jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Guess Gas will Rise till it hits $10.00 A gallon.
Then the Government will step in because Nobody
will be able to afford to work.

Then Gas will drop to $5.00 per Gallon
and everyone will rejoice thinking we're in heaven.

Just like we all forgot 3 Gallons for a Dollar.

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
If it's not bad now, wait a month or 2 and watch the prices in the grocery store go up. I've 2 teenage boys that eat like horses (they are not fuel efficient ;D). Looks like our mini vacation is on hold again this year :'(

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
There are lots of reasons for the increase, a few have already been touched on. One that hasn't been mentioned is the worldwide trend. Developing countries are using more.... much more than they used to. China and India, for example.
We haven't built a refinery in 30 plus years, so even if we could get all we want, cheap.... it still wouldn't make a difference unless our cars ran on crude.

Yes, the gas companies are public and the bottom line is make money for the investors.

These e-mails touting do not buy gas on such and such a day aren't realistic in any way, other than to make you think you stuck it to the man. Actually you didn't, cause you're gonna fill up tomorrow anyways. But if it makes you feel good, go for it.

BTW- we've had a tremendous run of cheap gas for many decades. It looks like that may be over, or getting there. We're gonna have to pay what the rest of the world pays eventually, so buckle up! Europe's been paying twice what we do for years.

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Gas price in Ontario fluctuates from $1.00 per liter to $1.09 per litre, because the oil companies know they cant 'fluct' all of the people all of the time, so they just rotate it through the neighborhoods
A U.S. Gallon has 3.78 liters so comparing the two costs 3.78 x 1.09 =$4.12 'Canadian' A 'U.S.' gallon add the 12% difference in money you get $4.61 U.S. for a U.S. gallon.. And you thought 'you' were getting screwed...Now, when (and if) it drops down to .90 (Canadian) a liter ($3.81 U.S. a gallon) then all the brain deads up here will rejoice and say "ain't that cheap" and THATS exactly what the oil companies are waiting to hear.. It's got nothing to do with diminished production, and everything to do with what the market will bear.. Todays 'gas out' day, is focused on what the market will bear.. The Oil companies in Canada, have seen a overall profit increase almost exactly equal to the rise in fuel prices since Katrina. Katrina was the best thing to ever happen for the oil companies. It gave them the excuse to actually SEE what the market will bear, and their STILL pushing the outside of the envelope..

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Jeffro, don't be suprised if the oil co. tries to buy back your stock with their profits before long. That way they don't have to share in the profit and the stockholders won't have a say in their operation. ;)

Told the boss we're going to Colo. on a short vacation in July and to expect a call from us to wire the gas money so we can get back. LOL

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
so what happened? did the price of gas actually change? i would go find out myself but that would require driving to town and wasting liquid gold.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only way to screw the oil companys is to use alternative energy. So we need to push our politicians to invest our taxes in new technologies and new energy sources.
Burdie

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
The technology is there, the fact of the issue is alot of our politicians have their hands in big oils pockets. So if/when we can get politicians with no ties what so ever to the oil companies life will be grand cause they wont be swayed by the money being thrown at them. Just my opinion.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ours went up as well, make sure you all fuel up before memorial day weekend because by that Friday prices will be higher.

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
dont even get me talkin about propane. its the devil. iv lived in the south my entire life and recently moved to north dakota and was shocked when i got my first propane bill last winter.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Propane was $2.19 here in April.
Last time I filled my tanks.
Won't need it till at least November again.

I only use it for Heating Water & Cooking
during Warm months.

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
dunno how much it is right now. my wife pays the bills and she tossed it after she paid it. but during the winter its gets up close to $300.

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Folks,

I happened to be going through some old photos and found the following one. I hope you can make out the price on the gas station sign. I took this photo in April 1973 in my hometown of Enid, OK. I took the photo because nobody could believe that the price of gas had suddenly lept to an absurd price of 32 cents a gallon!!!! In Oklahoma, we were used to "gas wars", when the price of gas would be 15 cents a gallon. No...this was not in WWI....this was in 1973.
---Mel

Attachments

• gas station.jpg
    gas station.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 266

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Yesterday it was $3.14 and was the same when I went to work this morning. When I got off this evening, the fracken price went up to $3.34. >:( Used to it was a nickle here and 6 to 8 cents there, but .20 in one whack. :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread