pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Antidepressants don't kill people, Guns kill people.
No guns don't kill people. Peoples actions with guns kill people. I have never had a gun chase me around on it's own.. Also antidepressants don't kill people either.. The people who are on these drugs actions are what hurts other people.. It is a double edged sword no matter how you look at it.. If your going to compare one please compare the other fairly too.

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
No guns don't kill people. Peoples actions with guns kill people. I have never had a gun chase me around on it's own.. Also antidepressants don't kill people either.. The people who are on these drugs actions are what hurts other people.. It is a double edged sword no matter how you look at it.. If your going to compare one please compare the other fairly too.

I was being faciousus. Worldtalker is unable to provide any meaningful thought in this thread so I was throwing him a bone.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was being faciousus. Worldtalker is unable to provide any meaningful thought in this thread so I was throwing him a bone.
I understand.. All I was trying to say is wether it be a gun or a pill.. If it is in the hands of the wrong person at the wrong time they can both be very dangerous... Guns like pills are both harmless on their own.. But add an iresponsible or an unbalanced person to the equation and now we have a problem..

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

May not be meaningful to an "expert",but,how many of the people involved in ALL school shootings were taking them? Innocent lives lost as I said,it means something to me,and,I'm a nobody!!!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Crispin, What do you think caused the shooting at Sandy hook school? The press said the medal condition he had was not dangerous. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smoke pot,it's cheaper and is better for you.

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll toke to that.

So you are recommending that instead of addressing depression in young adults with help and medication that they do drugs instead? Just out of curiosity...does anybody take this guy's opinion seriously anymore?

Crispin

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you are recommending that instead of addressing depression in young adults with help and medication that they do drugs instead? Just out of curiosity...does anybody take this guy's opinion seriously anymore?

Crispin
I would'nt take that comment to literally he's probaly just joking.. I for one hate and despise all drugs and yes pot is a drug.. If there was one thing in this country that we could truly get rid of and this would be the best place in my opinion to start..

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Crispin, What do you think caused the shooting at Sandy hook school? The press said the medal condition he had was not dangerous. Frank

View attachment 735335

Frank,

I don't know if you got a chance to see it but I skirted around this issue in a thread called "personality disorders" a little bit ago. This is an extremely difficult question to answer. Honestly, I don't know. What I can tell you is that he had to have antisocial personality disorder; but, this is not the cause.

Shooting unarmed adults is sadistic in and of itself. However, you can always blame that on some kind of screwed up rebellion or underlying Freudian issue. This kid pulled the trigger at point blank range and executed one screaming, crying child after another. There is no Axis I condition that causes that. No drug or mental illness leads to this. Truly, it is beyond my comprehension. It is an unfathomable evil.

If anybody has any ideas, I'm listening. This is way beyond anything I've ever encountered or read about. (and I've worked in prisons.)

Crispin

PYRATE

Jun 24, 2012
Cackalacky
Detector(s) used
arrr, just need me nose
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is a lot of evidence showing that antidepressants do not work. There is also a lot of evidence that antidepressants do work.

Those who back the finding that they don't work have suggested that the people who were cured of depression in the positive studies were cured despite the antidepressants, not because of the antidepressants.

Those who back the finding that they do work have suppressed the negative studies and many even deny their existence.

Regardless, everyone states that depression cannot be fixed with a pill alone.

Simple changes in outlook, diet and physical activity will help the vast majority of folks who suffer from depression with or without a pill.

My simple answer to your question is: Yes, antidepressants are too expensive (because for most folk, the best cure comes from within, not from a pharmacy)

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Simple changes in outlook, diet and physical activity will help the vast majority of folks who suffer from depression with or without a pill.

My simple answer to your question is: Yes, antidepressants are too expensive (because for most folk, the best cure comes from within, not from a pharmacy)[/QUOTE]

1. It is not that 'simple.' People try those things. Diet and exercise are helpful for general well-being but they do not treat a chemical imbalance.
2. I don't remember asking a question about if antidepressants were too expensive. I was giving information on the costs.

Pyrate, I'm not trying to attack you or make an example out of you. What qualifies you to make this statement? You are propagating more stigma associated with depression. You are making it harder for your loved ones to get help if they need it. You say there are studies that do both...unless you went to medical school then you are not qualified to interpret them. I don't walk around looking at blueprints of engineers and inserting my two cents. I don't stand behind my mechanic and suggest how he change the oil. If you are not a doctor...

Somebody asked what qualifies me as an 'expert.' 4 years of undergrad (major in psych, masters in psych,) 4 years of medical school, 4 years of residency, 4 years of working with this pt. population. If you want to go ahead and discard my opinion for yours then I certainly hope you have some education behind that.

Don't give me that money crap either. I've won three awards for community service (all volunteer work.) Almost half the patients I see in the hospital do not have insurance; and hence, I don't get paid. But you know what I do pay for? Malpractice insurance. All those patients who I get up at 2am in the morning to go help and never pay me a dime...you guessed it, they can sue me for any old reason they want.

Somebody hit a nerve? Yeah...you could say that.

Crispin

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a lot of evidence showing that antidepressants do not work. There is also a lot of evidence that antidepressants do work.

Those who back the finding that they don't work have suggested that the people who were cured of depression in the positive studies were cured despite the antidepressants, not because of the antidepressants.

Those who back the finding that they do work have suppressed the negative studies and many even deny their existence.

Regardless, everyone states that depression cannot be fixed with a pill alone.

My simple answer to your question is: Yes, antidepressants are too expensive (because for most folk, the best cure comes from within, not from a pharmacy)

GodBless Brother.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

1. It is not that 'simple.' People try those things. Diet and exercise are helpful for general well-being but they do not treat a chemical imbalance.
2. I don't remember asking a question about if antidepressants were too expensive. I was giving information on the costs.

Pyrate, I'm not trying to attack you or make an example out of you. What qualifies you to make this statement? You are propagating more stigma associated with depression. You are making it harder for your loved ones to get help if they need it. You say there are studies that do both...unless you went to medical school then you are not qualified to interpret them. I don't walk around looking at blueprints of engineers and inserting my two cents. I don't stand behind my mechanic and suggest how he change the oil. If you are not a doctor...

Somebody asked what qualifies me as an 'expert.' 4 years of undergrad (major in psych, masters in psych,) 4 years of medical school, 4 years of residency, 4 years of working with this pt. population. If you want to go ahead and discard my opinion for yours then I certainly hope you have some education behind that.

Don't give me that money crap either. I've won three awards for community service (all volunteer work.) Almost half the patients I see in the hospital do not have insurance; and hence, I don't get paid. But you know what I do pay for? Malpractice insurance. All those patients who I get up at 2am in the morning to go help and never pay me a dime...you guessed it, they can sue me for any old reason they want.

Crispin[/QUOTE]

Does that make you other than common folk?

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Crispin

Does that make you other than common folk?[/QUOTE]

I don't even know what you are talking about anymore. However, I have one last thing to say to you. If you are ever unfortunate enough to find yourself in need of my services, if it is I who attends your bedside, and if you do not have a penny to pay me...I would still consider it an honor to be your physician.

Crispin

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Let's take it down a notch or two if possible.....Crispin does this stuff for a living....and obviously is very good at what he does.

He's sharing his knowledge and expertize willingly and freely with the forum....at the request of certain members....enough said.

Regards + HH

Bill

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Folks,

Let's take it down a notch or two if possible.....Crispin does this stuff for a living....and obviously is very good at what he does.

He's sharing his knowledge and expertize willingly and freely with the forum....at the request of certain members....enough said.

Regards + HH

Bill

AGREE!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread