If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
I don't know...what I do know, is if they fall in your back yard way to early in the morning...It makes one hell of A noise! I mean....boom!!
Trust me, but with a digital cam, no sound. wife and daughter made the videos.

DSCN4732.JPG DSCN4736.JPG DSCN4737.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[video]https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U[/video]

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I had to get A you tube account to up load the videos to T-net. Now there is a link..but I can't make them "live" without clicking the link!!

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Building me a log cabin huh viking.When can i move in?
Oh wouldn't that be nice!! I have built a couple...but not for me!
No...I live in a trailer............and I own A staffordshire bull terrior......(sorry fast tyin..no spell checkin deal with it):laughing7:
OMG!!! I'm trailer trash!!!

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd trade with you in a heart beat:laughing7:

Well...come on out! The trailor with the new decks, new windows..and soon to also have new laminint flooring...will be availible.
neighbors suck though...

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh wouldn't that be nice!! I have built a couple...but not for me!
No...I live in a trailer............and I own A staffordshire bull terrior......(sorry fast tyin..no spell checkin deal with it):laughing7:
OMG!!! I'm trailer trash!!!

Well that makes two of us guy.... I have a huge double wide set on a block and brick foundation. 2200 sq. ft. 4 bedroom w/3 full baths set in the woods. I got 95% oak trees though. Did build a huge deck to walk from house to pool area. When you use google earth the deck and pool are really easy to see. My wife and I were going to have a huge log home built here on this ridge top and had one picked out and was getting ready to start. Then my 4 children all wanted to leave MI. from there mothers and live with me in TN. NOW (almost yesterday). So I went up and got them the next day. Now we had 7 people in a 2 bedroom apt. So I went out and got this huge double-wide and the rest was history.

And NO a tree does NOT make a sound when falling unless you actually see it. :tongue3: And your trees are a lot larger than mine buddy. So from one "trailer trash" expert to the other... Have a good Day Viking!! :occasion14: No neighbors close either.... Today I own the "neighbors home"

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Viking, I guess that makes me trailer trash also. I'm not living in one now, but did. In 1984, my wife, and I, along with 3 kids, moved into a 'used' 1983 model Fleetwood 'mobile home' that had 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. It was on an acre of ground on a 3/4 mile long, dead end street, in the country. A little community, I guess you'd call it. I don't remember how many mobile homes were on the street; but the house across from us was a conventional wood house. Almost everyone living on the street owned their place. We lived there until I moved here to Idaho in 2007. I really enjoyed living there, even if the city of Waco annexed the area about 2 years before I left. My son and I moved into a rental mobile home in a 'trailer park' up here in Jan. 2008; after living the the 31' motor home for almost a year. We lived there just over 2 years before moving over here with the daughter. I like mobile homes!

The one back in Waco, had one of those roofs that just could not be kept from leaking. I used 1 X 4s, laying flat on the old roof to frame for a 'Metalmart' roof. That stuff is tough! I put sheets of insulation between the 1 X 4s, then the metal over it. Ha ha! No more leaks! (And you could no longer hear rain 'pattering' on the roof.) I also built a front porch with bannisters, ornamental posts, and metal roof. A little later I built an 8 X 8 room onto the back. It was used for the freezer, storage, etc.

I wish I could have stayed in Waco, but with the daughter begging for 'daddy to move closer'; and the memories, I baled out. And if the daughter and family had not been in financial trouble because of her disability and about to lose the house, I would have stayed in the mobile home park that the son and I lived in for 2 years. I enjoyed living there. It was a quite little place with no noisy neighbors, except one that was 'kicked out' within a week of causing several to gripe. It was a 2 square block, one entrance, and about 80 (?) homes. The mobile homes were old, but in good condition.

Gee, how do I get on these lengthy posts? Things keep popping into my head and I just keep typing. Arrrggh!! Enough!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread