06, 2012, 09:22 PM
  2. The cost of marriage
    By spartacus53 in forum Comedy Central
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Dec 20, 2011, 10:38 AM
  3. What do you think it cost?
    By Georges Minelab Safari in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Aug 03, 2011, 04:03 PM
  4. cost of appraisals
    By maipenrai in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jan 27, 2011, 05:38 PM
  5. Box cost?
    By damz68 in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jan 22, 2007, 07:28 PM

Search tags for this page

antidepressant $4 cost pharmacy ohio
,
antidepressant cost in ohio
,
average price for antidepressants in florida
,

cost of antidepressants

,
costs of ssri's
,
crispin anti depressants
,
faciousus
,
general price of antidepressants
,
what is the average cost of antideppressants
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0