Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received an email from the College this past week to wit:

Hello. My name is Anjana and I teach psychology here at UNG. I've been asked by the Hall Co Solicitor if there is a student that would like to work with a young man who has been out of school for some time. Your name was suggested by Shelly Aikman and Connie Ringger. The work would likely include mentoring, some academic assistance, and basic socialization before the student returns to school in the fall. Please read the email below from Stephanie Woodard, the Solicitor General, and contact me if you would like to volunteer for this.

(I have redacted certain parts due to professional confidentiality.)

This seems to be what I am going to college to accomplish, yet, I have reservations...

I would like to hear my Friends from here at Treasurenet give their
ideas and opinions....

Best,

Scott​

Hi Scott,
I think I would want a bit of background on the person (maybe they already gave it to you) and also what the boundaries would look like. When the letter said "basic socialization" I wonder what they were eluding too?

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Squiggy,

I'm sure that it would be a "hard case."
I was not made aware of many details other than the lad is 15.

I'm thinking that it might be a "Big Brother" type of endeavor.

I once had a "Big Brother" in my youth....
I'll never forget the man who helped me during my "rebellious" times.

I feel comfortable about the academics assistance to get him "up to speed" for re-entering school,
but the "socialization," well, I really think that I'd need more info;

Was this a "gang" situation? A young man who needs a male figure to look up to?
Perhaps someone that he could "hang with" to show direction and responsibility?

I don't know.

I have many ideas for diversions including camping, hiking, biking, metal detecting, gold panning, etc.

I just don't know yet.

The biggest reservation that I have would be to agree to help and be a failure.....
Not to myself, but to the child....

Thanks for your reply!

Best,

Scott

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Squiggy,

I'm sure that it would be a "hard case."
I was not made aware of many details other than the lad is 15.

I'm thinking that it might be a "Big Brother" type of endeavor.

I once had a "Big Brother" in my youth....
I'll never forget the man who helped me during my "rebellious" times.

I feel comfortable about the academics assistance to get him "up to speed" for re-entering school,
but the "socialization," well, I really think that I'd need more info;

Was this a "gang" situation? A young man who needs a male figure to look up to?
Perhaps someone that he could "hang with" to show direction and responsibility?

I don't know.

I have many ideas for diversions including camping, hiking, biking, metal detecting, gold panning, etc.

I just don't know yet.

The biggest reservation that I have would be to agree to help and be a failure.....
Not to myself, but to the child....

Thanks for your reply!

Best,

Scott

By trying to help you automatically will not fail yourself. If the child does not want to get better there is nothing anybody can do. You cannot change anybody that does not want to change. If he fails it will be because of him.

I say go for it. Draw boundaries for yourself and don't break them. If it gets to be too much then walk away before you lose your sanity. I'm sure they will give you a file ofinformation if you agree to take him on.

Good luck,
Crispin

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott. .The only way you could fail would be if you could not hold yourself to the commitment. .sounds like the two of you would have fun together.
Who knows this could be a very good thing! When you have lost a lot it's pretty scary to allow yourself to care and feel cared about..my two cents from my own experiences. ..

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I post my thanks for your responses through misty eyes....

I so much want to make a difference in even one child's life....

This would be my first attempt to help another with what I have learned from many hours of College credits,
and many years of experience.

The thought of making a difference outweighs the possibility of my failure.

I will reply to the request in affirmation. With stipulations....

Thank you for confirming my original decision from my heart....

We will now await the decision....

My Best Wishes,

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AND,
It's Saturday Night!

Let's have a good time!

My Best,

Scott​

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
smith5.jpg

"Hmmm... Seems that we have a "Do Gooder."

untitled 7.png

"Yep, ya punk, an' me and my friends are on the kid's side!"

"Yeah, what can you do to stop him?"

giorgio8.jpg

"We have the aliens on our side. We cannot lose!"

My Best,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friends,

I post these amusing photos and dialog to reflect my inner thoughts.....

Humor trumps pain and indecision.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychology_of_humor

I beg your pardon for the Wiki reference...
I don't want to dig through my retained college textbooks tonight....

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Instead,
Let's enjoy this "oldie" from my youth....

Best,

Scott​

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Music tonight flows through my soul as I reach for my Takamine guitar and play along
to one of the many songs that I have taught myself to play...

Won't you all sing along...

Always,

My Best Wishes,

Scott​

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill,

My Friend,

You're up next....

Best,

Scott

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I received an email from the College this past week to wit:

Hello. My name is Anjana and I teach psychology here at UNG. I've been asked by the Hall Co Solicitor if there is a student that would like to work with a young man who has been out of school for some time. Your name was suggested by Shelly Aikman and Connie Ringger. The work would likely include mentoring, some academic assistance, and basic socialization before the student returns to school in the fall. Please read the email below from Stephanie Woodard, the Solicitor General, and contact me if you would like to volunteer for this.

(I have redacted certain parts due to professional confidentiality.)

This seems to be what I am going to college to accomplish, yet, I have reservations...

I would like to hear my Friends from here at Treasurenet give their
ideas and opinions....

Best,

Scott​
Scott, that sounds great . get together and see how you want to get along or not.
only thing around here anymore when scouts are out to club for example we,re not allowed to be alone with any single at any time,paper work can change it but society today requires one to err on side of caution for all parties. best of luck. a youths potential needs opportunity. often socialization is involved in success. regardless what type music he likes you,ll have it in common.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott, that sounds great . get together and see how you want to get along or not.
only thing around here anymore when scouts are out to club for example we,re not allowed to be alone with any single at any time,paper work can change it but society today requires one to err on side of caution for all parties. best of luck. a youths potential needs opportunity. often socialization is involved in success. regardless what type music he likes you,ll have it in common.

RC, my Friend,

When I was young,

I was drawn to Scouting.
I became a Patrol Leader, then was initiated into the "Senior Patrol."

At the time, I formed a group of kids in my neighborhood for a Webelos group. I was a sanctioned Den Chief.

Then, we got a new Scoutmaster and his thing didn't include camping. You know how I feel about camping.....

I made it to "First Class" with more merit badges than would be allowed on my shirt....

I quit because of the lack of guidance.....

To this day, I would like to again be involved with Scouting, Heck, I'm so old, I remember Lord Baden-Powell!

Anyway, in light of the recent decisions regarding Boy Scouts, it would be hard to be a part,
because of the possible wrongful accusations...Liberal America sucks!

However, I will (cautiously) help any young man towards adulthood in a responsible manner that I can.

Be Well, my Friend.

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ummm...

Let's hear this while we wait for Bill....

Bill?

Scott​

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To this day, I sense monitoring of my posts....

Just so y'all know....

Scott

Why I like to "hide" in the mountains....

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
smith4.jpg
"Yes, we have located the subject. We are moving in..."

imagesCA8E0FAS.jpg
"Yes, move in....."

untitled 8.png
"I got the popcorn...."

"Let's see how this plays out....."

alfred e newman.png

Best,

Scott​

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

RC, my Friend,

When I was young,

I was drawn to Scouting.
I became a Patrol Leader, then was initiated into the "Senior Patrol."

At the time, I formed a group of kids in my neighborhood for a Webelos group. I was a sanctioned Den Chief.

Then, we got a new Scoutmaster and his thing didn't include camping. You know how I feel about camping.....

I made it to "First Class" with more merit badges than would be allowed on my shirt....

I quit because of the lack of guidance.....

To this day, I would like to again be involved with Scouting, Heck, I'm so old, I remember Lord Baden-Powell!

Anyway, in light of the recent decisions regarding Boy Scouts, it would be hard to be a part,
because of the possible wrongful accusations...Liberal America sucks!

However, I will (cautiously) help any young man towards adulthood in a responsible manner that I can.

Be Well, my Friend.

Scott

View attachment 814297
(1977)

View attachment 814305
(1978)

I'm not allowed to disclose anything else.
Ever.
Don't ask...

roger wilco, jack

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
My friends,

I send positive thoughts out to all of you tonight. We are truly blessed to have such a great group of men and women who congregate at one place to share thoughts. I have gained tremendous insight and found a new inner peace in my practice through these interactions. It sounds like Au24K is on his way as well. This is why the evil (government) will never prevail in this world; because, of the good men and women of this world.

I don't want to beat a dead horse; but, "Control your emotions or somebody else will." Thank you Chris, so simple....but yet, it took me so long to truly see it for what it is. I said that to a patient this week and they looked at me like it was the most profound thing anybody in the world had ever said to them. Don't worry, I didn't take the credit. I told them the story of TI and where I learned it from. Who says all I do is push meds?!? I pity the fool... :)

Crispin

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Grasshopper,

You do me proud.....the road of life is full of bumps and turns....we all learn along the way.

Regards + HH

Bill

My friends,

I send positive thoughts out to all of you tonight. We are truly blessed to have such a great group of men and women who congregate at one place to share thoughts. I have gained tremendous insight and found a new inner peace in my practice through these interactions. It sounds like Au24K is on his way as well. This is why the evil (government) will never prevail in this world; because, of the good men and women of this world.

I don't want to beat a dead horse; but, "Control your emotions or somebody else will." Thank you Chris, so simple....but yet, it took me so long to truly see it for what it is. I said that to a patient this week and they looked at me like it was the most profound thing anybody in the world had ever said to them. Don't worry, I didn't take the credit. I told them the story of TI and where I learned it from. Who says all I do is push meds?!? I pity the fool... :)

Crispin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread