Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My three legged cat at 13, he passed away at 14 never suffered. Just could not hunt as well so I would skin and feed him squirrels on occasion. Cats hunt it is what they do. Hard to tell when a cat is suffering so keep that in mind. I had to have his front limb removed at 11. He lived well for 3 years after that. I do not look at cost as much as quality of life for the animal. Sometimes you have hard decisions.

IMG_0603.JPG

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
People in the mental health field have said men with hostility to cats have hostility to women.
My wife's grandfather told her when she was of age to look for men who like cats. Not just tolerate cats but those who really like them.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a female manx cat at a house I cleaned out and brought her home. She got pregnant by a male of ours....now have multiple cats. All fixed but all house cats. I couldn't get rid of them if I tried. Can't even give them to new homes, wife and kids refuse to let me. Guess I am a cat guy now.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
It's not about $ for me with my pets.

It's about quality of life. I have had to let a trusted vet call the day to put my sidekick down.

It's rough, but it wasn't fair to keep her alive any longer. Nature would have ended her life a couple of years earlier, so she lived a little longer life, but not in pain.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recommend pet insurance. I have 2 parrots and both have health insurance.... $15 a month for each parrot, $55 deductible 80/20 after that and worth every penny, vet bills for parrots can get expensive real quick..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff you know rules on politics.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And they live forever!!:laughing7: My uncle has the same parrot he had when I was a little kid. I'm not sure how old it is, but i know it's at least 30 years or more...
Life expectancy of not my parrots a 60-65.... One is12 the other is 9....

Ruby 12 years old.. Eclectus Female
c7de0973d85c6bc6b6772f18d36d75f3.jpg

Lucky 9 years old..Yellow Nape Amazon Male
1f441b898f75874aa6a7951d04c3290a.jpg

3c6b0b23d4c56a921805cadcd3db7246.jpg

Last edited:

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep those parrots away from the cats TH.........Just sayin!!!

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MrWil - I try to look at both sides of each issue. Conservation issues with Pheasants, Grouse, Partridge and others have been a sore subject as stray and outside cats destroy their population. Not to mention birders who see their passion being killed.

So, it is what it is - Some people love emm and some people hate emm!!

I myself, would never kill anything unless it's for dinner!!! :occasion14:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, about 10 years ago, I started going out with this girl. We just started to get kind of serious, then her cat starts getting ill all the time. We take her to the Vet and he says she has a fungus in her sinuses from sniffing bird crap. The cats whole face was swelling badly. Almost $2000! I said there was no way I was going to spend $2000 on a cat she found on the street. So, as I was writing out the check for $2000............... the next day we go to the Vets for "moral support" for the cat during the operation. A while later, the vet comes in and says that there have been complications, and to continue will cost another $700. I was ready to pull the plug on this cat and take her for a long ride. So, as I was writing out the check for $700............After the operation, they kept the cat overnight. We went to the vet and picked up the cat the next day. Everything was peachy. My gf was happy. I was happy (although not THAT happy being $2700 lighter than I had been for a cat that was never inside or very cuddly). A week later the cat died (hit by a car). I was at work all day. When I got home, she told me that she had been researching all day and she got us a really good deal on a funeral package for the cat at ONLY (about) $800 all in. I told her that I had already planned the cats funeral and all it would cost me was a shovel, a shoebox, and gas money. I was NOT going to spend ANOTHER $800 on a dead cat! So, I was writing out the check for $800............ The cat got buried (with a headstone). A year later, we broke up. HAPPY ENDING!

Mike

OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all.
Took me a bit to find my own thread? Obviously moved here from General Discussion...
Anyway, I just want to thank you for outstanding comments and heartfelt reply's.
Some seem to think that my sick cat, is just a cat. Not true. He's been a family member and friend, and will be treated as such. Expenses be damned!
It may be selfish of me though, to force him to undergo procedures that will entail pain, recovery and/or future procedures. Not sure what to do actually.
CT scan is scheduled for Friday. If scan reveals polyp is cancerous... dunno. Confused at moment.
Thanks again.
Peace ✌

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pets are family I would do what I could. I have spent a lot of money saving/fixing/helping animals. I have had some "off" cats too. Looney in fact. Speaking of looney...I wanted to be a psychiatrist as a young man, even spent a year in college. I learned there was no way I was going to try to "fix" people!:laughing7:
People are like cats....Feed'em, pet'em, they are fine...but at any minute they can flip out!:laughing7:

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez, Tesoro Stingray, C&G Wildcat, Pistol Probe Pro. Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow, we have gone from a person caring for a sick family pet to squishing spiders. No matter what you say about animals (and insects) the most dangerous and scary living things on this planet are .... Humans!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread was cleaned for being way, way off topic and not because anyone reported it. You can report all you wish that does not mean it will be removed. Off topic/hi-jacking a thread and personal insults will be deleted. I was replying to OP's original post and trying to give support to a member that asked for help and support.
If you wish to start a new thread about any of this you are welcome to. I will be happy to jump in.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Removed the rest of my posts that were off topic....sry! Got carried away!!:laughing7:

Sent pm to you CincinnatiKid, so that I wasn't posting, another off topic post!

Last edited:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[Not the Case at all. Everybody Agrees/disagrees at some point. I disagree with your post and i'm not calling for it to be removed. To compare the two makes no sense. Let me give you an Example of "Options" in the type of situation where a cat is a problem. I had a few Rats running around the outside of my house.....Getting into my bird feeder and my Chickens food bowl....Was it a problem? YEP Did i need to Kill them? NOPE ...Bought a LIVE trap with some scrap food and the problem was solved with no harm to the Rats. Do you know why? Because i have Compassion for living things. I understood the Rats are just trying to survive so Needless slaughter of them was not needed.

So what did you do with the live rats? Those rats can spread disease.it wouldn't be fair to release them in my opinion. Besides, a cat has got to eat too.

My friends keeps a cat in his shop. Not one mouse or critter in his chicken feed.

Two years ago his cat got ahold of a trebel hook that was hanging off a fishing reel in the shop. My friend spent around $400 getting the hook removed. It was one heck of a good cat, part house cat companion and part barn cat.

OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to say, the final numbers have been realized.
A cat that's been a friend, family member and an overall joy to know is priceless!
But, today I had to euthanize him. He was too sick to fix.
Death will eventually claim all of us, but choosing the exact time and place a living creature dies, was difficult.
Yea, some will say it was just a cat. Get over it.
That's cool too. This ain't for you then.
To kill and cremate my friend was $253. He will be missed!
Long live Pumba...
Peace ✌

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Sorry to say, the final numbers have been realized.
A cat that's been a friend, family member and an overall joy to know is priceless!
But, today I had to euthanize him. He was too sick to fix.
Death will eventually claim all of us, but choosing the exact time and place a living creature dies, was difficult.
Yea, some will say it was just a cat. Get over it.
That's cool too. This ain't for you then.
To kill and cremate my friend was $253. He will be missed!
Long live Pumba...
Peace ✌

Had to do the same for my cat, Tuffy... hard to do it, and yeah, I was pissed. I banged the table after Tuffy was gone (had her for 17 years), scared the wife & Vet, nurses came running in... HA! Took her body home & buried her in box provided by the Vet, at the place where the wife & I were renting; I had created a Virginia Tech flower garden in memory of the kids killed at VT. Yes, wife, I, & Tuffy were "HOKIES" (VT Fans). Nephew played foot-ball for VT... :icon_thumleft: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woke up this morning, took shower, dressed for work and headed to kitchen as usual. Nearly put fresh water in cats bowl? Strange.
Got home from work, took shower, dressed to chill and headed to kitchen as usual. Nearly opened a can of cat food?
Strange.
Amazing how daily unconscious habits stick.
All is well.
Thanks all.
Peace ✌

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions