Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was shooting some hoops with my 7 year old grandson when the ball bounced off my foot and rolled in the grass he said" my ball your out of balance" I said do you mean out of bounds?" He replied" nope your getting old so you're out of balance" my goodness the world thru a 7 year olds eyes. I guess I need to re center my chi then hehe

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wold talker yes I have been to Mel Fishers museum it's ok to go once after that its a rip off... Ill reserve my opinion of that operation

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Wold talker yes I have been to Mel Fishers museum it's ok to go once after that its a rip off... Ill reserve my opinion of that operation

No purchases made,it was rather interesting seeing all the Gold,Silver and Emeralds though.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks...I thought you'd get a kick out of this picture....lol.

Folks,

Our cat lucky is quite the contortionist.....

Attachments

• DSC00453.JPG
    DSC00453.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 87

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL, My parrot in my avatar is named lucky....

We will NOT go quitely into the night!

Good looking bird you have there TH. My Mother In Law has an African Grey that has quite the vocabulary. It's absolutely hilarious when it repeats the answering machine message. "We're not here to take your call right now, please leave a message, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP"

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good looking bird you have there TH. My Mother In Law has an African Grey that has quite the vocabulary. It's absolutely hilarious when it repeats the answering machine message. "We're not here to take your call right now, please leave a message, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP"

Lucky has a large vocabulary too... He will even carry on a conversation with himself that can run on for 10-15 mins non stop.

When I put him to bed at night he will say every word he knows trying to keep from going to bed, he is like a 4 year old child that doesn't want to go to bed...

One day at garage sale people were talking to him and he wouldn't say a word. As I was getting into my van to leave he was sitting on my shoulder, he turns looks at me and says "I was so scared daddy.".

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Friends near have a grey that does the microwave "ding". The alarm "chime" like when a door is opened."Dripping water" ,I insist before it rains. Imitates my friend calling his wife's name,and one day when they were on vacation and I was tending animals in her voice said loudly "quiet!".

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys should hear the bird giving the dog crap "Bailey, go lay in your bed!" or "Bailey, no begging!" and then see Bailey listen to the bird. :laughing7:

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friends near have a grey that does the microwave "ding". The alarm "chime" like when a door is opened."Dripping water" ,I insist before it rains. Imitates my friend calling his wife's name,and one day when they were on vacation and I was tending animals in her voice said loudly "quiet!".

When the phone rings sometimes I let lucky answer especially when I see it is a telemarketer or 800 numbers. He starts talking and caller on other gets bewildered and hangs up....

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol! Thanks for the parrot stories!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TH etal,

A buddy of mine by the name of Dave has an African gray parrot with probably a vocabulary of 300 to 400 words....he loves being the center of attention.

At a group gathering a bunch of us were setting at the dinning room table sipping on wine and talking....since he wasn't getting enough attention he hopped up on the table and one by one knocked over the wine glasses....hopped down on the floor and started walking down the hallway....going "yak yak yak" to show his displeasure.....lol...

Regards + HH

Bill

When the phone rings sometimes I let lucky answer especially when I see it is a telemarketer or 800 numbers. He starts talking and caller on other gets bewildered and hangs up....

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These parrot stories are hilarious thanks.....

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm almost jealous of you guys going outside hitting the woods, putting a log on the fireplace.....then I think......I went swimming today and it was about 80 degrees here and I smile. :)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH etal,

A buddy of mine by the name of Dave has an African gray parrot with probably a vocabulary of 300 to 400 words....he loves being the center of attention.

At a group gathering a bunch of us were setting at the dinning room table sipping on wine and talking....since he wasn't getting enough attention he hopped up on the table and one by one knocked over the wine glasses....hopped down on the floor and started walking down the hallway....going "yak yak yak" to show his displeasure.....lol...

Regards + HH

Bill

African Greys are the number 1 talkers, I think amazons are a close 2nd, they are the species Bush Gardens use in most of their parrot shows.

I have never counted his vocabulary but a conservative estimate is between100-200. It is hard to count as constantly picking up new words

He talks in sentences and carries on a 2 way conversation with himself.

He will say " I'm lost ", waits few seconds then says "come find me"

Says "what does a cat say" waits about 3-5 seconds then says "meow"

He will ask " how you doing" i say im okay how are you?, he then says I'm fine."

It just goes on and on He like to talk so the more we talk to him the more he talks...

People walk by when I'm out and he is on my shoulder he will say "hello, how are you" to every one who walks by or will do a wolf whistle then say " how are you".

If I knew how much attention you can get from pretty women with a talking parrot I would have bought one when I was single.. LOL..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread