GLOBAL WARMING

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2
Natures WAY to GLOBAL warming .THE volcano in the PHILLIPINES a few years back ,REMEMBER the ash cover in the sky for a few YEARS afterward??? MT. ST. HELENS pop off.
WHO fought the LIGHTING CAUSED FIRES before we came along and decided to help MOTHER NATURE OUT?? AFTER A BURN OFF THE vegation comes back better than ever which is a good thing.The INDIANS used to burn off the plains for the buffalo.
I am trying to say maybe THE warming is natural an should not be worried about.THINK. THINK.if it ain"t broke,don"t fix it!!!

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
The problem isnt global warming. Its population boom. 35 years ago the population reached a record high number. Today it is 10 times that!!!

What happens when there are too many people!? Immagine.

-CC

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
The problem isnt global warming. Its population boom. 35 years ago the population reached a record high number. Today it is 10 times that!!!

Where the heck did you get your numbers? The population has not increased tenfold in the last 35 years. How can people actually believe this stuff? ::)

B

BIG61AL

This will not be the first time the polar ice caps have melted. It has happened beore way before man added to global warming....it just may be a natural cycle.

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Lol. SORRY! Typo there lol. Its been 85 years. Sound better?

HH!

-CC

P

peruser

Recent news said that a Russian scientist studying Mars published findings that the polar regions of Mars are shrinking too. This is linked to rising solar output. Here's a story on it:
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=22940

No doubt Al Gore has a way to blame me for that too. Though I doubt actual scientific evidence will have any impact on the junk scientists of the liberal media. After all, none of this is really about saving the world, it's about votes.

So the EDF destroyed all the SUVs for nothing....of course they'd rather see me and the Mrs driving two mini coopers everywhere we go to ferry the kids along, despite the additional fuel usage and the extra environmental impact caused by two engines not to mention the cost of production.

The problem with these people is that they always think they know better than everyone else and then they start trying to enforce their beliefs on everyone. When this global warming trend starts to reverse, they'll all be up on their soapboxes claiming credit for it.

Not to change the subject, but now, if we can just straighten out all the bottled water freaks... "I wont drink that tap water." but if you put it in a bottle and hand it to her, it's delicious. (see Penn & Teller's BullShit series bottled water episode for more). In the immortal words of Dennis Miller - "Water the most abundant

I used to work with a guy that felt that the bottled water craze was going to cause the world's water supply to dwindle to dangerous levels. He'd go nuts everytime someone suggested that they could make an engine that used water as fuel.

Somewhere there is a root cause of all this ridiculous fanaticism. I suspect it is some media company who's publication I don't read, but that fanactics do.

He doesn't ice take up more volume than water? If all the polar ice is melting, shoulding the sea levels go down? Aren't iceberg 10% about the water line and 90% below? What gives?

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I´d say this topic belongs in "politics", cause that what it is !!! ;)

Nick in NEPA

Dec 28, 2006
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's sum up my beliefs this way: Would the Vikings have moved to GREENland if it was the way it was now?
How do maps from the 1500s show Antarctica...without ice? Why do people believe the guy who claims he invented the internet?

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
I used to work with a guy that felt that the bottled water craze was going to cause the world's water supply to dwindle to dangerous levels. He'd go nuts everytime someone suggested that they could make an engine that used water as fuel.

If you could design a planet with 3/4 of it surface made up of the best fuel source, it would be good ole planet earth.. Water is the ideal fuel, it breaks down into hydrogen and oxygen, you burn it, and it recombines into water! The main problem in doing this is the energy needed to crack the molecules.. What they don't tell you is a Nuclear Reactor is more efficient at making hydrogen, than Electricity.. They just need the infrastructure to distribute it

Nick in NEPA

Dec 28, 2006
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
peruser said:
He doesn't ice take up more volume than water? If all the polar ice is melting, shoulding the sea levels go down? Aren't iceberg 10% about the water line and 90% below? What gives?
Water contracts when it freezes because the particles slow down and they aren't colliding with each other as fast.

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Nick in NEPA said:
peruser said:
Water contracts when it freezes because the particles slow down and they aren't colliding with each other as fast.

Nope!! Fill a bottle with water and stick it outside (or in the freezer if your outside ain't cold) The water in the bottle freezes, expands and breaks the bottle.. Ice has tremendous expansion forces, and can split thick steel containers as well.. Got antifreeze in your engine? Why? You know why!

Nick in NEPA

Dec 28, 2006
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GunFarce said:
Nick in NEPA said:
peruser said:

Nope!! Fill a bottle with water and stick it outside (or in the freezer if your outside ain't cold) The water in the bottle freezes, expands and breaks the bottle.. Ice has tremendous expansion forces, and can split thick steel containers as well.. Got antifreeze in your engine? Why? You know why!
I thought it was the lack of pressure inside the bottle that caused it to expand.

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
The three states of matter, are gas, liquid, solid. Water, like everything else can be all three. 'Usually' things contract when they get cold, but ice is made of crystals that grow as the water changes from a liquid to a solid. It's the force of the growing crystals that causes the expansion, this is why pipes burst, and engine blocks crack..

P

peruser

GunFarce said:
The three states of matter, are gas, liquid, solid. Water, like everything else can be all three. 'Usually' things contract when they get cold, but ice is made of crystals that grow as the water changes from a liquid to a solid. It's the force of the growing crystals that causes the expansion, this is why pipes burst, and engine blocks crack..

It still amazes me that people are unaware of this. I went thru it with my stepbrother when he told me that the ice melting in the north pole was raising sea level because ice takes up less volume than water. So I asked, ever freeze a bottle and see it crack? Uh yeah. 2+2? huh? So explained it the hard way and then mentioned that the arctic ice packs are actually floating and are displacing the same amount of water that they contain, give or take a very small percentage. So when they melt it doesn't affect sea level. Though ice melting from off land could.

Haven't seen any studies on whether the recent sea quakes have affected sea level by displacing water with magma or underwater land shifts.

And of course rising temperatures could account for some small expansion in the sea volume.

-----
For those Ozone freaks out there, find and read Jerry Pournelle's story on the effect of Anarctic volcanoes on the ozone layer (via chlorine release). Chlorine breaks down ozone and the volcano just happened to be upwind of the testing area chosen "randomly" to check the ozone hole over Antarctica. Testing that conveniently occurred shortly before the patents for R-12 refridgerant were due to expire. It's contained in a short story volume called rockets something or other and was probably published in Omni magazine at some point.

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is broken and it is to late to fix it, Our children over the next generation will feel the impact on all that is happening. I know that man has produced many great things in this world that has helped thousands. But its the over whelming industry and companys that are constantly dumping their waste into the air and water. FIX it! How ..........??? You would have to shut down so much or should I say almost everything to compensate.

Statistics don't Lie........Just take a look! >:(

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
The Seeker said:
It is broken and it is to late to fix it, Our children over the next generation will feel the impact on all that is happening. I know that man has produced many great things in this world that has helped thousands. But its the over whelming industry and companys that are constantly dumping their waste into the air and water. FIX it! How ..........??? You would have to shut down so much or should I say almost everything to compensate.

Statistics don't Lie........Just take a look! >:(

OK, Lets have a look!! Who says statistics don't lie? Statistics can be manipulated to say everything from breast milk is bad for babies, to smoking is good for you.. Ever hear the old addage "figures don't lie, but liars can figure'?

Read 'this' then tell me it's all 'mans' (or woman's) fault..

Subject: Inconvenient (for Liberals and other scammers) truth

Mars Melt Hints at Solar, Not Human, Cause for Warming, Scientist Says Kate Ravilious for National Geographic News February 28, 2007

Simultaneous warming on Earth and Mars suggests that our planet's recent climate changes have a natural and not a human-induced cause, according to one scientist's controversial theory.

Earth is currently experiencing rapid warming, which the vast majority of climate scientists says is due to humans pumping huge amounts of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.

Mars, too, appears to be enjoying more mild and balmy temperatures.

In 2005 data from NASA's Mars Global Surveyor and Odyssey missions revealed that the carbon dioxide "ice caps" near Mars's south pole had been diminishing for three summers in a row.

Habibullo Abdussamatov, head of space research at St. Petersburg's Pulkovo Astronomical Observatory in Russia, says the Mars data is evidence that the current global warming on Earth is being caused by changes in the sun.

"The long-term increase in solar irradiance is heating both Earth and Mars," he said.

Solar Cycles

Abdussamatov believes that changes in the sun's heat output can account for almost all the climate changes we see on both planets.

Mars and Earth, for instance, have experienced periodic ice ages throughout their histories.

"Man-made greenhouse warming has made a small contribution to the warming seen on Earth in recent years, but it cannot compete with the increase in solar irradiance," Abdussamatov said.

By studying fluctuations in the warmth of the sun, Abdussamatov believes he can see a pattern that fits with the ups and downs in climate we see on Earth and Mars.

Abdussamatov's work, however, has not been well received by other climate scientists.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/02/070228-mars-warming.html

The key line here is :"Abdussamatov's work, however, has not been well received by other climate scientists."

Of course it won't be, no one likes to see their personal Ox gored, but BOTH sides have to be given equal time.. We are certainly not pumping our CO2 all the way to Mars, and if the fluctuations seem to fit the same time periods, then the only thing our 'Earth' version is doing, is making people that sell books richer by the day... The Earth is getting 'naturally' warmer in this cycle.. Exactly the same way it has become warmer in thousands of previous cycles.. No more, no less..Mankind is but a 'blip' on the geological time scale.. We're just not that important to the Earth, or the universe in general..'Yet'

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
Thank you Gunfarce, its nice to see people who understand. If you want to find out the truth about global warming you have to do research and have an open mind. Or you can just follow the money. ::)

Cheryl

Nov 28, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
GunFarce, thanks for sharing that. I especially find global warming hard to believe when we are in April and it is feeling like winter here (Dayton, OH area). Had to get out the winter coats that were put away last week when the temps were in the 70's. And we had enough snow fall to mess up the roads yesterday morning and cause bunches of accidents. Anyway, thank you for sharing the other side of the story.

Cheryl

Nick in NEPA

Dec 28, 2006
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty cool. And plasma counts as a fourth state of matter (kind of like gas, but the particles are positively and negatively charged). Believe it or not, it's the most common state of matter in the universe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread