If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
I don't know...what I do know, is if they fall in your back yard way to early in the morning...It makes one hell of A noise! I mean....boom!!
Trust me, but with a digital cam, no sound. wife and daughter made the videos.

DSCN4732.JPG DSCN4736.JPG DSCN4737.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I had to get A you tube account to up load the videos to T-net. Now there is a link..but I can't make them "live" without clicking the link!!

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Building me a log cabin huh viking.When can i move in?
Oh wouldn't that be nice!! I have built a couple...but not for me!
No...I live in a trailer............and I own A staffordshire bull terrior......(sorry fast tyin..no spell checkin deal with it):laughing7:
OMG!!! I'm trailer trash!!!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh wouldn't that be nice!! I have built a couple...but not for me!
No...I live in a trailer............and I own A staffordshire bull terrior......(sorry fast tyin..no spell checkin deal with it):laughing7:
OMG!!! I'm trailer trash!!!

Well that makes two of us guy.... I have a huge double wide set on a block and brick foundation. 2200 sq. ft. 4 bedroom w/3 full baths set in the woods. I got 95% oak trees though. Did build a huge deck to walk from house to pool area. When you use google earth the deck and pool are really easy to see. My wife and I were going to have a huge log home built here on this ridge top and had one picked out and was getting ready to start. Then my 4 children all wanted to leave MI. from there mothers and live with me in TN. NOW (almost yesterday). So I went up and got them the next day. Now we had 7 people in a 2 bedroom apt. So I went out and got this huge double-wide and the rest was history.

And NO a tree does NOT make a sound when falling unless you actually see it. :tongue3: And your trees are a lot larger than mine buddy. So from one "trailer trash" expert to the other... Have a good Day Viking!! :occasion14: No neighbors close either.... Today I own the "neighbors home"

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Viking, I guess that makes me trailer trash also. I'm not living in one now, but did. In 1984, my wife, and I, along with 3 kids, moved into a 'used' 1983 model Fleetwood 'mobile home' that had 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. It was on an acre of ground on a 3/4 mile long, dead end street, in the country. A little community, I guess you'd call it. I don't remember how many mobile homes were on the street; but the house across from us was a conventional wood house. Almost everyone living on the street owned their place. We lived there until I moved here to Idaho in 2007. I really enjoyed living there, even if the city of Waco annexed the area about 2 years before I left. My son and I moved into a rental mobile home in a 'trailer park' up here in Jan. 2008; after living the the 31' motor home for almost a year. We lived there just over 2 years before moving over here with the daughter. I like mobile homes!

The one back in Waco, had one of those roofs that just could not be kept from leaking. I used 1 X 4s, laying flat on the old roof to frame for a 'Metalmart' roof. That stuff is tough! I put sheets of insulation between the 1 X 4s, then the metal over it. Ha ha! No more leaks! (And you could no longer hear rain 'pattering' on the roof.) I also built a front porch with bannisters, ornamental posts, and metal roof. A little later I built an 8 X 8 room onto the back. It was used for the freezer, storage, etc.

I wish I could have stayed in Waco, but with the daughter begging for 'daddy to move closer'; and the memories, I baled out. And if the daughter and family had not been in financial trouble because of her disability and about to lose the house, I would have stayed in the mobile home park that the son and I lived in for 2 years. I enjoyed living there. It was a quite little place with no noisy neighbors, except one that was 'kicked out' within a week of causing several to gripe. It was a 2 square block, one entrance, and about 80 (?) homes. The mobile homes were old, but in good condition.

Gee, how do I get on these lengthy posts? Things keep popping into my head and I just keep typing. Arrrggh!! Enough!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions