strange video - singing and dancing children with APCs (armored personnel carriers)

OP
OP
BillA

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
thanks kot, I spent most of my youth in Italy (Firenze e Napoli) so Italian is enjoyable
here is another from the same period, but the opposite side of the fence

I used to sing this song and it would absolutely horrify almost all Italians - but not all, like everywhere else.
I have no pony in this race, my approach is via the music (op eh)

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't Know, I've never been much of a Flag Waver, Or Follower.
And always Hated What I considered War Mongering Propaganda,
From the Powers that be. So I would have Ignored Patriotic Songs.
Though I Thing Country singers Have some. Which I Hate Country Too.

I don't want to Get into Politics Here if I can Help it .
But I guess the best way to say it is,
it's only been since 2016 that I'm slowly Getting Supportive of the Constitution
as it was written & What the Flag stands For.

I was sort of ignorant alot of my life but I became less naive and I totally support the Constitution. Not the d or r so much.
The president says America first but allows that other nations should act in their best interests.
Barring the use of nuclear weapons, we would have a tough row to hoe with the Russians. They are used to hardship and doing without. Just my opinion.
I have no problem with them singing about tanks. But can imagine the pearl clutching if Amrrican kids sung something like that. Be a fun vid to trigger some people :)
Wonder if Ms. Pipper is interested in some diplomatic relations? :p
Wait a minute...how is it you so readily know this song and other details, Jeff? Hmmm...

Last edited:

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Country, Polka & opera

They can all Disappear Today & I'd never notice :coffee2:

I'm with you on polka-that stuff is like a bad wreck. But also funny at times.
I like old country, kind of surprised you dismiss all of it.
New country is pretty awful, like most pop. But I am surprised you can't appreciate classical female singers.
Ok, what do you think of the Grateful Dead? I heard of them for yesrs, heard about Deadheads who followed yhem in their junkers and smoked weed at the concerts.
I don't listen to music all the time but one day happened to have the radio on and guy says he gonna play the Grateful Dead next. At last I would hear this iconic band. So he plays Truckin'. That was about one of the worst songs I ever heard.>:( I decided those Deadheads had to be stoned to waste their lives following them.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was sort of ignorant alot of my life but I became less naive and I totally support the Constitution. Not the d or r so much.
The president says America first but allows that other nations should act in their best interests.
Barring the use of nuclear weapons, we would have a tough row to hoe with the Russians. They are used to hardship and doing without. Just my opinion.
I have no problem with them singing about tanks. But can imagine the pearl clutching if Amrrican kids sung something like that. Be a fun vid to trigger some people :)
Wait a minute...how is it you so readily know this song and other details, Jeff? Hmmm...

I Deny everything :coffee2:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with you on polka-that stuff is like a bad wreck. But also funny at times.
I like old country, kind of surprised you dismiss all of it.
New country is pretty awful, like most pop. But I am surprised you can't appreciate classical female singers.
Ok, what do you think of the Grateful Dead? I heard of them for yesrs, heard about Deadheads who followed yhem in their junkers and smoked weed at the concerts.
I don't listen to music all the time but one day happened to have the radio on and guy says he gonna play the Grateful Dead next. At last I would hear this iconic band. So he plays Truckin'. That was about one of the worst songs I ever heard.>:( I decided those Deadheads had to be stoned to waste their lives following them.

I Hate Truckin' & I heard some dead music the would rival Pink Floyd & I Like The Dead's attitude
Of not treating their Fans with disrespect when they Photograph & record their Shows.

But not one of my Favorite bands.

Country old or New Sucks. When I was a Kid I liked Johnny Cash, But I Didn't know much then,
Just what My dad played on the Radio. :(

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Country old or New Sucks. When I was a Kid I liked Johnny Cash, But I Didn't know much then,
Just what My dad played on the Radio. :(

I remember back when I was about 10, and every Sunday night
I'd curl up under the covers with my transistor radio in hand,
listening to Dr. Demento on the earplug (so my dad didn't bust
me). :laughing7:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

"The Doctor is out, he'll be right back in."

OP
OP
BillA

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica

as a kid I used to read and listen to the radio under the covers at night, they did not care what I listened to (country from Salinas) but I had a number of beatings about the light under the covers, and even that did not stop me
Red Sovine (sp?)

OP
OP
BillA

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
. . . .

and this is why I started the thread, I am not up on current child pop singers (gag) but when I initially saw the video I flipped it in my head and asked if I knew of this in the US - I did not. Knowing more about it, I can still not picture a US equivalent; the 2 cultures' respect for patriotism is quite different. But I could imagine that the Chinese could be more similar to Russia wrt patriotism vs the US with more recently blended peoples.

lots of Ms. Pipper comments running through my head
Jeff's alt keys are cyrillic characters

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
boris-natasha.jpg

Top Member Reactions