VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Het pong12211!! The answer to your question is ABSOLUTELY!!! It covers EVERYTHING!! All you need to do is read the BILL and figure out what it doesn't cover!! Don't worry, you will be dead by then!! VERDE!!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Hey DeepseekerADS! Yea ole Robert Mitchum was the Man in that movie! That probably makes me older than you and RJc!! They still make it down here!! You guys have a great Sunday!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Loved that movie, Thunder Road. Remined me of the one run I made from VA to Balto. in a 53' Merc tanker. Frank...

111-1 profileblk.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
the plague has been in the southwest for decades...along with hanta virus, rabies, west nile virus...

so what is news about this?

Hay, I have been out there a few times and heard about all the rest, but never the plague. Frank... 111-1 profile.jpg

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Should I sit here so paranoid so as to never leave my chair again? With electronic surveillance, hacking to control our cars, blink out our pacemakers, and make us fear our militarized police?

Oh my.... I just want to go back to the golden memories of free sex and the 70's.... Life was so much simpler then....

Vanishing Point - the movie. Live free :)

Love Vanishing Point!...Anyone else here know that the actor who played the biker who helped Kowalski, (Timothy Scott), also played Rebel General Richard Ewell in the Movie "Gettysburg"?...And Super Soul the blind DJ was Sheriff Bart in Blazing Saddles.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Kind of puts things in perspective for how much our medicine has advanced. Antibiotics revolutionized the world. Then there was Salk as well...no more Polio. Who says things are getting worse around here?

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Frankn! I can help you out with the other, but as previously mentioned, you get Ebola, I can only get my digging shovel out and cover you up!! Bad stuff!! VERDE!!

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Secretcanyon!! Glad to see you back in the saddle-guess I have missed your posts!! Agree with your post-keep the fleas off!! I was telling Frankn you guys have been dealing with these critters for decades!! One Purple Squirrel?? Obviously IT must have a significant other!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
the plague has been in the southwest for decades...along with hanta virus, rabies, west nile virus...

so what is news about this?

There are news reports every year about someone getting these viruses. If I run across any mouse turds I get a spray bottle with a 20% bleach mix and soak them before getting rid of them. The news does drop the "Black" from their reports. It's just the Plague now.
I remember getting inoculated for the plague in the military. I think they wanted to send me to a bad place.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
There are news reports every year about someone getting these viruses. If I run across any mouse turds I get a spray bottle with a 20% bleach mix and soak them before getting rid of them. The news does drop the "Black" from their reports. It's just the Plague now.
I remember getting inoculated for the plague in the military. I think they wanted to send me to a bad place.

You can't get inoculated to Y. Pestsis, it is a bacteria. We can't give vaccines for virus. Verde, care to comment?

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
You can't get inoculated to Y. Pestsis, it is a bacteria. We can't give vaccines for virus. Verde, care to comment?

Sure. In the military one often doesn't know what's up. Your told things and who knows what's really true. Like being told that we destroyed all our nerve gas after ww2.
I was given three shots for something related to Nam. It's what I was told and maybe it was a Medic joke just to watch our faces. The other two had something to do with bug bites. A solder usually just shrugs their shoulders and takes the shots.
The military isn't well known for sharing the truth. So who knows what I was shot up with.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After hurricane Andrew 20 yrs ago, there were reports/cases of hanta virus in South Miami.
All the debris and rodent population explosion, lack of water, electricity, sanitation,
it didn't surprise me, but I had previously thought it was primarily a "western" thing.

Raccoon poop can carry a nasty parasite of some sort also.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
In the fall here, people will sell pinon pine nuts on the roadside. Problem is not knowing if the nuts were shaken from the tree or found in a rodent den nearby.
They are probably fine but as there is no controls in place I'll pass.
By shaken from trees it's when someone drives their pickup to a tree and places a sheet under it then runs the pu into the tree enough to knock the nuts loose. Of course not all pinon trees are able to go through this. The pu's can't reach many.

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"someone drives their pickup to a tree and places a sheet under it then runs the pu into the tree enough to knock the nuts loose"

lol..you need to get away from those Navajo for a bit....the nut was behind the wheel of the truck...

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have always felt that any creatures poop should be avoided just on principle.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I have always felt that any creatures poop should be avoided just on principle.

My gosh, every country boy has throughn cow chips. They preceded the Frisbee. Frank...

6 06-1 Yellowstone 103-1.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions