Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rayzhell said:
Remember if you can avoid it don't buy gas today its suppose to be national stick it to the gas company day lol
OK no gas today, I will get it tomorrow.

There is absolutely nothing we can do to punish the gas company. They know we need it, so they do what they want. (raise their prices and pay off a few more politicians)

OP
OP
R

rayzhell

May 9, 2007
watseka, il
yeah i know and then doing it after mothers day when they hit good highs is kinda redundant but its worth a shot

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
almost every day is a no gas day for me.

Big deal, it's still going up & will.

They know what they want,
(an extra Trillion a year)
& they are going to get there.

Like it or not.

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
I just bought a motorcycle to try and save on gas by not using my truck as much. Just hope I don't get killed! LOL!!! Driver's in So. Fl. are the rudest in the nation. Lots of road rage.

HH 8) surfrat

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
Good Idea! and It won't be hard to do as my financial manager(Wife) said I've got to make mine last til' the 1st.

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
It won't make a bit of difference if the whole country doesn't buy gas today. The gas companies lose profits today but make it up later. Longterm, profits continue apace. What would make a difference is if you cut back on your overall, longterm gas consumption.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still think it's the opposite of
what everyone is told.

I think when use Goes up, Prices are down.

And when use Drops they up Prices to make up for it.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
jeff of pa said:
I still think it's the opposite of
what everyone is told.

I think when use Goes up, Prices are down.

And when use Drops they up Prices to make up for it.

:o Now that would backfire badly if everyone obeyed emails then, wouldn't it! ;) Unfortunately with the drywall business there is not an option of not using fuel even one day, yesterday we put almost 400 miles on the pickup OUCHIE

Cerulean

Dec 1, 2006
Washington, DC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wanna really stick it to the oil company? Drive an efficient car. Shorten your commute distance. Use less electricity. Consume less plastic. Only a long-term effort to use less will affect The Man.

* In most homes, the majority of electricity consumption goes into heating and air conditioning, with a smaller amount going to water heating and to lighting. Go easy on your thermostat and it will reward you with a lower utility bill. With the sizable percentage of petroluem sales going to power plants, your local power plant will need less fuel to produce less watts, and the oil company won't like that.

* Did you know that plastic is made from oil? A recent survey showed that 70% of Americans think that plastic isn't made from oil. Over 30% thinks it will biodegrade. News flash... plastic is made from oil, and it lasts for centuries. Ten percent of petroleum in the USA is used for plastics manufacturing. If we all cut our plastics usage in half, that's a noticable 5% impact on the oil companies' bottom line, and the oil company won't like that. Think about that next time you reach for that cling wrap, plastic fork, or styrofoam coffee cup.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not buying gas today, but I doubt it will help. Gas goes up cost of goods go up cost to transport goods go up my pay rate...stays the same :'( That is where the problem really is

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The biggest problem.

The Rich use what they want.
they can afford it.

The Middle Income people Buy Cars that use less Fuel
to try & afford it.

The Low income people, Can't afford anything but Gas Guzzlers
Their completly Screwed.

& pulling the Middle Income down to their level
thanks to the Rich. Who couldn't care less,
as their Driver fills their tank & only their accountants
know what it costs.

For the Record, I get about 14 MPG
& have filled my tank maby 10 times this year.

"MABY" usually it's once a month.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to honor this no gas day. I do doubt it will do anything. I don't trust the oil companies one bit. They are flat out lying. The do control pricing. I am going to start using a new gas station. My normal one in Preston, MD has gas at $2.89 for Reg Unleaded. 10 miles down the road at the new WAWA it is $2.71. I cannot justify not getting it there. By the way, in Easton,MD where the WAWA is almost all the gas stations in town dropped to $2.74 to $2.71. Go figure!.

Ed D.

S

skydiv

I'll try to explain, I heard a oil guy on the radio (not george bush) there is something like 147 oil refineries in this country. it is coming to the summer months and each state has its own regulation for their summer blend for polution. there is 20 something refineries that can produce the summer blends. these refineries can't meet the demands so they raise the prices to slow things down. Also if you have an IRA or 401 plan you have stocks in oil. you want a profit or you will dump your stocks, right? We are the problem for high oil prices because of our 401s and we want to burn all the gas we want to. this country need to build a few more refineries.

usair727

May 4, 2007
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
I did not buy gas today, but will have to buy it this week to get to the V.A. hospital...
90 miles away, they will give me 6 dollars for travel expense for the trip..where they will charge me for the meds that have to give me for injuries I received in the Gulf War in 1991.The Government will not do any thing about the rising prices of gas , so we are on our own. I personally do not know what to do?....
Phil
???

transplant

Dec 26, 2006
If everyone stay home over the memorial day weekend the gas company would feel that!!!just think about it Friday if you parked your cars and said if we can't walk to it then we don,t need it and then Tuesday you might see a different no mall don,t spend a dime. that would effect all kinds of business. and then you hear that something has to be done. gas company also make a lot of money from inside sales at there company owned stores.

Recruiter

Oct 13, 2006
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I normally watch the cost of oil on the stock market. Here is a trend I see, when the price per barrel goes up the price of gas goes up, when the price per barrel goes down the cost of gas stays the same. It is like stair steps flat the up flat then up...... very rarley does it go down even if the cost of oil goes down. I have been watching this for about a year. Gas was $3.09 today. Everything makes the price go up, supply and demand, refinery problems, war conflicts, and me typing this email. Any reason for Gas and oil companies, politicians, and any one else who has thier hand in the pot to make just a little more. The government should be the first to cut down on the use of govt vehicles, not just federal but also the state, city and county. I see a lot of the vehicle that have government tags driving down the street, and I wonder is the trip really necessary? Any way I will get off my soap box because this one subject that really get under my skin.

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
Gas goes up cost of goods go up cost to transport goods go up my pay rate...stays the same That is where the problem really is

You nailed it!

Honestly, I don't think any of us realize how enormous the profits are for these companies. Exxon's profits alone would probably surprise even a Howard Hughes or an Andrew Carnegie.

We all know that gas prices are rising, but have you ever wondered how much of the rise is actually a decline in the purchasing power of the dollar?

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
Born2Dtect said:
I am going to honor this no gas day. I do doubt it will do anything. I don't trust the oil companies one bit. They are flat out lying. The do control pricing. I am going to start using a new gas station. My normal one in Preston, MD has gas at $2.89 for Reg Unleaded. 10 miles down the road at the new WAWA it is $2.71. I cannot justify not getting it there. By the way, in Easton,MD where the WAWA is almost all the gas stations in town dropped to $2.74 to $2.71. Go figure!.

Ed D.

i wouldnt complain about your gas prices there. up here in NoDak we are paying 3.29 per gallon, and thats with 10% ethanol. i dont get it. how can you have 10% ethanol in and not have any price relief??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread