RANDOM PICTURE THREAD - Post ANY of your favorite pictures here to share with Tnet...

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other

When in the military we went to an orientation to be shown some things. One was a film of the effects of a Gatling gun
at ground level. Exploding rounds with every 5th a tracer. The gun sounded more like a fart than a gun
in that with shooting 6000 rounds per minute (100/sec) the shots just sounded like one sound.
The result on the ground was devastating.

The AK130 is equipped with a Howitzer. Started out as a cargo "C" plane. Still is.

Last edited:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Kachina balloon meets Mr. POW

Kachina&POW.jpg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When in the military we went to an orientation to be shown some things. One was a film of the effects of a Gatling gun
at ground level. Exploding rounds with every 5th a tracer. The gun sounded more like a fart than a gun
in that with shooting 6000 rounds per minute (100/sec) the shots just sounded like one sound.

The AK130 is equipped with a Howitzer. Started out as a cargo "C" plane. Still is.

Incredible !!!!

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was a helicopter mechanic and we had 2 mini guns on our perimeter. One was probably 100 yards or less from the hanger and flight line where I worked. This particular one was up in a 40' tower.

Anyway if you have been in the service you know how a machine gun sounds, you can still distinguish individual shots, although very rapidly. The best way I can describe a mini gun is a sound like rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrep rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrep in bursts. There was a very large area on that side of our compound being sandy dirt and small shrubbery and a shallow ditch or two, after the first 3 or 4 second burst it looked like at least an acre of land was covered by dust and plumes of dirt. This country boy was slack jaw astounded!

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those interested...
Complete Auctions is having their big black Friday auction at noon ...
Register to bid via live online eBay / auction zip at ...
Completeauctions.com

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where is the front axle?

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wheres the rest of the bike? I only see 1 foot peg.

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very good, Blak Bart, you spotted the clue. The tan color of the dirt around the "lost" front wheel extends up between the fork shocks, painting over part of the bike, and even extending up between the shocks higher than the top of the hill behind the bike (the hilltop is visible as a horizontal like just below the bike's rear wheel).

Ecmo, the "front axle" is part of the front wheel.

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A cadet of the Virginia Military Institue, 1910.

Note that the buttons on the VMI cadet uniform are all brass ball-buttons. That is still what is on VMI (and some other military-school) uniforms today. So, clearly, not all of the brass ball-buttons we dig are from the 1800s.

Attachments

• uniform_POSTWAR_Virginia-Military-Institute-cadet-in1910.jpg
    uniform_POSTWAR_Virginia-Military-Institute-cadet-in1910.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 53

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lower Geyser Basin, Yellowstone N.P., Wyoming.jpg

Lower Geyser Basin, Yellowstone N.P., Wyoming

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He almost sneaked up on me in Dollar General

You guys do know this guy is an Elf.

Attachments

• 20171126_222846.jpg
    20171126_222846.jpg
    569.6 KB · Views: 64

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_2017-11-26-22-43-51.png
Better than this guy sneaking up on ya !!

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Children...Go Play in the Park!

vernon-metal-detecting-bullet.jpeg

A man with a metal detector has been ordered to stop digging holes in Okanagan parks, even though he is removing items like nails and bullets.
Doug Arnison said he originally started metal detecting to find historical artifacts like coins, but found much more than that in Vernon, B.C.
"I've pulled live ammo shells, bullets, out of Polson Park," said Arnison.
"I've taken them home, dumped the gunpowder out and ... it lights. So they're live shells and they're in the ground."
Arnison said he has also found used needles, staples and metal tent pegs, but he was recently ordered to stop the activity.
In a Facebook post, he writes that bylaw officers won't allow him to use his metal detector "in all parks in the North Okanagan Regional District."
"I don't see any of them [bylaw officers] picking up nails ... or live ammo in the grass," reads the online post.
"I've found all this and more where your children play. I feel it's my civic duty. I have children as well."
'Liability problem for the City of Vernon'

The post has received dozens of comments in Arnison's favour, but the City of Vernon stands by its order calling it a liability issue.
"The digging up of sod on a playing field or in a public park could create a trip hazard and a liability problem for the City of Vernon," said Geoff Gaucher, manager of protective services.
"I understand what he wants to do, but it's not possible to give him permission to do it and then not others."
Gaucher also said parks staff and bylaw officers patrol the parks daily and remove any dangerous objects.
He encourages metal detector users to instead patrol the beach where sand can be easily replaced and filled.
But Arnison argued the rule has "no common sense to it."
"I thought it would be a good thing to do for the city. They could advertise the cleanest parks in British Columbia."

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It IS a picture.... of a paperback book's cover. One of my top favorite books. The author, Harry Turtledove, did amazingly accurate research into the personal character of the major historical figures who appear in the book. For example, the fictional statements he puts in General Lee's mouth sound just like what Lee would have said in real-life.

Take a close look at what General Lee is holding in his hands.

Attachments

• book-cover_The-Guns-of-the-South.jpg
    book-cover_The-Guns-of-the-South.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 77

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread