All Treasure Hunting

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ben, Hope today has been better.

Sun is out, North breezes blowing out the humidity, and life is good again. Trying to think what would go good tonight, and think that the day calls for a piece of fish on the "barbi" , My neighbor just completed a successful striper trip to Montauck, and brought back some prime fillets, which he shared. Right now they are marinating in olive oil, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper. 5-6 min. on each side, and I'll slide them next to some cole slaw, garlic dill pickles, and fresh sliced cucumber. Since I have to work tomorrow, I made some fresh brewed iced tea, infused with fresh mint from the garden,( usually used in my mojito's).

Ben seems you are the DJ for awhile, so the floor is yours.........Gary

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Sun is out, North breezes blowing out the humidity, and life is good again. Trying to think what would go good tonight, and think that the day calls for a piece of fish on the "barbi" , My neighbor just completed a successful striper trip to Montauck, and brought back some prime fillets, which he shared. Right now they are marinating in olive oil, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper. 5-6 min. on each side, and I'll slide them next to some cole slaw, garlic dill pickles, and fresh sliced cucumber. Since I have to work tomorrow, I made some fresh brewed iced tea, infused with fresh mint from the garden,( usually used in my mojito's).

Gary

Fresh Fish has no taste,it's just GOOD!!!!!!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

Thanks Gary!

Im not much of a cook but when I came home from work, my wife had roasted a chicken and made mashed sweet potatoe and mashed parsnips with garlic, salt, pepper, and brown sugar. My stomach feels good right about now!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks Gary!

Im not much of a cook but when I came home from work, my wife had roasted a chicken and made mashed sweet potatoe and mashed parsnips with garlic, salt, pepper, and brown sugar. My stomach feels good right about now!
That sounds pretty good for sure!

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Can I get California Dreamin' by the same group. I wrote a 7 page paper on that song when I was in undergrad. It was a stream of consciousness point of view that started off with the exit of lucid dreaming and ended up with the death of a hero.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

Gary, I dont drink so mojitos are out but I have mint growing in my garden as well. Any suggestions for me on its best uses besides tea?

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Gary, I dont drink so mojitos are out but I have mint growing in my garden as well. Any suggestions for me on its best uses besides tea?

I don't want to usurp Backbacon or Gary; however, since we are all swapping roles tonight...Vanilla milkshakes: One scoop vanilla icecream, a dash of fresh vanilla, and a handful of fresh mint leaves. Very refreshing! I have mint growing in my garden as well.

Crisp

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Where has Scott been? I haven't noticed him in while...

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Squiggy: Eva got her summer haircut today. Sheared like a plush sheep to the harvest. She loves it! She is like a new pup in this heat. From a size perspective, she is literally half the pup she used to be.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I don't want to usurp Backbacon or Gary; however, since we are all swapping roles tonight...Vanilla milkshakes: One scoop vanilla icecream, a dash of fresh vanilla, and a handful of fresh mint leaves. Very refreshing! I have mint growing in my garden as well.

Crisp
Crispin, you had to bring up milkshakes! LOL! now I think I will just have to go have some ice cream and some birthday cake.

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay, who is going to pretend to be me? I can't wait to see this post....lol. I can take it...lol.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ben,

Mint is so versatile. It seems that most use it only for garnish, but the Mediterranian people use mint, esp. with lamb, like we use salt and pepper. For a cold thirst, add mint to club soda, iced tea, or even added to coke. If you also want, steep it in hot water, add some suger, and you have a very refreshing "mint" tea. Hope that helped....Gary

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure thatI want to be the one to impersonate the Pres of this thread! That high office has to stay above reproach, and not sure I qualify.....Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread