RANDOM PICTURE THREAD - Post ANY of your favorite pictures here to share with Tnet...

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
High density polyethylene. I use to sell this to manufactured home dealers back in the day. Had to clamp rings on to secure the fitting to keep it from leaking.

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 40 years ago (December 28, 1976), I drove from Atlanta to the civil war siege battlefield at Port Hudson LA, to go relic-digging with some friends. On that trip I dug a .36 Colt Navy revolver, whose brass backstrap was engraved "Capt. W.B. Seawell 7th La. H.A." (H.A. being the abbreviation for Heavy Artillery.) Research showed he was in command of a battery of Heavy Artillery cannons in the defenses of Port Hudson, on the Mississippi River side. When the Confederate Garrison was surrendered, Capt. Seawell and a CS cavalry officer put their revolvers, their swords, an 1855 Harpers Ferry Pistol-Carbine, and a solid-silver hilted fighting knife into a wooden rifle crate and buried it, to spare their weapons the dishonor of being handed over to the yankees. They were wrapped in Capt. Seawell's uniform coat. When I dug them up, I found bits of grey cloth stuck to them, along with a bunch of Louisiana State Seal buttons.

About 30 years later I came across this photo of the handsome young Captain Seawell at age 20 in his Confederate Artillery uniform.
Incredible find and photo. I marvel at how this hobby can be a direct link to the past, one item can open a door to send you down a road of revelations, I believe that gun and buttons were meant for you to find, someone who appreciates the history.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 40 years ago (December 28, 1976), I drove from Atlanta to the civil war siege battlefield at Port Hudson LA, to go relic-digging with some friends. On that trip I dug a .36 Colt Navy revolver, whose brass backstrap was engraved "Capt. W.B. Seawell 7th La. H.A." (H.A. being the abbreviation for Heavy Artillery.) Research showed he was in command of a battery of Heavy Artillery cannons in the defenses of Port Hudson, on the Mississippi River side. When the Confederate Garrison was surrendered, Capt. Seawell and a CS cavalry officer put their revolvers, their swords, an 1855 Harpers Ferry Pistol-Carbine, and a solid-silver hilted fighting knife into a wooden rifle crate and buried it, to spare their weapons the dishonor of being handed over to the yankees. They were wrapped in Capt. Seawell's uniform coat. When I dug them up, I found bits of grey cloth stuck to them, along with a bunch of Louisiana State Seal buttons.

About 30 years later I came across this photo of the handsome young Captain Seawell at age 20 in his Confederate Artillery uniform.

I love it .

I should have searched harder yesterday ,for the original post.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oooooh, plastic lines !

Yeah thats how they build em down here...The good news IS,it didn't freeze...The bad news it was sooooo cold the internet connection froze.They finally fixed it someplace down the road.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wild horses at OBX 163.JPG 178.JPG

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow.....say what !! Thats incredible pete !! Congrats on that !! Truly amazing. Sorry I had a lot of cathing up to do ive been fishing alot.

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

Sweet! Thanks for sharing that story. Gives me goose bumps.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
An original civil war photo, made in 1865, showing the interior of Fort Sumter, Charles SC, after the capture of that city by the yankees. The various huge artillery shells standing around the flagpole are unexploded yankee Parrott shells fired into the fort during the two-year-long bombardment by yankee Heavy Artillery cannons. The Confederates salvaged the gunpowder in those shells to re-use it against the yankees.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An original civil war photo, made in 1865, showing the interior of Fort Sumter, Charles SC, after the capture of that city by the yankees. The various huge artillery shells standing around the flagpole are unexploded yankee Parrott shells fired into the fort during the two-year-long bombardment by yankee Heavy Artillery cannons. The Confederates salvaged the gunpowder in those shells to re-use it against the yankees.

CBG... no photo ? ? ?

:)

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table