surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
RON (PA) said:
BigCypress,

Take it from a fella who does not like doctor's either. I finally went and now I'm in trouble with the doctor and my wife. Two women mad at me is two too many.

The first thing that popped into my mind was brown recluse spider bite. Not saying that it is one, but the first thing. River Rat brought up another great option as well, a staph infection.

I do like the idea of the rubbing alcohol, but that is more for an infection as it will help kill the bacteria. Either way, please go see a doctor. Brown recluse spider bites can get real nasty real quick.

A Brown Recluse is the first thing I thought of too. I was bitten by one about 10yrs ago on the leg. I waited a while when it looked like your bite, and in 2 more days it swelled up unbelievably and I could actually see 2 bite marks on the center, looked like fangs. It became really pusey, and red, and was hot to the touch and was spreading up my leg.

I went to the hospital and they confirmed the spider bite and said I could have had serious problems as the infection was traveling up my leg. They gave me some kinda heavy duty antibiotics and it slowly healed. It didn't hurt that much, but was annoying and really gross looking.

My advice is as everyone else here has said. Go to the Doctor asap.

Keep us posted!

HH 8) surfrat

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Cy: speaking from personal experience, some of which was posted in here a few years ago, i was bitten while I was asleep. There was no pain associated with it. Just that the next morning I had a good itch on the right side of my head just above the ear. This then spread down from my head, neck, shoulder, to my waist. I had many little so called bullseye erruptions which itched like h---.

Female pressure forced me to the local clinic where it was confirmed that it was a spider bite - we have a nasty one here. They gave me a shot and happiiy told me that I would prob be well in 4 months, and so it was to the day.

However whether by co-incidence or whatever, not too long after I came down with cancer in my lower lip and neck, on the right side.. I now have a sexy leer and a skinny neck, so be aware of future possible complications, apparently depending upon your present treatment so, as the song goes

"we're off to see the doc, the wonderful doc of florida"

Take yer shots like a man., coward!

Don Jose de La Mancha

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
It may be nothing serious, but I wouldn't take the chance. I've had staph before, and thats definately not staph. My whole arm turned the nastiest shade of green and black in a matter of two days, it spreads rapidly.

Do get in though. If need be, disguise yourself as a Cuban. ;)

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
You really have to see the doctor !! Looks like a spider bite for sure > hope not a recluse but none the less you have cellulitis !! staph infection > but you will need antibiotics!!! Take everyones advice and get to a DR. soon !!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI wild,if it wasn't for those cute litte things, you would be overwhelmed with other creepy crawly thinges, some worse. give em a smooch in thanks.

As they say, "spiders are lean mean killing machines with a constant huge appetite" just don't get on their list.

I don't even kill the Scorpions that run around in the computer room, just toss em back into the back garden to continue their work..

Don Jose de La Mancha

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
BigCypress.... Looks like a spider bite to me, too. My secretary got bit by a brown recluse and the doctor's talk scared the hell out of her. Skin turning black, eaten away, surgeries, etc. If you google for spider bites, you'll see what we're meaning when we tell you to get to the doc today. Looks somewhat like a boil (I just got over one), except you can see in the very middle a break in the skin. You haven't been picking at it, have you? Usually a boil doesn't erupt that soon. Either way, hefty antibiotics would be in order.

goseethedocgoseethedocgoseethedocgoseethedoc. And let us know what he/she says. We're morbidly curious! ;D

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
180 now and still no report from the doctor!! >:( Someone spank him and make him go to the doctor!! ;) Sure hope everything is okay!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
there are several types of "bad" spiders---brown recluse will cause you to ROT very bad .which can cause blood poisoning which can cause a lost of limb or even your life--and thats just one--the are also black widows ---very bad news (more folks die from them than rattlers every year but folks don't know that---their deadly as heck --very poisious) thats two--don't forget ticks---thet can carry lime disease,and rock min spotted fever very bad IF TREATED RAPIDLY---if left to fester --you could be toast---there are also several types on infection which can rapidly spread and cause a deadly rapid and massive infection---PLEASE GO TO A DOCTOR--before its too late ---because that really looks really bad and sadly I have seen what bad looks like way too often in my life---you can thank us later---Ivan

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Uh are you still alive or what? listen this many people can't all be totally wrong --get to the doctor will ya?---and be nice enought to tell us you did, so that we don't think the worse happened to you.

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Maybe he is bedridden because of his pain and swelling. Or, the putrid smelling, gangrenous leg is about to cause a blood infection and he is too stubborn to go to the doctor.

Wait...I think I hear him screaming and writhing in pain.

Nope, thats Little Richard, "help me, somebody help me".

Or maybe that is my cell mate.

Burt

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Im sorry. Everything is fine. TN has so many caring people. I took everyones advice and went to the doctor yesterday evening.

They say it definetely looks like a bug bite but is also infected and could be a staph infection that I picked up somewhere in my environment. The doc said I could have been bitten in bed and not feel it. Either way, change sheets. I was injected with a large syringe of anti-biotics and need to fill a script today for more. I felt fever and nausea and went to sleep early. If no improvement in 10 days, I am to come back. It has gotten a little worse but not much and I feel better that I went to ER. :)

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
You're a good boy. :-* Take your meds and rest and keep us updated. THANKS FOR GOING! I feel better now. -Noodle

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
smart move bigcy! back in the day people used to die from staph infections. they can get very nasty if they get into your blood. you did the right thing for sure.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
hollowpointred said:
smart move bigcy! back in the day people used to die from staph infections. they can get very nasty if they get into your blood. you did the right thing for sure.
They told me the infection is in my system. I have only now become a little worried. My friend went into a coma and died last year from a knee infection. The redness and nausea has increased.

Attachments

• MVC-007F.JPG
    MVC-007F.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 689

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
Take your meds. Take ALL of them. Don't stop just because you start to feel better. Antibiotics have to run their full course with their full dose.

And if it happens again you will....??? That's right, GO TO THE DOCTOR RIGHT AWAY!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread