Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I watched a young lady cross a 4 lane highway, not once looking up at traffic while talking on her cell phone. She made it. She was trying to get a glimpse of the owl visiting. One half mile from here, and two years ago a 13 year old was texting somebody and walked in front of a truck. That unfortunately was the last thing she ever did. It was a crying shame.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Where I use to live in NH theres a stretch of highway 101.Lots of fatalities there around where I was.Right down the end of the street I lived on was a bad one.A car tried to beat a trailer truck.The trailer truck was on the highway the car was on a secondary road crossing over the highway.All I could think about was the passenger in the cars last look on earth was the trailer trucks grill in front of the side window.Gives you the hebee jeebees.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definite heebie jeebies. Or however you spell it.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Definite heebie jeebies. Or however you spell it.

Yup thats for sure,my brother was there for that one,EMT rescue squad.He quit after that.He couldnt do it anymore.It gave him nightmares.He lived a couple of miles up.There was a head on in front of his house.Stupid S.o.B.s.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Where I use to live in NH theres a stretch of highway 101.Lots of fatalities there around where I was.Right down the end of the street I lived on was a bad one.A car tried to beat a trailer truck.The trailer truck was on the highway the car was on a secondary road crossing over the highway.All I could think about was the passenger in the cars last look on earth was the trailer trucks grill in front of the side window.Gives you the hebee jeebees.

That kinda reminds me of the time in a Northern burb of Detroit, I was in the left lane riding beside a cop, an SUV in front of both of us.... This kid at a car wash pulled out directly in front of the SUV - it nailed him on the driver's door. I saw the kid's eyes before impact.

I won't forget that.

I kept going on down the road. We were going exactly 45 mph and that boy pulled right out into it.

The boy was killed, but I kept going and did not look back.

I've seen too many of those - one was 4 killed instantly - and the driver of the car I passed had the steering wheel sticking into his neck and his head laying over the back of the driver's seat.

PEOPLE PAY ATTENTION, and drive safely please.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
PEOPLE PAY ATTENTION, and drive safely please.

Unfortunately they wont,texting and cell phone calls and getting little jimmy to soccer practice are much more important.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty interesting video Red - Wish I could have been there to metal detect those lost relics!! Probably a lot more there.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah it was pretty interesting wasnt it Ringfinder.I have a book about when they first did some metal detecting at little bighorn.It was back in 1984.There was a prairie fire,all the tall grass burnt,it was the first time metal detecting was feasible. .The video is basically right on the book.I have a map that shows all the locations of where on the battlefield the artifacts were recovered.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Yeah it was pretty interesting wasnt it Ringfinder.I have a book about when they first did some metal detecting at little bighorn.It was back in 1984.There was a prairie fire,all the tall grass burnt,it was the first time metal detecting was feasible. .The video is basically right on the book.I have a map that shows all the locations of where on the battlefield the artifacts were recovered.

Thought it was a state or national park, now...

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It is Rebel,the archs hired people with metal detectors to help them out.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you notice the way some if those people were waving their detectors? Man, they must have missed a lot. The speed they were walking and the coils were up 5 to 6 inches off the ground.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you notice the way some if those people were waving their detectors? Man, they must have missed a lot. The speed they were walking and the coils were up 5 to 6 inches off the ground.

Heres a good theory about that.When the archs got word they could use metal detectors they got all their relatives to do the metal detecting,whether or not they knew how to use the machines.That way they could bring some of the relics home,pocket them if you will.:laughing9:I wouldnt doubt it.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Another idiot.And people wonder how their kids get kidnapped.

I was finishing up a job at a new customers house.These people have 4 kids.the youngest is maybe 1 1/2 the oldest maybe 8.I only met the three youngest the 1 1/2 year old boy,a little girl maybe 5,another little boy maybe 7.Anyway I'm outside packing my car and taking a butt break.The mother and the 3 youngest come home.The 5 year old and the 7 year old jump out of the car and run off down the street.The mother is taking things inside the house,now the 1 1/2 year old starts to stumble off down the street.I'm standing by my car finishing my butt,the little girl is now no where in sight,the older boy is a few hundred yards off down the street,the 1 1/2 year old is now heading out into the street.I go into the house and the mother is on face book,I ask her if her kids are suppose to be way off out of sight down the street,I went to collect the rest of my tools as the mother doesnt go outside to look but stands in the window looking out.What the hell is wrong with these freaking idiots.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another idiot.And people wonder how their kids get kidnapped.

I was finishing up a job at a new customers house.These people have 4 kids.the youngest is maybe 1 1/2 the oldest maybe 8.I only met the three youngest the 1 1/2 year old boy,a little girl maybe 5,another little boy maybe 7.Anyway I'm outside packing my car and taking a butt break.The mother and the 3 youngest come home.The 5 year old and the 7 year old jump out of the car and run off down the street.The mother is taking things inside the house,now the 1 1/2 year old starts to stumble off down the street.I'm standing by my car finishing my butt,the little girl is now no where in sight,the older boy is a few hundred yards off down the street,the 1 1/2 year old is now heading out into the street.I go into the house and the mother is on face book,I ask her if her kids are suppose to be way off out of sight down the street,I went to collect the rest of my tools as the mother doesnt go outside to look but stands in the window looking out.What the hell is wrong with these freaking idiots.

"I go into the house and the mother is on face book"..... Way to many easy distractions these days. It creates a disconnect with responsibilities. And no doubt she would lie about her activities if child was taken.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread