Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS I may have found that sailboat I have always wanted to live on problem is wife dont want too and funds of course and the boat IS in North Carolina but its ok to dream...... Ever see that movie Captain Ron? I found a 41 foot Formosa and she's a beauty now to win the lottery.....wait is hope a method? Hehehe;)

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
PS I may have found that sailboat I have always wanted to live on problem is wife dont want too and funds of course and the boat IS in North Carolina but its ok to dream...... Ever see that movie Captain Ron? I found a 41 foot Formosa and she's a beauty now to win the lottery.....wait is hope a method? Hehehe;)

What about Lt. Dan...?

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you boys related......no sir we are not of relations........

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lucky has a large vocabulary too... He will even carry on a conversation with himself that can run on for 10-15 mins non stop.

When I put him to bed at night he will say every word he knows trying to keep from going to bed, he is like a 4 year old child that doesn't want to go to bed...

One day at garage sale people were talking to him and he wouldn't say a word. As I was getting into my van to leave he was sitting on my shoulder, he turns looks at me and says "I was so scared daddy.".

We will NOT go quitely into the night!

shoot, and all I have is this stupid pterodactyl that says nothing at all!

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's funny I don't care who you are and lord be with the starving Pygmies in NewGuinea Amen

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

When I looked at this video I was getting flashbacks to my misspent youth...lol...

Fun - When we were young.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone, Just home from a 12 hour bliss filled day that started at 4PM earlier this past Monday afternoon. I'm curious, are the 2 different Parrots in question a one person type of bird? Meaning, do they take possession of a single person in the household?

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone, Just home from a 12 hour bliss filled day that started at 4PM earlier this past Monday afternoon. I'm curious, are the 2 different Parrots in question a one person type of bird? Meaning, do they take possession of a single person in the household?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Friends is bonded with her ,seeks consistency, an example is food sharing ritual each morning,when I asked why she was on front of cage at lunch Mrs explained what bird was after (seeing bread) and having routine missed of p.b. and toast and then provided it and all was well in a birds world.It watches me but does not ever seek to engage other than pay attention to my hands when putting them in cage! this after years of caring for her on occasion.Then they been together a very long time.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ruby is the red and purple parrot. She is an Eclectus, sub-species Vos Marie.....eclectus come from the south pacific. She is very tame, bonded to both wife and I and will usually go to anyone else as long as they don't startle her by making sudden moves. Eclectus bond to whole families.

We have had her since she was 3 months and she 9.5 years old, they live to 60-65 if taken care of.

The Amazon comes from rain forest of South America is a little more choosy who holds him, but I have only had him since April. He is 8.5 years old and also live 60-65 years. He loves the sound of my wife's voice and talks to her readily and learn quickly from her.

He will let her pet him on the head and peak but want let her hold him with out biting, but she is also scared of him because of the biting and animals sense fear.

He knows I have fear if him and knows I am the boss so he doesn't bite me.

If you get them as babies and hand feel them and handle them every day most will bond with who family although some may prefer one more. Secret is attention, they need attention everyday or as much as possible, the more attention the tamer and more interactive they are...

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
T.H., how do they relate and interact to/with each other?
Any rivalry and do they recognize each other as fellow birds, or more like members of your family,or visitors?

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
T.H., how do they relate and interact to/with each other?
Any rivalry and do they recognize each other as fellow birds, or more like members of your family,or visitors?

They recognize each other have big beaks that bite. They can occupy the same perch on top of cage as long as they keep 6 inches between them which they do on their own. I would never look them up in same cage due to territorial issues.

They know we are one family and they talk to each other.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pip, you may have gotten the wrong version of I Ron Butterfly. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions