A Simple Cholesterol Solution Your Doctor Won’t Tell You About.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
There was a buy me brand with this story, but I cut it out, we can make our own choices.

A Simple Cholesterol Solution Your Doctor Won’t Tell You About

Last year alone, an estimated 30 million Americans spent over $34 billion on cholesterol-lowering medications. By some estimates, 1 in 3 people over the age of 50 are on a statin drug, with prescriptions being written at a rate of 20,000 per hour.

According to a growing number of experts, however, very compelling scientific evidence suggests that more than 90% of these people do not even need to be on these drugs!

The Unspoken Dangers of Statin Drugs

Aside from being less effective than once thought, within days of taking a statin, it’s not uncommon for users to experience fatigue, aches, pains and general muscle soreness.

Many report memory loss, headaches, difficulty sleeping, dizziness, nausea and vomiting. But what is extremely scary, though rarely discussed, is that statins can kill. As USA Today reported, the consumer watchdog group Public Citizen claims, “Statins have killed and injured more people than the government has acknowledged.”

Statins Raise Diabetes Risk

Recently the FDA announced that new safety language will be added to the label on statin drugs warning about increased risk of high blood sugar and type 2 diabetes among statin users. A New York Times op-ed written by Dr. Eric Topol, the former chairman of cardiovascular medicine at the famed Cleveland Clinic, states that the new FDA diabetes warning is serious and attention must be paid. Dr. Topol states: “In the vast majority of people who take statins — those who have never had any heart disease — there should be a careful review of whether the statin is necessary, in light of the risk of diabetes and the relatively small benefit that can be derived.”

Statins and Exercise: A Classic Catch-22

Most doctors who write a statin prescription will advise you to engage in regular exercise. But one of the common side effects of taking statin drugs is muscle fatigue and soreness. And there is growing evidence that the more vigorously you exercise while taking statins, the more common this side effect occurs.

What’s more, in a recent French study, for mice that were exercised on treadmills, muscle oxidative stress was more than 226% higher among animals that received statins. And biopsies showed evidence of dysfunction in cell mitochondria, the mechanisms that generate a cell’s power.

Statin Drugs Are Simply Not as Effective as Once Thought

More and more research evidence is showing that statins are not the wonder drugs they were once thought to be. Their effects wear off quickly if you stop taking them; they do little to raise good cholesterol; and while they make your “numbers” look good, they actually do little to decrease your risk of cardiovascular-related death.

In fact, a recent study published in the British Medical Journal found that for every 10,000 people, there were only 271 fewer cases of heart disease, proving that statin drugs are less effective than once thought. At the same time, the study showed that there were many more side effects than expected.

So all of this Big Pharma marketing hype is for a class of drugs that helps less than 3% of those using the drug, and causes side effects ranging from uncomfortable to deadly!

Statins Deplete a Vital Nutrient Your Body Needs

There’s more bad news for those taking statin drugs. Statins severely deplete levels of CoEnzyme Q10 (CoQ10), which puts your heart in grave danger, because it needs CoQ10 for optimal performance. A Columbia University study found that within 30 days of statin therapy, your levels of CoQ10 can be decreased by half.

Not only does CoQ10 help your heart, it boosts energy throughout your system and helps fight fatigue. In addition, CoQ10 helps to reduce muscle-related pain and weakness, which are major side effects of statin drugs.

The Natural Solution for Balanced Cholesterol Levels

Big Pharma does not want you to know this, but hundreds of clinical studies published in prestigious medical journals, such as the Annals of Internal Medicine and the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, have proven that naturally occurring compounds found in red yeast rice, an important traditional food throughout Asia, are one of the most effective ways to balance cholesterol quickly and with no side effects. Sadly, you may not even know about red yeast rice because few doctors have the time to keep up on the latest research, especially when a natural compound is involved.

Not All Red Yeast Rice Is Equal

While red yeast rice is an amazingly effective natural remedy, purchasing low-quality red yeast rice may actually cause more harm than good, so it is essential to know what to look for. Here are four important tips:

1. Choose organic red yeast rice since it is found to be the purest and most effective.

2. It is important to choose a product that has been carefully processed to remove a potential toxin called citrinin, a by-product of the red yeast rice fermentation process.

3. Always look for a supplement made in the United States in an FDA inspected facility and one that meets the stringent standards of US Pharmacopeia (USP).

4. To get an effective daily dose, read the label on the bottle to ensure it contains 1,200 mg of pure red yeast rice. Anything less and you will not be taking a clinically effective dose.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike, I've been on atorvastatin for quite a few years for cholesterol problems. I take the lowest dosage and have had no known side effects from it. When I first started taking it, the doctor told me that he was required by law to run blood tests every 6 months to monitor the cholesterol levels and liver functions. I asked him how much this med could affect my liver. He said that taking the low dosage would be negligible. So far, I've had great results with the cholesterol levels and no liver problems.
After one of the blood tests, he was going over the results with me. I had quit smoking and was worried about how weight gain would affect my cholesterol. I had heard that overweight people had more problems with cholesterol than people who were not overweight. He said that there was some differences and it would be better if I didn't gain a lot of weight. He was quite a bit overweight. I asked him if he had any problems with high cholesterol. He said, "No, I like whiskey." I laughed and told him I thought he was kidding. He told me that he was not kidding! I found out later that he did indeed imbibe quite often in whiskey!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Mike, I've been on atorvastatin for quite a few years for cholesterol problems. I take the lowest dosage and have had no known side effects from it. When I first started taking it, the doctor told me that he was required by law to run blood tests every 6 months to monitor the cholesterol levels and liver functions. I asked him how much this med could affect my liver. He said that taking the low dosage would be negligible. So far, I've had great results with the cholesterol levels and no liver problems.
After one of the blood tests, he was going over the results with me. I had quit smoking and was worried about how weight gain would affect my cholesterol. I had heard that overweight people had more problems with cholesterol than people who were not overweight. He said that there was some differences and it would be better if I didn't gain a lot of weight. He was quite a bit overweight. I asked him if he had any problems with high cholesterol. He said, "No, I like whiskey." I laughed and told him I thought he was kidding. He told me that he was not kidding! I found out later that he did indeed imbibe quite often in whiskey!

Hmmm; ordering IRISH Whiskey, then... I LOVE Irish Coffee! :coffee2: :hello2: :laughing7:

heveemetal

Greenie
Sep 10, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pomegranate juice

A glass of pomegranate juice per day will lower cholesterol but it is a little expensive. I lowered my cholesterol from 220 to160 with no other changes other than the juice.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
do I still need to be taking shark cartilage?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread