Unexplained activity - Paranormal

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
jeff of pa said:
:D ;D

Seriously, Any Cool Stories ?

Too many.........but it's all friendly. I think they like to play alot of games. Someone gets "anxious?" once in a while and walks the 3 flights of stairs, up and down, up and down. A girl came to visit once (never came back) she was going up the stairs, foot steps behind her, the faster she went the faster the steps behind her went.

We have tennants here and everyone has an "experience" to tell.

What do you expect when Capt. Turner slaughters th Indians here, then a Dr. builds "The Sornborger Sanitarium" in 1870. This is what we call home.

First picture is of the house around the turn of the century, the scond is the Capt. Turner monumet across the Rd.

Attachments

• home1.JPG
    home1.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 755

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
CG sent me here to read her post and thought I'd share a couple of stories.

About 12 years ago I was living in a small Victorian in Nashville built in 1904. It was routine to hear steps going down the hallway and there were numerous times that the cat I had at the time would awake from a sleep and follow something around the room; but I never saw it. Never felt threatened; instead thought it was kinda neat :)

I was very close to my grandfather on my Mother's side. When he passed away, only the immediate family went to the burial because the family cemetery was 3 hours away in Saxon, PA. After the minister said some words, me, my uncle, my Dad, and 2 workers lowered the casket in the grave. When they started filling it I had to walk away fighting a complete breakdown of tears. All of a sudden I felt a hand on my shoulder and my Grandfather saying to me, don't worry Wesley; it'll be alright. I turned with a start and of course, there was nothing there. But I know, as sure as I am sitting here now, that was my Grandfather comforting me.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Animals I believe are even more "sensitive" than we are. One of my dogs (very friendly, loved to give kisses) would run into the living room wagging her tail, stand on her hind legs, licking the air. Now that was wierd.

Sorry about you Grandfather. Nice he comforted you.

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs
Well, I guess I'll throw in one of my experiences.
We were investigating an old house with a long history. Several people have died in the house over it's many years. Two of them were children. I was using a magnetic field sensor and kept getting a reading, then nothing. Move to another spot, reading, then nothing. I felt that there was someone around, but couldn't really figure it out. This happened about 6 times in the same room. At one point I followed the reading down to the 2nd floor and back up the stairs into the same room.
I was getting frustrated with the sensor. A moment later I heard laughter from the doorway. One of our psychics was standing there grinning at me.
"The kids are playing hide-and-seek with you.", she said as she looked around the room. That started me laughing, so I kept "playing the game" for a few more minutes.
There have been some interesting other experiences in that house.

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
When I was in high school (17), my best friend of died in a stupid accident. About 3 weeks later, I was with some other friends, and someone (we'll call him bill) picked a fight with me... during the process, he said something about how Jared (my friend) deserved to die... Needless to say I beat the snot out of him.

As I was walking away from this A@#$##... I swear I heard my friend Jared's voice say "Look out!" from just over my left shoulder. (I'm getting goosebumps again just typing this story). I jerked my head quickly to the left and turned... just as bill was trying to stab me in the back with the knife he had pulled.

An off-duty cop saw most of the incident... he intervened... and bill was arrested after the trip to the hospital to fix his broken arm and jaw among other things (courtesy of yours truly). To this day I swear I heard Jared's voice over my shoulder. And that probably saved my life. When I turned, the knife grazed my shoulder at an angle instead of hitting me square over the spine. So... while some people may be skeptical of those "hokey" and "odd" feelings... I tend to pay them a lot of respect

steve

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have tried moonshine whiskey from a fruit jar and have seen many things. Monty

OP
OP
G

gtfd47

Apr 10, 2007
Northeast MA
Detector(s) used
Whites spectrum xlt
Monty,

Took a trip to Prince Edward Island Canada to visit wifes family. They live on the rural side of the island. All sorts of stories of "little people" and Ghost ships. While partying someone broke out a jug of shine. Holy crap. Its no wonder they see things :o

slowreaper

Feb 11, 2007
Turners Falls MA
The first night in our new apartment in Turners Falls I woke up to knocking on the bedroom wall. We are the only apartment on the third floor. The next day a dark fog covered the entry way inside the apartment. It lasted a few mins. then dissapated.

Brad

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
I have tried moonshine whiskey from a fruit jar and have seen many things. Monty

I have never tried "Moonshine", & I don't think very many
of the thousands of witnesses, including the Mayor, Highway
Patrol officers, newspaper reporters, leading clergy & especially
the (Norad) pilot's were drinking it on the night of the green lights
spending several hour's over the city in Ar.
And I don't believe the disc-jockeys who intervued witnesse's
several years later about what they saw were drinking it either.

Fossis......................

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I'm closing on a house on May 31st... next week.

The guy who owned it committed suicide in it about three months ago...

I'll keep you advised.... :o

Nick in NEPA

Dec 28, 2006
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my best friends died last August in an accident. He was 13, and his family has felt his presence on several occasions.

fbjr

Apr 13, 2007
Elmira, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030/Minelab e-trac/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't usually write/type much but I really love this topic so why not share a story. I have a best friend (Rob) that got maried about 8 years ago. They bought a house that belonged to his wife's stepmother. Supposedly when she lived there she had been taking care of her father who ended up passing away in the house after a battle with cancer. I used to go over every weekend to hang out (watch movies, video games and occasionaly drink). I would always stay the night, sleeping in either the spare bedroom or down in the living room on the couch. There were tons of times that we would both hear strange noises coming from other rooms. No big deal cuz that's quite common. But one freaky thing that Rob told me was that he woke up once in the middle of the night and had to pee really bad. His bedroom was at one end of the hall, the bathroom was about in the middle of the hall and the spare room was at the opposite end of the hall. He said he opened his door and headed towards the bathroom until he noticed a figure standing in the doorway of the spare room at the opposite end of the hall. He said it looked like an older man and he was so freaked he just ran back into his room and slammed the door shut. I wasn't really sure whether to believe what he saw was real or if it was just because it was in the middle of the night and he was probably still half asleep. My feelings changed within the following month. I was invited over once again and stayed over night, I slept on the couch. We had stayed up until about 4 in the AM watching movies, his wife had gone to bed about 12 and was sound to sleep. He finally decided he was going up to go to bed and said goodnight. I told him I would just sleep on the couch. It's an older house with creeky stairs so you can always hear when someone is on the stairs. He went up and I could hear him shut his bedroom door. I stayed up for about 20 more minutes and then decided to lay down to sleep. I got on the couch and rolled over on my side facing the back of the couch. As soon as I closed my eyes I could hear someone whisper my name...FRANK....I bugged out and jumped to my feet. I looked right towards the steps thinking Rob was on the landing and messing around but no one was there. I walked up and checked his door and it was closed, you can hear it when it's being opened and I never heard a sound. Needless to say it took a long time to get to sleep that night and I told Rob in the morning about it. It was just really strange because it was as if someone was standing right over me and whispering into my ear when it happened.
Frank

B

BIG61AL

This actually more common than thought to be. I think this is not so much as a voice from beyond as perhap more of mind blip. Every sound and every thing you have ever seen has been recorded into your brain. How many time has your name been heard by you in your life .... thousands and thousands of times. perhaps the stress of the situation has cause a message in the brain to take a slightly different path, a path where one of those times you recorded your name being spoken and it simply recreated that sound in your brain. It would even sound like it was on one side of you, your left or right depending on how it was heard the first time. a normal brain would not be able to function if did not store all this redundant information away from the important tasks at hand - seeing the present, thinking, processsing speech etc etc. Autism is a good example of this. I worked with someone with autism who could recalled the weather for anyday he was alive from about age two or three to his current age of 47. Clearly he was able to access that recorded memory far better than you or I but his mind is so focused on that task that he did not realise that his fly was open or he had not combed his hair that day or he did not shave one half of his face. His brain is "wired" different and just perhap that day you heard that voice it was simply just a fragment of your buried memory because your brain functioned ever so slightly from the normal way and crossed over that voice and there it was just like the time you heard it first.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I have recently had a female voice call "my name" It said ---Ivan,help me----it called me while I was sound asleep ---loud enough and strongly enough to wake me from a sound sleep--- it made me bolt up right in the bed---I started yelling honey is that you ? are you ok? ---I thought it was my wife "calling" for me like she had fell down and needed help --it was not her and she was worried ----she knows I am "gifted" in these matters ---(really I wish I wasn't ----sadly all I get is bad vibes from places bad things have happened at and feelings of pian and death which is not pleasent at all) but it is what it is ---I can not just shut it off---it happens randomly but accurately---seems at the time I "woke" up about 5 am that my old aunt pat ("had fell out of bed") she lives with her son (my best "male" friend in the world===my cousin E.C ) that I had just visited a few days before --- she had fallen and needed help --ec and me have been close for years---and later when I talked with him he said he thought he could have used my help at the time and said so to her " gee I wish Ivan was here to help me and my aunt had said --"Ivan help me" ---she was confused---she's blind and a bit addle minded and she must have "thought I was still visiting" and "called out to me"----my whole male line in this generation---(oddly it runs im my family like this--females --skip a gen--males-- skip a gen-- females again) my family has varying degrees of the "gift" & there differant types of it too ---of the current batch --mine is the strongest of the bunch they say but it is a sad one to have they all agree ---it can be tough to "cope" with at times--by the way my cousin lives in cocoa beach and I lived in jacksonville ---about 180 miles apart or so - my cousin is terrified by his "gift"---he "can " talk with the dead and they are drawn to him greatly (hes gift" most would call being a "medium")---they come and want to "speak with him"--- he shuts his eyes to not see them and rufuses to "speak" to them----my grandmother who truely mastered her gifts and was very very powerful came one night with my cousins father both were long dead in a attempt to get him to speak to the dead (he was but a child when his dad died) and it freaked him out so badly that it scared him half to death----I help and guide my cousin and others to understand their "gifts" --(since I "feel" what others feel ---my "gift" is that of a empath----- Ivan

K

Kentucky Kache

I find it much easier to believe in the supernatural than in the silly explanations that people come up with to debunk it. The way things are explained away, to me, requires a greater suspension of disbelief.

Nick in NEPA

Dec 28, 2006
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jbot said:
I find it much easier to believe in the supernatural than in the silly explanations that people come up with to debunk it. The way things are explained away, to me, requires a greater suspension of disbelief.
Like the government's debunkment of Roswell? First a weather balloon. Thyen it was a project that didn't even happen til 1952, five years after the crash.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aw gee Fossis , I was just funnin' you. I knew that. What about the spook light in Missouri? It's been there for as long as I can remember and I suppose it is still there if they haven't paved that little stretch of road and built condos. For those of you who don't know, it's a little stretch of gravel road out in the boonies of SW Missouri. You can park at one end and a small light will appear at the far end, about the size of a flashlight. It will gradually move toward you and get bigger and bigger, however not any brighter. Then it will zoom over head and just disappear right over your head. This is famous in this part of the country and has been witnessed by thousands of people over the years. It doesn't appear every night, but quite frequently. It's been discussed a lot but never explained as to what causes it. Monty

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I know that light has been around since '52.It was a great spot to go 'park' with that special girl.
Or really,with any girl!

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
warsawdaddy said:
I know that light has been around since '52.It was a great spot to go 'park' with that special girl.
Or really,with any girl!
They tried to explain it away as (headlights on the Hwy),
but it was seen by Indians, long before Automobile's were in
the area.
Fossis...................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread