OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was growing up, Mr. Kennedy at the church had a fake right arm (prostetic sp?).
He would get the young kids to shake hands with him and release that arm. LOL! :laughing7:
Many kids was traumatized thinking they broke his arm off. Ahh good times...... :laughing7:
We never had a Halloween party that Mr. Kenedy's arm wasn't laying on the table next to the jello spaghetti brains and peeled grape eyeballs.

When at a bar, (which is kinda rare nowadays), I don't even want to be touched by a man!
Blek, no ty!
Proper etiquette in relation to shaking women's hands is: You only shake a woman's hand IF, she extends hers first.

I like the fists bump, less germs that way. :tongue3:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
And if you had NO hands...
I would say no thanks I,m agoraphobic. Or say that,s (censored) funny, like I did a friend when responding to his security alarm and he on the phone told me to stand on a garage doors push handle to secure it. He seemed not to notice any disability over the phone.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Proper etiquette in relation to shaking women's hands is: You only shake a woman's hand IF, she extends hers first.

Intuitively, that's the way I have dealt with that. Thank you for the clarification Pat!

Now, on the germ thing, as I grow older I'm kinda getting leery about that too.

FloridaMike

Apr 8, 2014
North Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster 6000/D, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I cant stand shaking hands with a guy thats like shaking hands with a jellyfish:BangHead:

I was told John Travolta's hand shake is like gripping jello.
The subject came up as my friends house was rattling from his jet passing overhead on take off.

I don't know what's worse the jelly shake or the bone-breaking shake.

I just know I want my proctologist to have skinny fingers!

Q.Did you hear about the depressed proctologist?
A: He's been feeling down in the dumps.

Things you do not want to hear from a Proctologist:
"Gee, I hope I can get this out."
"Ooops, I think I lost my watch."
"The first three feet might be a bit uncomfortable; after that..."

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now, all the above is not to say, that when meeting one with prosthetics or bodily mishaps, that I am shy.
If there is no hand or arm available, a one or two arm hug is in order, (possibly a kiss on the cheek). You reach out for what you can......
I met a very nice girl on the beach one day, HIV survivor for 10 yrs plus.
I had to give her a big body hug and hold her hand some. (Some have a weird stigma about touching those with hiv)

The human touch is very important, imho, even if some of the touchable parts are missing or not the original equipment. 8-)

waxy luster

Mar 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My right hand has had damage. I feel it for days when a Crusher does his thing, like I used to. Better to do NBA Chest-Slam, I say!

In terms of Wet Noodle Handshakes - there are very important distinctions within the category.

In descending order;

Al dente
Firm
Soft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
My right hand has had damage. I feel it for days when a Crusher does his thing, like I used to. Better to do NBA Chest-Slam, I say!

In terms of Wet Noodle Handshakes - there are very important distinctions within the category.

In descending order;

Al dente
Firm
Soft

Point well taken, thank you for the input!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
bottom line --those with more education work "easier" jobs --thus they get less wear and tear" on their hands and bodies in general --thus they will have a better hand grip strength when older-- because of hard manual type labor , lower educated people tend to suffer more physically later on in life because their "physically wore out"--duh you needed a study for this to be figgered out?

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The study doesn't seem right.

Less education, more manual work, (exercise), stronger grip.

The working men I shake hands with, are always stronger than the pencil pushers.

Sounds like another study to prove some one's theory.

I never trust a person with cold hands, why are they nervous?

The last CDL mandated physical I had, the Doc wanted me to shake with full force as a strength test, I guess. He said "OK" pretty quick.:laughing7:

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe I just read that the wrong way, but are you saying lower educated only do hard manual work ?
If so that's just wrong, incorrect whatever.
I never finished high school, but have worked cozy professional jobs, did not like it either, rather work my a$$ off.
On the other side of the coin, there are tons of rich folks that have masters degrees, work the hardest physical labor there is.
As for less wear and tear, the ones that are the most active, aka hard physical workers, tend to live longer lives, I can see it everyday, I know a good dozen men in their early 90's that still get up at the crack of dawn, and do more work by 8am, than a pencil pusher works in a 5 day week..talking about farmers by the way.
Dunno about most folks, but the harder I work, the better I feel.

Mike

Last edited:

waxy luster

Mar 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also believe education comes in many ways! College just introduces it to you! In my opinion! What you do with it is up to you! There are people that are more educated than college grads. That's a whole other topic. lol There are people with good grades through college that are less educated than someone who hasn't finished high school! Like I said that can be a whole other thread!lol
In short - You can't buy wisdom.

Nepoti$m is a whole 'nother ball of wax.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we need a lot more of these pointless studies so we can then create the perfect overall test based on all of this data to conclude where you will be placed in our society after high school. Sure would save us all from having to make career choices. :laughing7:

waxy luster

Mar 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You cant buy experience either,I'll take experience over schooling any day of the week.
Good Gawd, yes. I'll take Mad Skillz over a pimply MBA any day, too.

On the flipside, there's those who've got seniority, but no.sense.at.all. - I'm certain that "Talk to the hand" (actual Thread Topic reference! Well, sorta) originated with one such useless cretin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread