0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
B1u3Dr4g0n1 said:
If people still done some the old ways...like being out side more with nature, tending to their garden or animals, eating food from the earth and not from a box and interacting with fellow humans and not sitting on the couch watching hours and hours of TV comparing their life to what they SEE....a lot of this would be unheard of. To say that you are born depressed...is just repeating what TV has TOLD you to believe, heaven forbid people have to think for themselves anymore...If you had to grow your own food, hand wash your own cloths and interact with other people to trade goods to survive...you wouldn't have time to be depressed, you would only have enough time to make a living...

Now I will probably get jumped on for this post, but by all means this is fact..when you base your life around material things, and lose the path of living the right way..I think I would set around with nothing to do, but think about what else I don't have...and I would get depressed as well...

Completely agree - I'm am a strict adherent to the simplicity movement. Too many people get sucked into the more is better game that's drummed into our heads from birth and reinforced by big biz and gov in the name of "growth and prosperity". Dropped out of the corporate game at 42 and dedicating my years to pursuing health and happiness for myself and others. Best.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
0121stockpicker said:
Completely agree - I'm am a strict adherent to the simplicity movement. Too many people get sucked into the more is better game that's drummed into our heads from birth and reinforced by big biz and gov in the name of "growth and prosperity". Dropped out of the corporate game at 42 and dedicating my years to pursuing health and happiness for myself and others. Best.

But obviously there are many people out there with real physical and mental problems that benefit greatly from what modern medicine has to offer.

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BlueDragon: I am not going to jump on you. I am not going to argue with you either. I have been down this path twice with you already and I have no desire to do it again. Here is my one response:

You are wrong. You are tragically wrong.

I'm not going to respond to any more of your posts on Mental Illness. We have nothing to discuss with each other on the matter. I would prefer if you not post your thoughts on my thread. However, I can't stop you.

Crispin

I fully understand, your way of thinking is just like 60% of this Great Country...that is why we are here today, to even be able to talk about this topic is a shame. Giving more weight to what I said above...if we had to do those things to survive in this day and age, we wouldn't have time for this forum, let alone being depressed about something..God bless you.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just pay $11.00 a year for my antidepressant :laughing7: It works too :tongue3:

I know, you're just dying to know what I'm talking about. If your good, maybe I'll share this golden secret :icon_thumright:

P.S. I'm no doctor, but I would prescribe this for many. And yes, I can legally dispense this info :icon_thumright:

Last edited:

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Excellent...^^^ You are on the path of true happiness and to be at peace with your self and your surroundings..

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
I just pay $11.00 a year for my antidepressant :laughing7: It works too :tongue3:

I know, you're just dying to know what I'm talking about. If your good, maybe I'll share this golden secret :icon_thumright:

Yearly Rabies Vaccine? You getting a good price on that. My puppy's is fifty bucks a year.

Crisp

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
B1u3Dr4g0n1 said:
Excellent...^^^ You are on the path of true happiness and to be at peace with your self and your surroundings..

You would enjoy looking into the old religious group called the Shaker. Sounds like you might agree with one if their mottos - Hands to work, hearts to god. I spend a lot of time with one the groups few remaining members. Back in the 1800s they were well known for their longevity with many centenarian members when the average life expectancy was half that, etc.

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would enjoy looking into the old religious group called the Shaker. Sounds like you might agree with one if their mottos - Hands to work, hearts to god. I spend a lot of time with one the groups few remaining members. Back in the 1800s they were well known for their longevity with many centenarian members when the average life expectancy was half that, etc.

This is true, if you are not doing, that means you are only watching...idol hands will get you now where in life..

If the body isn't worked hard , it and the mind become weak.

Last edited:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yearly Rabies Vaccine? You getting a good price on that. My puppy's is fifty bucks a year.

Crisp

Not even close :laughing7: Actually, the is the going rate for a subscription to MAD Magazine. Although I haven't read one in decades, I've always found laughter to be the best medicine :icon_thumright:

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crisp what did the American Indians take? Before whiskey? Is that why cliffs were made? Seems they lasted many years without our help.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
onfire said:
Crisp what did the American Indians take? Before whiskey? Is that why cliffs were made? Seems they lasted many years without our help.

Ill let crisp give the specific herbs, etc they used but what I can tell you for a definite fact was that life expectancy was terribly low in the "good old days". The Native Americans were almost completely wiped out by sickness and disease. Go to any colonial graveyard and look at all the dead children, mothers from birth, etc, etc. we dropped like flies from illnesses that we consider trivial now a days. Thank god above for modern medicine and modern medical practitioners. If not for them you could be dying right now from "consumption" or the flu and on the table being bled to put your humours back in balance. The good old days were definitely not better. Just my 2 cents - best.

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill let crisp give the specific herbs, etc they used but what I can tell you for a definite fact was that life expectancy was terribly low in the "good old days". The Native Americans were almost completely wiped out by sickness and disease. Go to any colonial graveyard and look at all the dead children, mothers from birth, etc, etc. we dropped like flies from illnesses that we consider trivial now a days. Thank god above for modern medicine and modern medical practitioners. If not for them you could be dying right now from "consumption" or the flu and on the table being bled to put your humours back in balance. The good old days were definitely not better. Just my 2 cents - best.

Keep in mind a lot of the sickness was brought over by us folks back then while trading with them and moving them off the land...

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other

Onfire: I don't know much about American Indian medicine. I have heard that some tribes smoke Peyote. The active ingredient in Peyote is a hallucinogen called Mescalin. I'm not sure if I have ever seen anybody who has smoked Peyote when they were under the effects. It is possible I have and I didn't know but nobody has ever told me. Hallucinogens, in general, are nasty stuff, best to be avoided.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
worldtalker said:
People on antidepressants using a gun I might add.

I hope you wouldn't dream of telling a red blooded American patriot that they can't have a gun just because they are on an antidepressant. I guess I missed that part of the second.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Onfire: I don't know much about American Indian medicine. I have heard that some tribes smoke Peyote. The active ingredient in Peyote is a hallucinogen called Mescalin. I'm not sure if I have ever seen anybody who has smoked Peyote when they were under the effects. It is possible I have and I didn't know but nobody has ever told me. Hallucinogens, in general, are nasty stuff, best to be avoided.

Peyote was part of a "religious" ritual, NOT everyday Life.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread