Unexplained activity - Paranormal

gtfd47

Apr 10, 2007
Northeast MA
Detector(s) used
Whites spectrum xlt
I remember reading a post about people getting that "spooked out" feeling at various sites. That got me thinking about something that happened to me a few years ago and I figured I would relate it. I was a police Officer for a small notheastern town and was checking the end of an undeveloped cul de sac. This is often an area for illegal dumping and drug activity. As I got out of my cruiser, I noticed a path worn down in the ding weeds leading out into the woods. Being a PO, I decided to investigate further, as it was obvious someone had been out there and for no good reason. As I walked down the path, I made it about 50 ft passed the tree line, when clear as day, from behind me, I heard my first name from a male voice. :o I snapped around and instintively put my hand on my side arm. You guessed it...noone was there. It was clear as day. Needless to say, I made a hasty retreat back to my car and took off. Told some of my colleagues and got made fun of alot, but man it was wierd and left me with an uneasy feeling for a few days. It was not my radio. Just something off point I felt like relating. Any other "ghost, UFO or unexplained stories." Just curious. Feel free to move this post if nessacary.

Goose

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very strange, I thought I have heard my name called
before, but it may have been my imiganation.
In 1966 or 67, I stood on a hill & watched green lights
do all kind of acrobatics, (night time), along with all the
local dignataries & general public, thousands of people
witnessed this, also, there was a v-formation crossed the
sky, like in the documentary, (Phoenix Lights).
I stayed up until 2:00 AM, watching the sky.
Jets were sent from Norad, & a trail of smoke was
shot at them, & the craft easily outdistanced them.
I wished a thousand times I had kept the newspaper
article & pic, but I didn't.
This took place in Ft. Smith AR.

When I was a teenager, I, along with five other people
witnessed a large orange ball cross in an arc, in the sky
& go behind a ridge, it made no noise, it was twice as big
as a full moon.

I am 64 years of age, & only saw these in my lifetime,
( Everyone has a right to their opinion's, but I know what
I saw).

Fossis...........

bean man

Sep 2, 2006
Central Iowa
You did the right thing leaving Goose. I don't think I have ever heard my name like that but me and another marine heard a indian woman singing for several minutes, coming from a rock outcropping, above the tree line on top of a 10,000 ft. mountain. It was the middle of a 30 below zero night at the marine corps mountain warfare center in the sierra nevada mountains.
I always figured the altitude got to me. :-\

K

Kentucky Kache

Not long ago I walked into the bathroom at my mother's house and heard my own voice say, "Mom". Then my mother, in the living room, said, "What". We both heard me say mom.

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
gtfd47 said:
I remember reading a post about people getting that "spooked out" feeling at various sites. That got me thinking about something that happened to me a few years ago and I figured I would relate it. I was a police Officer for a small notheastern town and was checking the end of an undeveloped cul de sac. This is often an area for illegal dumping and drug activity. As I got out of my cruiser, I noticed a path worn down in the ding weeds leading out into the woods. Being a PO, I decided to investigate further, as it was obvious someone had been out there and for no good reason. As I walked down the path, I made it about 50 ft passed the tree line, when clear as day, from behind me, I heard my first name from a male voice. :o I snapped around and instintively put my hand on my side arm. You guessed it...noone was there. It was clear as day. Needless to say, I made a hasty retreat back to my car and took off. Told some of my colleagues and got made fun of alot, but man it was wierd and left me with an uneasy feeling for a few days. It was not my radio. Just something off point I felt like relating. Any other "ghost, UFO or unexplained stories." Just curious. Feel free to move this post if nessacary.

Goose

It was your guardian angel > not safe for you to go any further :) Blessing Margie

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
It's so weird that you posted this. That happened to me about 2 weeks ago. I was laying in bed, not asleep, but with my eyes closed, and I heard someone right next to me say "Mom", almost urgently sounding. Naturally, my eyes flew open immediately but no one was there! Also, one time my husband and I were out at his mom's ranch and we were standing outside looking at the stars when we saw a huge firey ball go across the sky. It was awesome! We kind of wrote it off as a meteor or space junk, but the weird thing was that there were no reports of anyone else seeing it.

vicki

S

stefen

Sometime back, I was at a 40th birthday party for a friend. They were having a western themed barbeque with a Cowboy band and all.

I was looking at a bale of hay across the yard and heard my mother call my name and say that she was tired and was going to sleep now...

Several moments later I got a call from my daughter who said the hospice had call and that mom had just passed...

Exact time...coincidence or what?

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stefen said:
Sometime back, I was at a 40th birthday party for a friend. They were having a western themed barbeque with a Cowboy band and all.

I was looking at a bale of hay across the yard and heard my mother call my name and say that she was tired and was going to sleep now...

Several moments later I got a call from my daughter who said the hospice had call and that mom had just passed...

Exact time...coincidence or what?

So sorry for your loss Stefen, three days after the
passing of my step-father, my mom & I both got a
phone call at 3:00 in the morning, (no answer).

Fossis................

OP
OP
G

gtfd47

Apr 10, 2007
Northeast MA
Detector(s) used
Whites spectrum xlt
Fossis,

I like your statement about "I know what I saw". That's so true. People often are quick to to dismiss others claims. I even find myself doing it sometimes. I think thats why I find this stuff so interesting. There is a ton of unexplained stuff out there and if people were less quick to dismiss it....who knows. Granted there are a ton of cooks out there. How bout this one. When my grandfather who was the typical "old man jokester" died, on the day of his funeral, my father was washing my grandfathers car in the driveway and my aunt was cleaning the bathroom. They both met each other in the kitchen, of my grandparents house, both soaking wet. After staring at each other briefly, they both began to laugh. The shower head fell off on my aunt while cleaning the tub at the same time the hose nozzle blew off on my father while washing the car. Sometimes its just the little things. Coincidence if you like, validation if you believe, but definately strange. Ever listen to coast to coast with George Noory. Late night talk show on the AM dial, used to be Art Bell (coasttocoastam.com). Strange, but entertaining. I just want to repeat I know there are alot of cooks...oops, I mean cukes...thats not right either..how bout crazy people out there. JEEEEEEZ of course there's alot of cooks out there...Ok im done.

goose

Goose

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goose this is the Right forum.

And Yes I have also heard my name called out Several times
while alone.

It is Freaky ;D

I have also heard someone rolling over in bed in another room
in my house on several occasions.
But there is no bed in the room & I live alone for many years.

it's sort of like a legless man getting an itch
between his toes.

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs
I enjoyed all of y'alls experiences. I'm kinda "sensitive" to that field myself.
I've got a paranormal investigation group here. You'd not believe some of the experiences we've had. One thing I will say, I've only met an entity that was "evil" once.
We don't use crystal balls to investigate, we use the latest equip. from many different professions.
Okay, now you can giggle at me. But the old saying Fossis mentioned has proved true to me: "I know what I saw." And in some cases, I have proof. 8)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lafitte said:
I enjoyed all of y'alls experiences. I'm kinda "sensitive" to that field myself.
I've got a paranormal investigation group here. You'd not believe some of the experiences we've had. One thing I will say, I've only met an entity that was "evil" once.
We don't use crystal balls to investigate, we use the latest equip. from many different professions.
Okay, now you can giggle at me. But the old saying Fossis mentioned has proved true to me: "I know what I saw." And in some cases, I have proof. 8)

Although I don't believe,
I do watch TAPS on Ghost Hunters.
I like that they go in trying to Debunk
& usually do.

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs
[/quote]
Although I don't believe,
I do watch TAPS on Ghost Hunters.
I like that they go in trying to Debunk
& usually do.
[/quote]

We use pretty much the same equip. they do. Except for the really expensive stuff. Our approach is the same. Whatever is not "debunked" gets further investigation.
GH is one of my favorite shows. When I realized that TAPS was started by 2 plumbers, I felt like a kindred spirit.(NPI) Just working men trying to figure something out.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love to go to some of the places they do.

Especially that Castle in Ireland.

I'd want to stay a week though.
Not just one Night :P

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D ;D

Seriously, Any Cool Stories ?

slowreaper

Feb 11, 2007
Turners Falls MA
I stopped watching taps, mainly because I get a little PO'ed when they have the equip and rather then doing readings, they start waving thier arms around and saying come here do you feel that. I realize they have to play to their audiance, but get the readings too!

Oh, and when a door swings open seemingly by it self, hook up some line and fish scale, see how much it does take to swing open the door. Don't jump back and go wow did you see that.

Yeah I do field investigation in phenomena.. and love it

Brad

K

Kentucky Kache

I like TAPS, but I wish it would be a little more about ghosts than about how much one of the guys is always messing up, and the big guy has to show his authority and straighten everyone out. Just a little too made for TV.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Y'all can come over and stay at my place- its a cozy house on Ocean Ave. ;)

AH-House.jpg

But seriously, I've had a couple wacky experiences myself.... one time I was dreaming that I was asleep and my bed was on fire.... I woke up in a sweat and I was so jumpy I couldn't go back to sleep without investigating. I found a frayed electrical cord shooting sparks behind my bed- (it was pushed up against it) :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread