Is cancer dead?*******

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I just read a reply to a story in Smithonian-May'12. I didn't read the story itself. If interested, go for it.
Basicly it stated that a Dr. Druker has developed the drug Gleevec. It further implies that the drug either cured, or kept in check (CML), chronic myeloid leukemia. I believe this is the form of cancer that attacks the T cells, or white corpussels in the blood. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my friend had luke yrs back and is fine now , im pretty sure thats one that can be cured . he blamed it on using windex and T bowl cleaners every day for yrs.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
I just read a reply to a story in Smithonian-May'12. I didn't read the story itself. If interested, go for it.
Basicly it stated that a Dr. Druker has developed the drug Gleevec. It further implies that the drug either cured, or kept in check (CML), chronic myeloid leukemia. I believe this is the form of cancer that attacks the T cells, or white corpussels in the blood. Frank

View attachment 737833

Chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) cannot be cured by using Gleevac. CML is an acceleration in the growth rate of cells in the bone marrow. The bone marrow generates precursor cells that go on to develop different lines of cells in the immune response system as well as red blood cells. It does not 'attack' T Cells. HIV attacks T cells. The only way to cure CML would be to completely kill the bone marrow and then do a bone marrow transplant.

There is no reason to do a bone marrow transplant because it has a high mortality rate and 95% of patients respond well to Gleevec and are doing well at 5 year survival studies. The cancer is in remission but it is not "cured."

Gleevec has been around for over 10 years. It revolutionized the treatment of CML.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread