Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stupid people - That's why we need to have thousands and thousands of new laws each year.

Now come on TRF.... surely your not including Dave44 and me on this comment. Unless you've clocked yourself good like we did ANY punishment or fine for it would have been gladly paid up front to avoid the actual act. In fact anybody approaching us after the act and fining us for it would have a much bigger problem then we had at the time. We gotta stick together on this one Dave... please?

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now come on TRF.... surely your not including Dave44 and me on this comment. Unless you've clocked yourself good like we did ANY punishment or fine for it would have been gladly paid up front to avoid the actual act. In fact anybody approaching us after the act and fining us for it would have a much bigger problem then we had at the time. We gotta stick together on this one Dave... please?

I'm with you.. I paid my fine, it's still up there in the mountains of NM. Pain is a really good teacher!

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats 1 demerit for you Dave:laughing7:

OK then. In my defense I had always shot open sights until then. When I put that scope up I brought it up nice and snug, for a better, wider view.. not really a good idea in retrospect lol.
Good times!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You're right Dave. I have seen and heard other people do this. I would have done it too except for an old guy at the rifle range who warned me at the age of 12. What he didn't warn me about was dumping food scraps from my deer blind onto the ground. Fruit, part of a peanut butter, bologna(which I hate). Later I heard a noise and looked down. A family of skunks had found the feast. They wouldn't, leave. I had to sleep in the blind and wait until the next morning when they finally wandered off.

dave sharky

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dave 44 i was sitting on a tree stump and woke up two dears were right in front of me i waited for them to walk buy and leaned down back ward aimed and fired up side down what a kick a 357 hand gun it walked some then died never fell over my first dear with a 4inch hand gun i was so happy, you won,t do that again thank you for sharring i liked that story happy new years. dave sharky.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right Dave. I have seen and heard other people do this. I would have done it too except for an old guy at the rifle range who warned me at the age of 12. What he didn't warn me about was dumping food scraps from my deer blind onto the ground. Fruit, part of a peanut butter, bologna(which I hate). Later I heard a noise and looked down. A family of skunks had found the feast. They wouldn't, leave. I had to sleep in the blind and wait until the next morning when they finally wandered off.

LOl Skunks! A family you say? You may have been able to get down with a slight chance of not being sprayed,, say 5% chance?

That rifle belonged to my friends dad. And you know those guys that believe that experience is better than advice? That was my dad and his friends. lolol I always mother the guys that work for me, and 3/4 of them don't listen anyway, maybe those old guys were right?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
conspiracy.jpg

That's all I got to say about that.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK then. In my defense I had always shot open sights until then. When I put that scope up I brought it up nice and snug, for a better, wider view.. not really a good idea in retrospect lol.
Good times!

Same thing here Dave... I had never shot a shotgun / slug setup with a scope before. Just put it on a few days before season started and sighted in for 60 yds. I'd only used a scope on my 22's for squirrel hunting before everything else was open sights. I knew not to get to close to it but the weird angle I got caught with really cost me dearly. I took 4 stitches and my complete eye socket turned black in a huge 360. We're probably the only 2 people STUPID enough to admit to something like this on a STUPID PEOPLE thread. Maybe you and I need to regroup....?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't done that. I did panic once when I was about 17 when a garter snake ran between my legs and pumped five 12 gauge rounds into it. Than snake, that is.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't get it...

The guy in the video says we should all stop to help stupid people.

Isn't that the problem?

If we stopped keeping stupid people alive perhaps the gene pool would get a little less cloudy, don't you think?

I say take the warning labels off of everything. If you want to blow dry your hair in the bath tub- go for it. If you want to drink Drano- have a cracker with it. If you want to change your car oil while only using a bumper jack to hold up the car- happy days to you!

Let's get some natural selection working here people. Let the stupid people do stupid things…

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Darwins theory in action.Paying the price of stupidity.Warning,a little graphic.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guys with the lion- lion was probably saying Delivery! Wonderful!

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could I be one of the olive trees or candlesticks of Revelation 11:4???hehehe...And yes...Maybe the gene pool really does need some bleach G.I.B....

Ed T

Just to clarify. GiB said nothing about bleach, and nothing bigoted that I read on this thread. Not nice.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang G.I.B....When your little swimmer was swimming out, your momma should have been giving your dad a B.J....That way you would have never been born and the world would of had one less bigot in it...

Ed T

Sounds like advice from the shallow end of the gene pool...

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Children, play nice! And Revelation 11:4 has absolutely nothing to do with stupid people. Or a gene pool. Even the shallow end. Or metal detecting. Look it up.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang G.I.B....When your little swimmer was swimming out, your momma should have been giving your dad a B.J....That way you would have never been born and the world would of had one less bigot in it...

Ed T

There's should be some type of online IQ test that is required to comment on this site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions