Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gollum said:
I see things a little differently than most people, in that I firmly believe that we have to find the funny in everything we can. America has gotten too thin skinned, and can't laugh at itself any more. That's a shame!

Best,

Mike

I agree Mike,

there is too much Violence in the world to worry about.

but yet Violence is allowed.

Jokes are censored.

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
Yeah, I'm not going to name names, but there are a few avatars here on TN that I find quite annoying.
But on the flip side, there are some pretty outstanding avatars as well.

I see things a little differently than most people, in that I firmly believe that we have to find the funny in everything we can. America has gotten too thin skinned, and can't laugh at itself any more. That's a shame!
You nailed it.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
gollum said:

Best,

Mike

I agree Mike,

there is too much Violence in the world to worry about.

but yet Violence is allowed.

Jokes are censored.

I think the person who called attention to that idea the best was Larry Flynt. I still remember stealing that issue of Hustler (I was too young to buy it), during the Viet Nam War (1974 or 1975 I think). Flynt stated in the article about how nobody had a problem with him printing full page color photos of soldiers with their heads blown off, but couldn't take him printing a full page beaver shot. He asked, "Which do you think is more disturbing?" and had a beav shot right next to a kill shot.

Mike

Attachments

• request.jpg
    request.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 158

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
i make no apologies it fits my sense of jaded humor if this is family friendly, what age are we talking about, if i was asked to get it off this forum i would do it, its on 2 other forums and no one has complained yet, live and let live

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bowser said:
i make no apologies it fits my sense of jaded humor if this is family friendly, what age are we talking about, if i was asked to get it off this forum i would do it, its on 2 other forums and no one has complained yet, live and let live

I have no Problem with it.

I'v seen Much worse.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
bowser said:

No I simply said I don't think it is all that funny. I believe too many people in this world and on this forum are way to sensitive about things that just don't matter. I think as long as you like your avatar and it isn't hurting anyone who cares. So no offense was offered to you and I hope none was taken. Most of us on this forum are adults, at least by age.

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsy, I liked your old avatar that had your hair blowing in the wind.

Huntin' 59er

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread