Has the world gone "cell phone crazy" ? Your thoughts on this obvious "addiction"...

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
To understand addiction you need to understand addictive compulsive behavior. It can be anything that dominates your thoughts and behavior. Anything.
Once you recognize it's nature of it you will see it everywhere, maybe even in your self.
Ever wonder why a good psychologist or psychiatrist can nail down a problem even if they might not tell the client/patent. It's because it's so often an compulsive addiction behavior.
Ever try to change an addict? All that can be done is to change the addiction to hopefully something less harmful.
They know the hopelessness of that route. The client often just leaves before dropping their addiction.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To understand addiction you need to understand addictive impulsive behavior. It can be anything that dominates your thoughts and behavior. Anything.
Once you recognize it's nature of it you will see it everywhere, maybe even in your self.
Ever wonder why a good psychologist or psychiatrist can nail down a problem even if they might not tell the client/patent. It's because it's so often an impulsive addiction behavior.
Ever try to change an addict? All that can be done is to change the addiction to hopefully something less harmful.
They know the hopelessness of that route. The client often just leaves before dropping their addiction.
Addiction, like metal detecting....

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Addiction, like metal detecting....

Hah ! metal detecting an addiction... yeah right...

I can put down my detector at ANY time...

After this coming weekend. :P

PS> And... would carrying a detector around while it is not on considered detecting ?

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

PS> And... would carrying a detector around while it is not on considered detecting ?

Hummm depends, would carrying a fifth of whiskey in your car trunk or glove box be considered a sign of an addiction....:laughing7:

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had a thread not too long ago here...
I believe the title was something along the lines of "you know your addicted to metal detecting when"...

That was a funny thread actually.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other

Ya,just I can quit any time. Just keep the 6 pac in the fridge just in case???

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Hummm depends, would carrying a fifth of whiskey in your car trunk or glove box be considered a sign of an addiction....:laughing7:

Ya probably. Remember addiction is like any seduction, before you realize it's there , it's already too late.
Ask me this... If your in a relationship, does person know about the bottle?? That's your answer.

Jacksparrow1985

Greenie
Mar 13, 2016
Torbay England
Detector(s) used
Mine lab go find 40
Bounty hunter fast tracker
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
When I see a concert on TV and all the people in the crowd are holding up there devices recording it, instead of living in that moment, drives me nuts.
It's crazy man, some of them have paid hundreds of $ too and are not living in the moment haha

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
So if you are living in the moment and some one asks you to wait a moment, doesn't that through everything off? Just wondering.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So if you are living in the moment and some one asks you to wait a moment, doesn't that through everything off? Just wondering.

heh... bravo !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread