Chili Cookoff - And the TN Chili Recipe Winner IS????

M

MiniMe

Thanks to all that entered. Only had 5 entries and 3 that qualified for the contest - #1-TreasureTales, #2-Buscadero & #3-BudP. It'll be a week before the house stops smelling like chili.. :D been cooking it for the past two days.I also have enough chili in the freezer to last until winter.... ;)

They were all very good recipes...they are all winners and they all tasted excellent.

It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do because I'm one of those cooks that likes to add a little this & that, never really follow a recipe to the tee, but I had to this time and it drove me crazy.... ::) ::) ::)

Anyway, filled three bowls with the different chili's and sat Civilman down for the tastin' . Took him quite a while to finally make up his mind....kept going back and forth....Finally he made his decision....

#2-BUSCADERO is the WINNER.......

Now with that said, I feel sorry for the guys that Civilman has to work with tomorrow.. :D :D :D....Thanks to all for submitting your recipes. Happy Cookin'

Attachments

• P4150001.JPG
    P4150001.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 213
  • P4150002.JPG
    P4150002.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 202
  • P4150003.JPG
    P4150003.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 218
  • P4150004.JPG
    P4150004.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 181

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
:o WOW! Thank You! First of all, I'd like to Thank the Academy........ ;D I'm glad you liked the Recipe! I've been using it for about 15 yrs now! Any TN Members are welcome to use it! Enjoy!
Hope the Hubby recovers! ;)
Thanks Again,

Joe/ Buscadero

What's next on the agenda? I know you love Cooking!

BudP

Sep 19, 2005
OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT17000/Explorer XS/Exp SE Pro
Buscadero,,,,,,,,,,,CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I'll wait for the tamale cook-off. You're goin' down son.........Now I gotta go and try your recipe......Already eating Pepcid from my own chili.

Bud

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Joe....Congratulation's,I thought it was an awesome tasting Chili....but that was after about a 1/2 hr. of tasting and rinsing my mouth with a cold one to get the full flavor of each one....Lucky me!If it was up to me they were all winner's but I had to pick one...Lucky me again!Don't get me wrong TT and BudP...you guy's had some awesome recipe's too,Just wish the HazMat would stop following me around.....Great job guy's....You owe me one!!I think we're having Chili for dinner.....Imagine that!!!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BudP said:
Buscadero,,,,,,,,,,,CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I'll wait for the tamale cook-off. You're goin' down son.........Now I gotta go and try your recipe......Already eating Pepcid from my own chili.

Bud
Hey Bud.....bring that one on too,I love Tamale's....And then I'll join you in a Pepcid eating contest....Thank's for the recipe....Hard choice on my part.....

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D Poor Civil. Congrats on that winning recipe though, BUSCADERO~!

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

Nana40 said:
:D Poor Civil.

LOL, believe me Civil enjoyed this as much as I did cooking it....he enjoyed the chili's he rinsed each bite down with as much as he like the chili's he ate....LOL ;D Anyway, it was fun for us both, we're just staying down wind today.....even little man has been running :D :D :D.

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

buscadero said:
:o I'd like to Thank the Academy........ ;D
What's next on the agenda? I know you love Cooking!

Sorry we didn't have the red carpet for ya!, :D........I'll be thinking, believe me there will be something else coming, I just have to figure out what I want to stock up the freezer with next ???...., LOL...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread