This post is NOT political/NOT religion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont make it that.

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cancer has been around a very long time: Ancient Skeleton Yields Earliest Complete Example of Human Cancer | Popular Archaeology - exploring the past This article does mention that modern life and living longer means you have a greater chance of dying from it. An interesting article.

Everything has been around since man has been here. There is nothing "new" under the sun. A persons' age doesn't seem to make a difference these days when it comes to cancer. I have seen many people around me in the last few years die from cancer. I don't remember it happening so often when I was younger. Ask anyone you know...and they will all know someone dying or dead from it. According to stories I have heard...there were people that used to live for hundreds of years.....7-900 years for example. I'm sure scientist have a problem with that one. We live in a time now where there is much deception on many levels. There is only one thing we can truly trust in this world.............it's not the scientist. They do...and have made a lot of information available to the world and they deserve credit for their work. A lot of it has been interesting to know and see. Makes for good entertainment on the Discovery Channel. Will their discovery make us live longer? I doubt that will happen........you can't and will never find a cure for man's temporary status we call life on this planet.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably many people throughout mankind's history has died from cancer and didn't know they had it or what it was.

Smithbrown

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Well, sorry but as far as I know, none of my ancestors lived for 100s of years, many didn't make it past 30. Until recently (and still happens in many parts of the developing world) most babies born did not survive past ten years old. One of the reasons for large families, to make sure someone was alive to take care of you, if you survived. One of the results of finding cures for many killers in the past- tb, smallpox, not to mention the use of penicillin and improved hygiene means there is less to kill you. Except heart disease and cancer, so more people die of those things (and old age).

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Probably many people throughout mankind's history has died from cancer and didn't know they had it or what it was.

... or it was known by a different name. The Cherokee had a way of treating skin cancer that actually made it die and fall off ... but my friend said they never called it a "cancer", probably because they never thought of it that way.

Everything has been around since man has been here. There is nothing "new" under the sun. A persons' age doesn't seem to make a difference these days when it comes to cancer. I have seen many people around me in the last few years die from cancer. I don't remember it happening so often when I was younger. Ask anyone you know...and they will all know someone dying or dead from it. According to stories I have heard...there were people that used to live for hundreds of years.....7-900 years for example. I'm sure scientist have a problem with that one. We live in a time now where there is much deception on many levels. There is only one thing we can truly trust in this world.............it's not the scientist. They do...and have made a lot of information available to the world and they deserve credit for their work. A lot of it has been interesting to know and see. Makes for good entertainment on the Discovery Channel. Will their discovery make us live longer? I doubt that will happen........you can't and will never find a cure for man's temporary status we call life on this planet.

One reason many in the past never spoke of cancer is because it was a more polite society. We didn't display our ills to the world. Those things were kept within families and not discussed outside of family and physician.

I am married to a woman who believed that no one should know she had cancer. The stigma attached to discussions of that disease when we were younger still lives on in her.

When my uncle George died of Hodgkins (not sure exactly, we were told growing up that it was just that he got sick ... no mention of cancer). I remember my parents going to see in at the hospital and leaving us kids in the car (couldn't do that today without Child Protective Services trying to take them away) because children were not allowed inside. We didn't know it was cancer until years later. Even back in the 1960's there were treatments that could have extended his life for several years, but he didn't want it because of the stigma that it would have brought on the family.

So, there are other reasons you didn't hear about cancer so much in years past. Today, some see it as a badge to flash to all of humanity. We celebrate the survivors, mourn the departed and build large events (Relay for Life comes to mind) to raise awareness.

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... or it was known by a different name. The Cherokee had a way of treating skin cancer that actually made it die and fall off ... but my friend said they never called it a "cancer", probably because they never thought of it that way.

One reason many in the past never spoke of cancer is because it was a more polite society. We didn't display our ills to the world. Those things were kept within families and not discussed outside of family and physician.

I am married to a woman who believed that no one should know she had cancer. The stigma attached to discussions of that disease when we were younger still lives on in her.

When my uncle George died of Hodgkins (not sure exactly, we were told growing up that it was just that he got sick ... no mention of cancer). I remember my parents going to see in at the hospital and leaving us kids in the car (couldn't do that today without Child Protective Services trying to take them away) because children were not allowed inside. We didn't know it was cancer until years later. Even back in the 1960's there were treatments that could have extended his life for several years, but he didn't want it because of the stigma that it would have brought on the family.

So, there are other reasons you didn't hear about cancer so much in years past. Today, some see it as a badge to flash to all of humanity. We celebrate the survivors, mourn the departed and build large events (Relay for Life comes to mind) to raise awareness.

And.....then you die

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Personally, I do play a lot of games ... but they ALL involve SPEED! I'm a racing junkie.

Back in the day, when Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 was popular, I was in the top 100 worldwide (based on race times).

I like driving F1 now and even a bit of the NASCAR Legends cars in rFactor.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Most folks hate it, but I like Dirt Showdown when I get stressed. I like the soundtrack while crunching cars at the demolition derby. Music ain't bad either.

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know of another way out? My goodness, no one said anything different ... why are you trying to pick an argument?

Maybe you took that the wrong way....wasn't trying to pick any argument.
What I have observed in my lifetime is that people in general have such a fear of death. Yes...people love to have their ceremonies. They have those runs for raising money to end diseases. I remember when I was very young that money was being raised to stop or cure cancer. We have made some improvements in that area.....but it truly will never be cured. But the campaigns to raise money will never end either. Is that a bad thing? No....maybe not. But my philosophy is that maybe we shouldn't be so afraid to go be where we are to spend eternity (if you believe there is one) with the one that says that we are destined to be with Him. I strongly believe that there is more to life than trying to avoid the dangers of life. I am certainly not in control here of anything. If I were....there wouldn't be any wars, there wouldn't be any diseases, everyone would be able to enjoy all the real blessings we have available to us here. Why can't we have that now? Greed, fear, pride, and all those other bad things are dominating the worlds' societies. Think about how the world is now and when you look at the big picture.....why are we fighting over resources that was given to us all? Isn't that what all the fighting is about? It always has been. Some knucklehead wants more than his share and we go to war over it! Some knucklehead wants to control others...we go to war over it! It goes on and on. People always say after a disaster....let's pass a law so "That will never happen again". Who are they fooling but themselves? Laws will not stop the evil of the world. Prophesy says that "evil will only get worse" until an appointed time. The evil includes diseases, famine, pestilence and so on....we really do get what we deserve. Look at how immoral the world is. Our attempts to stop those things with rules, regulations and laws will only put all of us in a cage that we aren't going to be happy in. It's all about learning the truth and then have some understanding about why things are the way they are....and then try to find a peaceful way to exist among the evil that will be here until it or us are taken away. Peace out ......

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread