Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was sitting here bored so I started playing the xbox one and I don't get to play games as much as I did years ago but with the winter upon us and not much else to do I was wondering if any of my tnet buddy's have a Xbox live gamer tag they'd like to share and I'll add them. Mine is obvious with K1DDO1979 so feel free to add me. I don't have a play station but if anyone wants to add they're PSN account here also then someone else may friend up. Just an idea if anyone's interested. Please no system bashing stuff and "which system is better crap" if possible because that stuff is just to played out already. I started on Atari and then the NES and played everything in between. Everything's good in its own way.

Last edited:

Bizzo

Aug 9, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Halo 3 was my life back in highschool haha. I wish I could add you but I don't have an xbox one and don't plan on getting one until the elder scrolls 6. I'm curious to see how many gamers are on here though.

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm in!

pong.gif

OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Halo 3 was my life back in highschool haha. I wish I could add you but I don't have an xbox one and don't plan on getting one until the elder scrolls 6. I'm curious to see how many gamers are on here though.

No xbox 360?

Bizzo

Aug 9, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a 360 but I don't pay for gold because I just don't have time to play much anymore. I don't even have it connected to the internet because I don't like auto patching my games. I only connect it when I have to.

OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a 360 but I don't pay for gold because I just don't have time to play much anymore. I don't even have it connected to the internet because I don't like auto patching my games. I only connect it when I have to.

Hope they come out with the elder scrolls soon then so you come on board. Haha
With work, detecting and kids I don't get much time either!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to play Duke Nukem and that was a lot of fun. That was several PCs ago.

All I have now is an R/C flight simulator (RealFlight7.0) to keep my thumbs sharp for flying model airplanes.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
... Gamer? Yes. Xbox or other console? No.

First of all, playing "Candy Crush" (et al) isn't "gaming", it's killing time.

Mostly racing games (in the final tally I was #95 world wide in Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2) and Flight Simulators.

Since my heart attack though, don't have as much time (or desire) for gaming as I used to. Still race a bit of rFactor and Dirt3 and the occasional session of NFS The Run just to remind myself how much I dislike the newest games. Once in a while I'll jump in MS Flight Simulator and take a Cessna out for a jump or two.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I used to play Duke Nukem and that was a lot of fun. That was several PCs ago.

All I have now is an R/C flight simulator (RealFlight7.0) to keep my thumbs sharp for flying model airplanes.

Ah, didn't know they had released 7.0 - don't play it but have a friend who does. He doesn't do the internet, so that might be why he missed it. 70 year old former sailor ... and he loves that game!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They're up to RealFlight v7.5

It's pretty neat that you can plug your actual transmitters into the computer via the buddy-cord and fly using your "familiar" equipment. Some of the models still let you get away with things the physical world wouldn't. But it's not bad.

Much nicer to press the reset button after "dumb-thumbing" a rolling circle instead of spending 10 minutes putting little broken airplane pieces in a garbage bag.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
They're up to RealFlight v7.5

It's pretty neat that you can plug your actual transmitters into the computer via the buddy-cord and fly using your "familiar" equipment. Some of the models still let you get away with things the physical world wouldn't. But it's not bad.

Much nicer to press the reset button after "dumb-thumbing" a rolling circle instead of spending 10 minutes putting little broken airplane pieces in a garbage bag.

Glad they will let you use other controllers, but apparently they still are using the "dongle" method of copy protection.

The one thing I didn't like about RealFlight was having to buy their controller (quite expensive IMO) which actually acted like a dongle ... Without that controller plugged in, my friend can't play his simulator ... and when it wore out, fortunately, he was ready to buy Version 6, with a new controller of course.

Couldn't find thisthread, didn't realize it had been moved to the "Everything Else" section --- where general discussion posts go to die --- until I stumbled upon it today.

OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad they will let you use other controllers, but apparently they still are using the "dongle" method of copy protection.

The one thing I didn't like about RealFlight was having to buy their controller (quite expensive IMO) which actually acted like a dongle ... Without that controller plugged in, my friend can't play his simulator ... and when it wore out, fortunately, he was ready to buy Version 6, with a new controller of course.

Couldn't find thisthread, didn't realize it had been moved to the "Everything Else" section --- where general discussion posts go to die --- until I stumbled upon it today.

Wouldn't be the first thread I started that got buried in the graveyard! Haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions