bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Paisley,

We'll if you wish to join our motley crew just say the word always room for one more.

Regards + HH

Bill

I happen to agree with Crispin. I'm not worried, I'm hoping for the best & prepared for the worst! It's the ones that RUN the government that I feel need to be stopped and stopped really quickly! That's my 2 cents worth...just sayin'!

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks music man! :)

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Barb,

Music for some reason or other is part of my DNA....it helps to keep me grounded and sane in a crazy world....if that makes any sense...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Thanks music man! :)

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure does! :)

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott,

Glad to hear you had a good day and experience, you provided a possible gift of life. My wife has been lab tech foe the Red Cross Blood services for nigh on to 35 years, and has been in the forefront of a lot of advances that have been discovered in the blood field, and the vast uses for all of it's componants. The bone marrow program interested her quite a while ago, I joined later.

How did you get a landlord to drop off 5000 pennies to sort through? Great connections to have. Have a relaxing evening. Gary

Whenever the bank has a bag of cents to send to the Fed, he buys them and brings them to me and I buy them from him.
He does this for me 'cause I help him sometimes work on his race cars.

I look through them and then roll up the ones I don't want and take them to several retail stores that buy $5-$10 worth.
Forget about coinstar....

I look for Wheaties, errors and pre '82 coppers.
It helps to keep me out of trouble, don't cha know....

Best,

Scott

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep politics out of the replies please.

Previous post deleted.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello everybody,

I've asked Treasure Hunter to change the title of the thread to "List of People who appreciate good music." I think our group's mission statement needs to change with the times...that sounded like a good one to me.

Crispin

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about adding to that and the finer things in life or something that opens it up a bit..just a thought: )

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

Yeah I agree with Squiggy.....one of those things you/we should sleep on....music, fine food, maybe the odd beer or wine and open to various options.....personally I consider myself a bit of a globalist as to my interests and I'm sure
other members are open to lots of other stuff....kind of off the wall or outside the box thinking, etc.....

I think I'll poor a glass of wine and mull this one over some more....lol...

Regards + HH

Bill

Hello everybody,

I've asked Treasure Hunter to change the title of the thread to "List of People who appreciate good music." I think our group's mission statement needs to change with the times...that sounded like a good one to me.

Crispin

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Crispin has seen fit to honor my request to serve as Dir. of Fish and Game, I feel that it's time to offer up tasty recipes from the bounty that lives in our natural environment, and accompanying cocktails I hope that these additions will do justice to the fine selection of nightly music that is served to us all.

Tonights entres:

2 oz. Bicardi Oatheart spiced rum, served over ice with ginger ale. ( any good spiced rum will do)

Tonight we are having a sautéed mixture of , fiddle head ferns, wild ramps, and fresh caught brook trout.

very simple to prepare: Clean and rinse the ramps and f-heads,(you only use the end bulb, and 1 in. of the ramp)
In a skillet, I like one of cast iron, add olive oil, some crushed garlic, and hot pepper flakes to taste,
sautee over med-high heat 3-5 min.( do not burn or over cook, should be el-dente
Clean and prepare some fresh brook trout, and cook until tender and browned, about 2min./side.

Can be eaten as is, or served over rice.

Nature's Bounty is the ultimate cupboard, and the foraging for these wild edibles is the real treasure hunt! Hope you enjoy, and now back to the night's music. Gary

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gary,

Sounds like a meal fit for a King or a Queen.....as a kid growing up in New Brunswick I ate a load of fiddlehead green and still buy them fresh or frozen to this day.....and the brook trout are hard to beat....thanks for the memories....

I'll rummage through my playlist and try to come up with some worthy music for you and the folks to enjoy!

Regards + HH

Bill

As Crispin has seen fit to honor my request to serve as Dir. of Fish and Game, I feel that it's time to offer up tasty recipes from the bounty that lives in our natural environment, and accompanying cocktails I hope that these additions will do justice to the fine selection of nightly music that is served to us all.

Tonights entres:

2 oz. Bicardi Oatheart spiced rum, served over ice with ginger ale. ( any good spiced rum will do)

Tonight we are having a sautéed mixture of , fiddle head ferns, wild ramps, and fresh caught brook trout.

very simple to prepare: Clean and rinse the ramps and f-heads,(you only use the end bulb, and 1 in. of the ramp)
In a skillet, I like one of cast iron, add olive oil, some crushed garlic, and hot pepper flakes to taste,
sautee over med-high heat 3-5 min.( do not burn or over cook, should be el-dente
Clean and prepare some fresh brook trout, and cook until tender and browned, about 2min./side.

Can be eaten as is, or served over rice.

Nature's Bounty is the ultimate cupboard, and the foraging for these wild edibles is the real treasure hunt! Hope you enjoy, and now back to the night's music. Gary

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I'm good with that..."List of people who enjoy the finer things in life." sounds even better. Everybody put there suggestions in and we will let TH pick which one suites us best.

Crispin

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
"So passes Denethor...son of Itchalon." Gandalf the White

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Time for some music....a bit of background....the original club where the Beatles started was the Cavern Club in the UK....well after Paul lost his wife Linda Eastman he was understandably down in the dumps....

So some of his music buddies decided to go back to the roots in 1999 and revisit the Cavern Club....some musical heavy weights and Paul playing some great old tunes.....so enjoy.....this is part 1/5 btw...lol...

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friends,

A bit of my musical history....

I remember as a kid a transistor radio that Santa brought me one year in the 60's and playing it under the covers when I was supposed to be sleeping.

Songs by the Four Seasons, EARLY rock and roll caused me to spend my hard earned allowance on batteries....

As I got older, Santa brought me a record player. My hard earned allowance was then spent on 45 rpms
of the Beatles, the Rolling Stones and other music that my Mom came to abhor.
"Turn that Crap Down!" she would admonish me daily....

Being rebellious, I collected speakers from old TV's and anywhere else I could
and hooked them up in sequence for maximum volume.

I became adept at picking the lock on my Sister's diary and "negotiated"
several trades of her albums for my silence.

Then, I saved up and bought my first guitar....
Being left-handed, it was a challenge, but I taught myself a dozen or so chords.
Of course, an electric guitar came next, along with an old tube amp
that I always tinkered with to increase the volume....

Soon, a new musical venue made the scene...
MTV.

How many here remember the very first song played on MTV?

Here it is...
And about that time, music started to suck for me....

Best to All,

Scott​

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions